[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best road bike for under £300?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: file.png (558KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
558KB, 1000x666px
What's the best road bike for under £300?
>>
ots
lurk moar faggot
>>
Search around on the second hand market. Should be able to find a specialized allez, Giant OCR for that sort of money
>>
>>1020627
Never reply to my thread again unless you're contributing to it, you seething lettuce.
>>
>>1020624
Either go to halfords and buy a carrera tdf or boardman road sport. But you will get a much better deal with something secondhand on ebay or gumtree. good luck
>>
GMC Denali
>>
>>1020631
fite me irl you degenerate piece of shit
i hope you get hit by a car
it's scum like you why we can't have nice things on our little mongolian cartoons nameless message board.
>>
File: 1474737198101.gif (981KB, 342x239px) Image search: [Google]
1474737198101.gif
981KB, 342x239px
>people shitting on decathlon's bikes
>always saying something else is better just because they think decathlon is the same as walmart
>they don't know that decathlon makes their own bikes on their own factories and the bikes are pretty well made and cheaper because decathlon makes and sells the bikes with no third parties involved
>mfw that mindset is fred as fuck

The only weak point on that bike are the wheels, they are heavy but strong, the rest of the bike is fine, I have one and I'm really happy with it, zero problems on 4000 km doing even 100km rides. Oh, and buying a new bike means that you have warranty, on that bike lifetime warranty for the frame and 2 years for components, good luck finding something like that on the used market.
>>
Spending less than £300 on a road bike is a great way to save some money but waste all of it.

Expand the budget to 500.
>>
ur mumz cunt
>>
File: 1462991658342.jpg (387KB, 1358x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1462991658342.jpg
387KB, 1358x1080px
>>1020668
spent $200 on a 2011 trek in 2013 and no issues other than having to change the tires and buying tubes

Buying new is for morans desu senpai
>>
File: 1473992572984.gif (96KB, 248x203px) Image search: [Google]
1473992572984.gif
96KB, 248x203px
>>1020671
>tfw I bought a used road bike as a commuter 8 years ago for $250 and it's still going strong
>>
>>1020696
>used road bike
no shit sherlock
>>
>What's the best road bike for under £300?
A used one.

>>1020668
Decathalon is legit but their entry at this price point has a microshift 8 speed mix.
>>
>>1020668
Not saying all decathlon bikes are shit but there just isn't enough money at OP's price point to justify buying new bike. The decathlon bike will function and you can ride it but you'll be able to find much better bikes for the same price on the used market.
>>
File: mil-millas.jpg (55KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
mil-millas.jpg
55KB, 800x600px
>>1020716
And what's bad about microshift?, my bike has that shifters and works perfectly while being cheaper than shimano/sram. A lot of people thinks the only viable brands are those two+campy.
>>1020745

>but you'll be able to find much better bikes for the same price on the used market.
That also depends on the zone, for example, on my city the used market is really reduced and prices are not really good (200 euro the average hipster 80's steel bike, 100 euro if the bike is in poor condition).

Check this guy, he has traveled more than 20.000km on his triban (he had previously owned another triban which used for more than 40.000km), he is an endurance rider, pic related is a 1000 miles race. The triban is a beast, clearly on of the best bikes on the market at that price and if you want something durable and cheap, you can't go wrong with it.
>>
>>1020649
I know you are joking anon, but the frame is RECTANGULAR and it has grip shifters and a front derailleur that sounds like CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK non stop. I actually like Walmart cruiser/mountain bikes well enough but that thing is torture. If you have to get a road bike from Walmart get the single speed "fixie".
>>
Is Germany''serious'' brand Good?
>>
>>1020668
>on that bike lifetime warranty for the frame and 2 years for components, good luck finding something like that on the used market.
Or you could buy something 2-tiers better for the same price and get higher quality frame and components that don't break.

Bike maintenance and repairs is piss easy, because planned obsolescence is not a trend in the bike world.
>>
Access raptor

link

http://www.performancebike.com/bikes/Product_10052_10551_1173890_-1___
>>
>>1020624
>>1020671

Bikes direct has some decent bikes for cheap.

This guy is WOKE af.
https://youtu.be/NF4MIEkIBZs

Don't forget money for your kit and tools.

>>1020789
Microshift are cool dudes, people just like pissing money away.

My used market is like that too. Old stuff can be alright if it's actually quality components.

>>1021355
Except when they sell single walled rims on a brakeless turd.
>>
>>1020789
>The triban is a beast
You can use all bikes for those distances unless it has a frame that somehow falls apart.

Travelling large distances on a bike isn't telling much really.

You can even do it on a bike equipped with a Shimano Tourney.
>>
>>1021728
>Except when they sell single walled rims on a brakeless turd.

It has normal v brakes on both wheels. It's probably one of the better options for a Walmart bike. Also the GMC Denali has actually been ok since I adjusted the front derailleur.
>>
>>1021612
Holy shit I remember that shitstorm!
>>
File: access raptor.png (75KB, 909x720px) Image search: [Google]
access raptor.png
75KB, 909x720px
>>1021612
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.