[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bringing bikes with you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

Do you bring your bike inside with you when you go to the grocery store?
>>
>>1024845
Lock it up, people will get mad at you if you bring your bike inside because the tires have been in the dirty street.
>>
File: no.jpg (88KB, 500x339px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
88KB, 500x339px
No.
>>
>>1024846
Haven't your shoes also been in the dirty street?
>>
>>1024848
No, your shoes have been on the pedals of your bike and on the footpath. The bicycle tires have been rolling through gravel, puddles, glass, mud and oil slick from the asphalt.

Don't be a fucking idiot.
>>
>>1024850
They should ban pedestrians who have been walking through all those things
>>
>>1024852
Or irritating cock suckers that don't know where to leave their shit.
>>
>>1024852
People don't walk on the roads people walk on the pavement.

Roads are filthy compared to pavement.

Are you retarded or something?
>>
Yeah, I bring my folder in with me to make sure stuff fits in the basket.
If I bring my other bikes I usually have a rag to wipe off the tires and take it in. I've only ever been asked about it once but they saw that I wasn't getting the floor dirty and that I wasn't in the way of anyone. I go pretty often so they know me already and don't bother with saying anything.
If you're going to go pretty often just ask a manager about it and make sure to remember their name and just tell whoever is working there so-and-so told you it was K.
>>
File: 1478362035018.png (40KB, 324x246px) Image search: [Google]
1478362035018.png
40KB, 324x246px
>>1024856
>People don't walk on the roads
>>
>>1024856
>parking lots where cars drive AND people walk
>in front of every fucking store

?!?!?!?!?!?!
>>
File: bikeshopping.jpg (93KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
bikeshopping.jpg
93KB, 1280x960px
>not riding through the aisles while you shop
>>
Most of the time. Nobody seems to mind but I guess that's mostly because my commuter is a carbon road bike. Might have a different reaction if I did it with a rusty 90s MTB with slicks.

The ones who do wonder are usually small kids who ask their parents why does that man have a bike in the store. To which their parents usually answer something along the lines of idk or probably because it's so expensive.

Never has an employee told me I can't bring a bike inside. Some do comment of the bike but never negatively. If someone asked me to leave the bike outside I'd do just that and go to the next place that has what I need.
>>
>>1024845
I'm concerned about theft and prefer to keep the bike with me. Some of my habits are from growing up in NYC, for example I still lock raise my windows and lock my car doors when most of the West Coast people I work with don't.

A couple of guys at my local post office ride bicycles and they don't mind if I bring my bike inside. And my local bank is okay too.

A giant Safeway supermarket has a cafe and indoor seating area where I've seen bicycles unattended, but it doesn't feel safe. Supermarkets are tough because they have high traffic entrances where bicycles would be in the way.

It's wrong for bicyclists to lock up bikes on handrails, like near a staircase, because handicapped people need these for safety. The same can be said for people who leave their dogs tied right near entrances because seniors might be afraid of them.
>>
>>1025060
"i have to ride in here i dont know how to get out of these clipless pedals"
>>
>>1024848
>he doesnt take his shoes off before he goes in a store
>>
>>1024845
Hell no, I hate the idea of acting so self-important that you can't just check your vehicle at the door. People who do this annoy me — if it's too expensive to leave outside then you shouldn't be going grocery shopping with it.
>>
>>1025910
99% of other bikes I see are BSO garbage so I don't like leaving even my entry-level road bike outside for a long time. The grocery store I frequent most often moved their wheel-bender further from the entrance (no longer covered by cameras) and it isn't bolted down anymore. So I lock to the fence by the outdoor eating area, which is much sturdier than the actual rack and in a place where it's really obvious to everyone if someone tries to steal it. I bring it inside when I'm at work. I'm out of school, but I definitely wouldn't feel good about locking it there for hours at a time, since it'd probably be the nicest bike on campus.
>>
>>1024845
My surly has the kind of rear rack game that makes kim kardashian look like an armenian ironing board, so i save the store a cart and just load up my bike

I am the only guy who dies it so everyone likes me, and it helps save the earth

Soon ill go ahead and get panieers and a front rack so my bike can just always weigh 50 lbs.
>>
>>1024845
No, that's a major faux pas.
Although, one time I did ride to the store and forgot my bike lock. I went in and asked if it was okay to bring my bike inside and the guy said yes.

If you're desperate to do it then be considerate and ask, otherwise no, it's not a normal thing to do
>>
>>1024845
If there is no bike rack outside, then I will bring it in with me every single time. Not just grocery stores, but even some little mom and pop store, restaurants, hardware store, and so on. If they don't have a bike rack, I am making a scene in protest.

And if some hourly employee stops me and says "excuse me, no bikes are allowed inside" I calmly explain that they do not have a bike rack, and I do not want my bike to be impounded for locking it to city signage. They always puss out and let me continue shopping with my bike.

Every jurisdiction I am aware of in the U.S. does not allow you to lock your bike to the handicapped parking sign. It can be impounded.
>>
>>1025346

made me laugh
>>
File: puta.jpg (29KB, 348x346px) Image search: [Google]
puta.jpg
29KB, 348x346px
>>1025322
>It's wrong for bicyclists to lock up bikes on handrails, like near a staircase, because handicapped people need these for safety. The same can be said for people who leave their dogs tied right near entrances because seniors might be afraid of them.
>>
>>1024845
I don't ride bikes that might get stolen to the store.

My lock is worth 1/2 as much as the bike.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.