[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are bicyclists so fucking stupid?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 11

File: 65168986.png (94KB, 882x968px) Image search: [Google]
65168986.png
94KB, 882x968px
>biking at 10 MPH on a highway with a speed limit of 65 MPH
>biking at night with no reflectors and dressed in all black
>cutting off cars going a couple times their speed
>jumping a curb out into the street and cutting off cars
>biking out in the road toward oncoming traffic in the wrong lane
>biking out in the road toward oncoming traffic in the wrong lane in areas where oncoming traffic can't see them due to trees
>crossing the street without looking both ways like you learn before you even start school
>ignoring cross walk lights
>regularly ignore basically all the rules of the road
Seriously, I can deal with slow moving vehicles in the city but do you fuckers all have a death wish or something? Adult bicyclists are the worst drivers on the road in my city and easily beat out the texting teenagers and Mexicans getting off of a graveyard shift (and those beat out drunks, the elderly, and public transportation drivers).
>>
>>1022496
>some cyclists behave badly
>therefore ALL cyclists must be bad

Can't into LOGIC, can you OP?

You're an idiot. I'm surprised you can manage to put together coherent sentences without it sound like a 2-year old got at Daddy's computer and was just banging randomly on the keyboard. Must be terrible having to go through life with a two-digit IQ, OP, you have my pity.

..and, of course, what correlates to this, is that since you're documentably dumb, you must be a terrible, totally incompetent driver. Wouldn't at all be surprised if some of these 'incidents' you're complaining about were somehow your fault and not the fault of any cyclist. Tell us, OP, how many tickets and accidents do you get in every year? How many points are on your record right now? Any DUIs? Are you required by the State to file an SR-11? How many times have you had your license suspended? Revoked? Do you have to have insurance that requires you to pay by the month? How much per month, over $100? Come, OP, you're anonymous here, you can tell us.
>>
>>1022496
>biking at night with no reflectors and dressed in all black
The rest is 'meh', but this one gets the hate flowing.
>>
>>1022510
>>some cyclists behave badly
>>therefore ALL cyclists must be bad
No, just most of them where I live. The children on bikes tend to be pretty safe and I don't think I've ever had a problem with them.
>>
>>1022517
Then how about you stop being such a gods-be-damned faggot with all this hyperbole then?

Some people misbehave. Reasonable, rational, ADULT people move on from it after a minute or less, they don't fucking obsess over it and post shit threads like this one over it.
>>
I know right? You should get a bike too OP, it's a lot of fun!
>>
>>1022517
>I only notice the cyclists that behave badly
>therefore all cyclists behave badly
No
>>
>>1022528
I notice all cyclists and prepare for them to do stupid shit. You don't expect me to see all that shit happen and not be proactive about dealing with cyclists, do you?
>>
File: 1468519422459.jpg (120KB, 569x802px) Image search: [Google]
1468519422459.jpg
120KB, 569x802px
>>1022515
I used to do this with added black bike, black shoes and black pack, but finally realised I was going to die and stopped.
>>
>>1022515
>>1022543
..well, as an avid cyclist, road racer, and someone who rides/trains at night all Fall and Winter, I have to admit that I sometimes yell at them when I see someone riding on public roads without any lights at all. Aside from illegal, it's just asking to get hit by a car. Lights adequate to been *seen* aren't expensive either, $20 at most.
>>
>>1022510

>falling for the weekly bait thread

simmer down bud
>>
>>1022496
>biking
>bicyclists
>>
>>1022496
It's people who bike like that that give everyone else a bad name. The ones that follow the rules are fine, and good people.
>>
>>1022496
I just stopped giving a fuck after seeing all those fuckers walking in the bike lane

