[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alpine skiing helmet for winter bikeriding: Yes/No?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: schumacher_2777048b.jpg (42KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
schumacher_2777048b.jpg
42KB, 620x387px
Alpine skiing helmet for winter bikeriding: Yes/No?
>>
>>1023272
An aero road helmet could work too, Ive used an s works evade for cold weather riding and its pretty warm
>>
Full face motorcycle helmet with heater, HUD and defogging system
>>
>>1023283
I think a good skiing helmet is probably cheaper. And definitely much easier to buy, where i live.
>>
Yes.
>>
>>1023284
>Full face motorcycle helmet with heater, HUD and defogging system
..which, including the battery pack you'd have to carry, would end up weighing more than your entire bike does.

>>1023272
Wear a balaclava under your helmet, and if your neck is cold, get a scarf.
>>
The problem in winter is the cold wind in my eyes
I tried the Giro air attack shield but the visor has airing slits in the top of the visor that chills my brain. Obviously it was designed to cool you down in summer.

I wear glasses so ski goggles are out of the question. Maybe one ski helmet with integrated visor.
>>
>>1023355
There are plenty of ski goggles that are made to be worn with glasses.

Regarding the giro air attack shield taping the vents up shouldn't be a massive task. I've done that to my ski goggles as my eyes can't handle cold air or they start tearing up really bad. I gotta do the same to my air attack shield once I get a new clear visor since the dark one is way too dark for winter commuting since I'm so far up north.
>>
Absolutely yes
>>
>>1023343
Hook it to dynahub

Helmet better be bulletproof and scratchproof to
>>
File: 1902927.jpg (14KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1902927.jpg
14KB, 300x400px
Just buy a helmet hat/cap, its a lycra (or something), like pictured craft bike tech hat. Its a small hat you put under your helmet, they are warm as fuck.
>>
Yes. I use a ski helmet and ski goggles all winter long. As a bonus, my helmet has built in headphones and adjustable venting. Shit is comfy.
>>
>>1023518
They really are warm as fuck. I have one and if I use it in temperatures over 2 °C I sweat right through it
>>
>>1023567

That's why the adjustable vented ski helmet is better.
>>
>>1023355
Get OTG (over-the-glasses) ski goggles, wear with ski helmet.
>>1023519
>listening to music while riding
>deaf to traffic
>>
>>1023585
>Deaf to traffic

I ride 5mi out of my 5.5 mi commute on a bike path, otherwise I wouldn't do it.
>>
File: ixSdAMb.gif (11KB, 501x504px) Image search: [Google]
ixSdAMb.gif
11KB, 501x504px
Make sure to get the deluxe model.
>>
>>1023272
Yes. Much more comfortable and easier to manage than multiple skullcaps, balaclavias and scarfs with tiny slit for eyes.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.