[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cycling Culture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: images (3).jpg (24KB, 382x385px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
24KB, 382x385px
What are some of the better/most interesting countries or cities with bike culture.

Hard mode: no amsterdam too obvious. (But everything worth copying is welcome anyway)

Japanese one seems very comfy.
https://youtu.be/aaOvq8iBhDs
https://youtu.be/Z1Egea1FEmE
https://youtu.be/9XvH_S7MrWQ
https://youtu.be/XR75S1uqnbw
>>
>>1023410

Thanks for the vids
NHK World does such God awful voice overs tho
Sounds like George Takai trying to impersonate George Takai
>>
Edinburgh has fairly decent bike infrastructure in parts, lots of commuters and hardcore roadies, and a decebt spread of LBS and cycle cafes. Lots of good road and MTB places outside the city too...and so far nobody has gotten on my ass for cycling around town.

The Scottish local governments seem to be turning their back on cycling targets recently though. Several paths and trails have been ripped up due to local opposition.
>>
Portland seems to try, you can get a lot of places.
They just erected the Tillikum bridge which is for peds and MAX trains only.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilikum_Crossing
>>
>>1023455
That's pretty dope, moving there next year and will totally check that out, thanks mate.
>>
>>1023410
>amsterdam
But it's not

My friend cycled around EU quiet a lot and he claimed that france has the best bike infrastructure
>>
>>1023449
That;s just the Japanese style of announcement/narration. When it's translated to english it comes across as someone extremely excited reading incredibly awkward sentences. This is why localization is a good thing.
>>
>>1023490
Depending on where you are in France it's a fucking ghost town on Sundays too, hardly find any shops open aside fruit stands with qt grills working there ;^)
>>
>>1023500
Localisation is bad: why even read anything foreign if it's localised to stop being foreign anymore? May as well only read things from your town.
>>
>>1023410
Amsterdam and other major cities are crap anyway, yes theres tons of bikes but its just people riding beaters for transport purposes. I prefer out here in the middle netherlands where you see tons of road cyclists and mountainbikers all year round, in addition to the commuters of course.
>>
meanwhile in Germany
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_Qf5gcsgK8
>>
>>1023669
Localization is good. It allows everyone to reach the content. I don't speak every language in the world and everything outside the 4 languages I do speak I have to rely on localized content.

That said content usually is better on the original language and loses something on the translation.
>>
>>1023822
what's with the whistling?
>>
Just moved to SLC, although I live in the burbs unfortunately. Getting around by bike is actually pretty good here, given the sprawl. Hopefully will meet more riders soon, even though the off season is coming
>>
Leeds is horrible. Yorkshire has produced some decent cyclists over the years but the clubs are pure cancer. I really do mean that. You won't get more elitism elsewhere, guaranteed.

Woodrup are about the only good framebuilder left in Yorkshire. They might even be the only framebuilder left altogether. There are maybe five decent independent stores across the county, so one for every million people. It reached a point where I started going in Evans Cycles for certain things over my "LBS" because the guy was such a moron that I couldn't take it.

They've built a cycle lane from the east of the city to the centre, then to Bradford. I don't know if any of you have ever been to East Leeds, but the only method of transport they use there are white vans and stolen Kawasakis. They aren't cycling types. Complete waste.

I lived in Liechtenstein and Austria for a few years and they had excellent biking infrastructure, culture and facilities but they had that for everything else too - so it may not have been that special.
>>
Reminder that if your jurisdiction has a mandatory helmet law you do not live in a cycling culture.
>>
>>1023824
Sorry are we on /a/ now or something? Weeaboo
>>
Minneapolis
>>
>>1023941
Look, kid. I don't know who you are or what kind of riding you do, but I'm not one to back away from a challenge -- or from danger. You see those professional freeriders hucking backies off 30 foot cliffs on gravity rigs? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. Or the guys riding 100kph in a peloton only centimeters away from other riders, where the slightest mishap would send them flying onto the pavement -- or worse, off the cliff that the road is running alongside? Yeah, I'm one of those guys too. I'm a 3-time downhill world champion and a 5-time Tour De France winner. I also have the 3rd lowest time ever recorded in the Race Across America, the most difficult endurance sport event in world history. Then you little BMX punk kids and fixie hipster faggots come and tell me that I am afraid to take risks? No, fuck that and fuck you. I'm not afraid to take risks, I'm just not an idiot. I'm all for adventure and risk, but there is literally no reason to ride without a helmet or without brakes, ever, under any circumstances (aside from riding brakeless in a velodrome). I hope you get run over by a death cage and die, kiddo.
>>
>>1023859
I'll be moving there soon. Leave contact info if you want to ride together.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.