my soul is empty now and cagers should suffer
>>
>>1022496
Daily ocurrences on the bike path:
>a fat sheboon is walking her spawn or her dog right on the path
>ingnorant cunt opens door or straight out parks on the path
>dement seniors walking on the path, deaf so they don't hear the bell
>hoards of asian tourists with selfie sticks
>>
>>1022496
i'd put most of the examples you gave in the youth/immaturity column.
sad fact is that once these kids get older they'll be able to afford cars and will likely be just as shitty drivers.
>>
>>1022496
>driving 60 MPH on residential roads with a speed limit of 35 MPH
>drivers behind glass whose tint and/or reflection makes it impossible to see them and therefore see if they are paying attention or to make eye contact
>behind barrier of glass and steel cage makes hearing other vehicles impossible, especially with music playing
>roof, hood, pillars, headrests greatly restricts range of vision
>cutting off cars going a couple times their speed
>running a stop sign into the other street and cutting off cars
>regularly committing vehicular homicide but it is somehow culturally acceptable to term them "accidents"
>texting/using phone/screen while driving--new cars even _come with_ a screen
>drunk driving
>crossing the street without looking both ways like you learn before you even start school
>ignoring cross walk lights
>regularly ignore basically all the rules of the road

Seriously, I can deal with fast moving vehicles in the city but do you fuckers all have to kill more people in the USA than guns?
>>
>bad drivers inventing problems
lel kill yourself idiot
>>
File: cager lawlessness.png (265KB, 1183x1223px) Image search: [Google]
cager lawlessness.png
265KB, 1183x1223px
Remember, only bicyclists break the law. Us grown ups who drive suffer because of those stupid cyclists.
>>
>>1022971
Not to defend cagers, but at least where I live cars running red lights is extremely rare. In fact I've only seen it like two or three times, and in every case it was at like 4AM where there was no one else on the road. Cyclists on the other hands run reds all the time, I know I do. Of course I always check it's safe to do so beforehand (not that it justifies it).
Are cars running red lights more common in the US?
>>
>>1022976
It's allowed in my state if you come to a full stop, wait 30 seconds, and there is no cross traffic (vehicular or pedestrian)
>>
>>1022971
That picture is rather meaningless without knowing the total number of bicycles and cars that passed through the area.
>>
>>1022976
Everyday on my ride to and from work I see at least one person run a red light. And it's not the kind where the light turns red as you're driving through, it's when the light is red and the cross traffic has a green and dumbass still fly through the ref light.
>>
>>1022985
Where do you live?
>>
>>1022992
Dallas, Texas USA. Most people are terrible drivers here. Everyone speeds no one ever signals a lane change.
>>
>>1022979
Pedestrian area mate, none of those cars should even have been there
>>
File: 1333115591894.jpg (34KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1333115591894.jpg
34KB, 512x384px
>>1022977
>running red lights is allowed if you come to a full stop
>>
>>1023024
>wat is idaho stop
Please dude, educate yourself b4 you reck yourself.
>>
File: 1329980543997.jpg (121KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1329980543997.jpg
121KB, 429x410px
>>1023042
>a full stop is running a red light
>>
>>1022496
Bikes should have to pay a road tax just like cars and motorcycles.
>>
>>1023045
Yes. It means the wheels are at one point not moving. It has nothing to do with the lights. Tell me about the accident. Did she drop you from very high up?
>>
File: 1336424773260.jpg (79KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1336424773260.jpg
79KB, 1024x768px
>>1023060
>full stop
>running a red light
>>
File: 1385008896551.jpg (275KB, 2400x1467px) Image search: [Google]
1385008896551.jpg
275KB, 2400x1467px
>>1022515
You really underestimate how retarded and aggressive motorists would be.
Drunk drivers especially love trying to kill me. (Even to the point where they see me coming, turn off their lights, then buzz you while laying on the horn for a 'laugh')
It's dangerous, but depending on the night and depending on where I have to do, it's just much safer for me to ride invisible.
>>
>>1023063
It's like you don't know what the phrase means.
If you are at a red light and go through it, no matter how long you sat your ass there or didn't, you have ran the light. It was not green.
This is what neurotypicall people mean.
>>
>>1023049
Why?
Bicycles contribute insignificantly to road wear, and the vast majority of people who own and regularly ride a bicycle also own and drive a car.
You're basically trying to make the point that cyclists should pay twice as many taxes for putting less strain on the road system.
>>
>>1023063
Are you literally retarded?
>>
File: 1477883389986.jpg (34KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1477883389986.jpg
34KB, 640x480px
>>1023252
>responding to someone who uses the phrase 'road tax'
>>
My theory is that cyclists smash their testicles on their bike seats and it makes them more feminine and thus more irrational.
>>
>>1022515
Why is that an excuse when you have two high powered beams of light bursting from the front of your car?
>>
>>1026629
Because reflectors make a massive difference in how far away the car can see you. Most cars nowadays have absolutely shitty lights that'll only show 100 - 150 m of road but your reflectors will work from at least double that distance. Without reflectors you might not be visible until they're well under 100 m away from you, especially if you have black clothes.
>>
I'm a biker and can't stand being behind the wheel of a car. I have an issue with moving closed in spaces. I puke after 20minutes in a taxi cab. Don't own a car anymore. I bike and i break every law there is set for bikers. No reason why. Well maybe it's because I just know i can get away with it and if i get hit i won't get all butthurt over something that was my fault. Oh and I've been hit by more then just cars too. Some how my death wish has just evolved me in to an extreeme biker. Also i dont have reflectors, too poor to buy them after my bike fell and they broke. Also no kickstand. Also i love listening to music while riding. Oh and i never wear any colors besides black. Wait and also i smack people's mirrors inward while they are driving on the road and parked cars too.I don't have a reason i just do it. (¬_¬)ノ If you see me don't try to run me over or I'll use my new device to track your car down and I'll shít in your front seat. No i can't really do that but I'm not gonna care if you hit me and you'll probably feel better after you do. So go ahead.
>>
File: stzvo.png (37KB, 700x328px) Image search: [Google]
stzvo.png
37KB, 700x328px
>>1026629
Reflectors help some, but they are not enough. Not enough for any other road vehicle, not enough for bikes either. If you ride at night (or ride on public roadways at all, really) you need pic related. It's not the law outside of Germany but Darwin enforces his own law where you live.
>>
>>1022910
I saw an morbidly obese woman riding a walmart mobility scooter down the multi use path the other day.
>>
>>1027297
>schweinwerfer

