[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Breaking Away was kinda fun, and being a road racer the race

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 10

Breaking Away was kinda fun, and being a road racer the race at the end kinda got my blood up -- even if I haven't seen a race run like that before (but I don't race track, so what do I know, right?)

What other good bike racing movies are there?
>>
>>1021787
Most of the bike-related movies that exist are terrible, or mediocre at best.

Ladri di Biciclette is by far the best bike-related movie, but doesn't involve racing.

American Flyers is cheesy but probably the best depiction of intense bike racing in a movie.

The Flying Scotsman is pretty good too.

Nasu: Summer in Andalusia is great if you're interested in animated films
>>
>>1021792
That's pretty much the list unless you want some movies that aren't bike racing?

Although I just watched 2 secondes, you can watch it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cuzc2RxhAwk

Has downhill in the beginning and a race at the end. I found it quite charming and the bike shop owner was great, would love to have a LBS like that.

You could always watch the TDF stuff like Slaying the Badger or the Pantani movie if you feel like more crappy movies with bikes in them.

OH YEAH WATCH RAD!!
>>
File: Triplets_of_Belleville-Poster.jpg (41KB, 356x475px) Image search: [Google]
Triplets_of_Belleville-Poster.jpg
41KB, 356x475px
One more
>>
Premium Rush
>>
The race at the end was weird as fuck
>>
>>1021845
yeah but it was funny as fuck seeing Rorschach hop onto a bike that was way to big for him.
>>
>>1021847
It was funny seeing young Rorschach doing anything
>>
File: to-the-fore.39986.jpg (719KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
to-the-fore.39986.jpg
719KB, 1280x1920px
To The Fore
>>1021792
There's a second Nasu movie also
>>
Slaying the Badger
>>
how bout this gem
>>
>>1021979
Sounds mediocre, have you seen it?
>>
File: triplets%20main[1].jpg (175KB, 1216x720px) Image search: [Google]
triplets%20main[1].jpg
175KB, 1216x720px
>>1021796
Great film
>>
>>1021985
yes
so bad it verges on good, not for the feint of heart though
>>
Watched this last night, it was like Premium Rush vut worse, and Vritish
>>
>>1022098
Bunch of brit hipsters... if it was more like the beginning I would have wanted more but it turned into some dumb mystery thriller. I actually liked the bro a lot more than the sister and I thought it was incredibly stupid with that guy on the motorcycle "haunting" her.
I felt it really fell off near the end, some of the bike/messenger culture was cool though.
>>
>>1022109
Yeah, the messenger footage at the veginning and the alleycat race were cool, the thriller suvplot was fucking dumv, just like Premium Rush.
>>
>>1021787
There are more good movies about bicycle racing, than bicycle racing movies. Lots of good documentaries.
>>
>>1021793
>>1021973
I can't seem to find Slaying the Badger anywhere, not even on private trackers. What gives?
Apparently it's on Netflix, but I don't have an account.
>>
>>1022444
Never mind, found it
>>
File: phreshoffthepot.png (106KB, 250x239px) Image search: [Google]
phreshoffthepot.png
106KB, 250x239px
>>1022098
>>
Just finished watching Slaying the Badger, goddamn that was biased.
>>
has anyone here watched "Hell of the North"? it is one I want to see but haven't figured out how to yet
>>
>>1023044
I am retarded. The film is actually "A Sunday in Hell"
>>
>>1023047
Yeah, it's bretty gud
>>
>>1023044
>>1023047
Pretty sure I watched this one via Youtube or one of the other streaming sites.
>>
>>1022015
so good. his next film, The Illusionist, is also wonderful, though not about cycling.
>>
File: E.MCKX.jpg (945KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
E.MCKX.jpg
945KB, 1000x1000px
>>1023044
A Sunday in Hell is the best cycling film ever made

The bit at the start of A Sunday in Hell when the hairy guy gives Roger De Vlaeminck a massage and they talk in flemish or whatever, there are no subtitles, so yeah. There is an English narrator. I think you're supposed to speak multiple languages to enjoy it the most and one of them be danish for the original narration.

Stars and Watercarriers about Eddy Merckx & also directed by Jorgen Leth is great too. They're both on youtube, piratebay and cyclingtorrents.nl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3DwhbUGUIg

^that documentary about Graeme Obree is really interesting.

I also really love the first Nasu (second one is meh), Triplettes of Belleville and Bicycles Theives.
>>
File: 11447l.jpg (82KB, 316x450px) Image search: [Google]
11447l.jpg
82KB, 316x450px
If anyone is interested in watching the Nasu films, I'm streaming them (after some other anime) tonight, should be about 11:30 Eastern when the first movie starts.

https://cytu(dot)
be/r/a_watches
>>
>>1023177
Any other docus about single year races? Loved those two. More modern ones would be nice too
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.