[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can any of you recommend a mountain bike short which is sort

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: P1110553.jpg (157KB, 745x497px) Image search: [Google]
P1110553.jpg
157KB, 745x497px
Can any of you recommend a mountain bike short which is sort of halfway between lycra and baggy? Not keen on skin tight lycra for mtb riding but dont want baggy pants either.
>>
Get padded undershorts then some shorts from your favourite sports brand that has your desired level of baginess
>>
>>1024636
>Not keen on skin tight lycra for mtb riding
y not? wear them for a day and you'll get used to them. They much more comfortable than chunky shorts.
>>
>>1024636
endura singletrack.

BEST

BAGGY

OUT

THERE
>>
>>1024670
i'm partial to the humvee but yeah endura has the best technical shorts i've ever worn bar none.
>>
>>1024636
POC trail vent shiggy
>>
>>1024636
Just wear the skintight lycra, so comfy. Plus show off your guads.
>>
>>1024636
Check out the Ace shorts from Troy Lee.
Similar to the ones you posted but a bit slimmer.
>>
>>1024636

TLD has a slimmer XC line, as do a lot of European companies.
>>
They aren't mtb but giro's new road shorts are great
>>
>>1024715
>POC

meme brand desu famalam but good quality
>>
File: hillybilly fashion.png (236KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
hillybilly fashion.png
236KB, 600x600px
>>1024656
>wear them for a day and you'll get used to them. They much more comfortable than chunky shorts.

but less durable than baggies. with baggies you can sit on some abrasive log when singletracking while in lycra you can easily tear them when a branch hits you etc. + many well made baggies have zipped pockets + better water resistence than lycra....its not entirely for posing unlike pic rel
>>
File: sprint.jpg (104KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
sprint.jpg
104KB, 1000x1000px
>>1025012
i'd wear the shit out of that though

in fact i'm wearing THIS right now because i'm about to go out on a short ride before it gets dark.
>>
>>1025122
STOP WEARING POSER MX STUFF BE A SELF RESPECTING WHITE MAN AND WEAR PROPER SINGLETRACK GEAR REEEEEEE
>>
>>1024636
Pearl Izumi Divide shorts are great, tapered so they're not too baggy and they feel really light when you're wearing them
>>
>>1025514
highlighter yellow is like five times faster than slate gray, dude. you don't want to be S L O W now do you?
>>
If you live in a dry place, just buy nice padded lycra shorts and then get a cheap pair of shorts from a supermarket to put over them as a sacrificial protective layer

>>1024670
>>1024703
I was thinking about buying the Endura MT500 2 shorts and hooded jacket for winter but a lot of reviews say that they fall apart after a year or so. If I'm paying €400 total for shorts and a jacket I'd want them to last for 500-1000 hours of riding time... What's your experience with the durability of Endura products?
>>
>>1025624
>Endura MT500 2

dont knoe about that enduras shorts but mt500 jacket waterproof version is lit. I hear nothing but praise for endura sigeltrack shorts, far better than TLD baggies since they have more pockets, adjustability and venting options

>>1025616
>highlighter yellow is like five times faster than slate gray, dude. you don't want to be S L O W now do you?

>tfw Im always going to be a slate gray wearing slow fred that gets passed by the cool TLD wearing guys
>>
File: hummvee.jpg (92KB, 930x571px) Image search: [Google]
hummvee.jpg
92KB, 930x571px
>>1025624
>>1025954
Endura are solid.
I have pic related and they're great.
>>
>>1024636
Just wear diaper bib shorts. You have nobody to impress.
>>
Wear Lycra. It's much easier.
>>
>>1026008
>>1026016
>>1025012
>but less durable than baggies. with baggies you can sit on some abrasive log when singletracking while in lycra you can easily tear them when a branch hits you etc. + many well made baggies have zipped pockets + better water resistence than lycra....its not entirely for posing
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.