Does it werf schweinen?
>>
>>1022896
This, I used to follow the rules, but after the daily shit I get from cagers, I don't even care anymore.
>>
>>1023049
>Bikes should have to pay a road tax just like cars and motorcycles.
WTF are you talking about... road tax?
Can you show the receipt that cars and motorcycles pay that says road tax?

I am a home owner and my property tax bill has an itemized list of assessments for local roads and also transportation related bond measures.

The fees for my vehicle registration and drivers license go into the general revenue fund, i.e. local government salaries and office expenses, public schools, law enforcement, etc.. The registration fees are a tiny fraction compared with income and taxes tax. Likewise fuel taxes are not specially itemized - they go into the general fund - and of course newer electric cars bypass these pumps too.

Now the closest thing I can find that meets a definition of "road tax" is when there are tolls on restricted roads, bridges, and tunnels.

Show me your receipt for "road tax". I'm especially interested in seeing a tax that accurately makes drivers pay for the actual cost of maintaining and improving the roads they travel on. A tax that takes into account the time of day traveled, their speed, and the size and especially the weight of their vehicle.
>>
>>1022976
I do it in my city but only when there is no traffic in either direction and people are just sitting at the stop light wasting time. The traffic lights here are seriously out of calibration.
>>
>>1027369
Iirc the us taxes gasoline as a gauge of wear and tear. The UK might actually call it road tax.

On the other hand, the damage done by bicycles to the infrastructure is nothing compared to shipping or even personal vehicles. On the other other hand, bicyclists should have a secondary route through the city or expanded shoulders for the safety of everyone. On the other other other hand, most bicyclists also drive cars and therefore are paying gas taxes.
>>
File: 1471889588354s.jpg (4KB, 124x125px) Image search: [Google]
1471889588354s.jpg
4KB, 124x125px
>>1022496
>do all those things
>because i want to die and hopefully i can give someone ptsd in the process
>>
>>1027506
>/n/
yes you're still on 4chan
>>
>>1027450
In absolutely not state in the USA does the gas tax (+ vehicle registration tax) come anywhere close to cover the cost of maintaining roads and building new ones. We ALL pay for roads and infrastructure via property taxes and income taxes.
>>
>>1027546

Honestly, I'd be fine with paying higher vehicle and gas taxes if they actually covered maintenance. But the average road user is a retard and would throw a bitch fit, all while claiming that they want fair treatment.
>>
>>1023248
First time I've heard this argument. Do you live in Russia or something?
>>
>>1027641
Average users might be able to see reason, businesses would lobby against it and businesses would win.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.