[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hybrid shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: bike.jpg (8KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
bike.jpg
8KB, 276x183px
hi,

i've really been into bike racing and shit for the last few months. my current bike is a hybrid, trek 7.3. i don't have the money to get a road bike as i just got this one before i knew the fucking difference between a hybrid and road. how can i make the most out of this bike without spending too much money?

specs: http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/bikes/city-bikes/fitness-bikes/fx/7-3-fx/p/1327010-2016/

pic related
>>
>>1022180
Put drop bar then learn how to be a good cyclist with any kind of bike.
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 600x339px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 600x339px
Put 23-25c tyres on it, slam the stem and add bar ends
It won't be road geometry but you'll be able to aero-tuck when you need to.
>>
>>1022180
>i've really been into bike racing and shit for the last few months
Unless you're not in the U.S. and the rules are different where you are, you're not 'into bike racing' for any sort of official, USA Cycling-sanctioned races, because the rules state you must have drop bars, no flat bar bikes allowed, it must be group riding events or gran fondos or other non-racing events.

What you'll have to do to make this actual road-race ready:
o Change the handlebars to drop bars
o (maybe) change the stem
o Change all the controls to drop-bar compatible controls (the thumb controls won't work on drop bars
o Get clipless pedals if you don't already have them
o Get a proper fitting done so you don't end up injuring yourself or wasting energy

..but in the end it's a 25 pound bike, you're likely to get dropped on the climbs, so it's really not worth it. By the time you get it all converted over you'll have spent as much as the bike cost new. You're better off getting an actual road bike. Look on Craigslist for a decent used one and just leave this bike as-is or sell it or something.
>>
>>1022180
If you're not actually racing (which you won't be without drop bars) why do you even care? For actual commuting the speed difference between a flat bar and drop bar bike (where all other factors are similar) isn't that great.

You have a decently capable bike, if you're not going fast enough on it then the problem is you, not the bike.
>>
I'd get a bike computer with a cadence sensor and focus on having a smooth and consistent pedal stroke at 90-110rpm and just build up fitness. Unless you had a pro bike fit done for a hybrid look on YouTube on how to fit a bike, play with the settings each ride, you'll want to focus on your legs and hips, get the fit to the point where you can spin pedals without your hips rotating or your legs going fully extended or your knees coming up too high at the top of the stoke.
>>
>>1022193
i've watched racing i mean
>>
>>1022197
>i've watched racing i mean
Okay, thanks for the clarification.

Everything else I had to say still applies. If you actually want to try racing you're better off finding a used road bike rather than having to rebuild what you already have. Also you'll need to start doing some sort of structured training otherwise in the Spring you're going to be in for a rude awakening when you go sign up for a Cat-5 (beginners) race and find yourself off the back and giving yourself a heart attack in a hopeless attempt to catch back on. My recommendation is to get a copy of the Cyclists Training Bible and read through it, test yourself, work out a training plan, get yourself a real road bike, and start training, if you start soon you'll be in halfway decent shape for earlybird road races in the first quarter of 2017.

If you're a cheapfag and don't want to buy a copy of the book then download this old edition: http://www.lronman.ru/docs/CyclistBible3.pdf
>>
>>1022180

just go out and ride.
build endurance and read up on pedaling technique.

safe up some money and get a proper road bike then. upgrading this wont work all too well and will cost quite something.

if you won't actualy race get somehting like a btwin triban 520 and have fun with it.
>>
Access Raptor
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.