[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's just two wheels and a frame

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: lady like.jpg (203KB, 1500x998px) Image search: [Google]
lady like.jpg
203KB, 1500x998px
I like the look of women's bikes and I like the concept of not having to do a stretch or tilt my bike everytime I want to get on or off

In the flesh I've only seen one person riding a ladies bike. Anyone here ride ladies bikes can report on reactions and the advantages over gents bikes
>>
>>1019862
get a fucking dutch bike.
>>
Looks like exactly the same thing. Okay then let's rephrase the question to what are the pros and cons of such a design
>>
The big disadvantage of a step thru is lower frame stiffness. Many of them are heavier, too. Losing the double triangle causes a lot of compromises in the structure of the bike. That's why mixtes are great. They retain the double triangle, so you get most of the advantages of a step thru but with a stiffer and lighter frame.

It's hard to find a new drop-bar mixte in the US these days (most are flat bar grip shift with IGHs), but there are lots of old Peugeot and Shogun mixtes still around. New, you can build up a Soma Buena Vista if you have a decent budget. If you don't mind flat bar grip shift heavy flexy, Linus makes an okay mixte.
>>
>>1019862
>Anyone here ride ladies bikes can report on reactions and the advantages over gents bikes
>>1019865
>get a fucking dutch bike.

I used a Women's Raleigh Sports Three Speed bike for Winter commuting within a city. Stiffness, weight, for this use I couldn't see any different.

The advantage is my rain pants wouldn't catch on any cable clips because there was no top tube. It was easier to wear a longer jacket. Also I thought the Woman's model made the bike even less of a theft target.

The disadvantage was listening to faggots telling me I was riding a girls bike. Fewer places to grip the bike when carrying it up stairs. Also I couldn't fit my Zefal HP Pump on the frame.

I got the frame for free and already had wheels, handlebars, seat, rack, and wrong color chainguard and fenders from another bike. I probably wouldn't have bought a Woman's bike, but I had no problem using it.
>>
>>1019869
It's heavy, slow and inefficient but you can sit up straight and touch the ground with your foot at any point.
>>
>>1019862
>Anyone here ride ladies bikes can report on reactions and the advantages over gents bikes
My drinking bicycle is an ancient beat up hercules with ladies frame.
People literally don't give a shit what you ride.

But my commuter (touring) bicycle has a regular diamond frame. It's just stiffer.

>I like the concept of not having to do a stretch or tilt my bike everytime I want to get on or off
Wut. When I got into biking I was a fatass and had no problem getting on and off of a 58cm frame and i'm 185cm.
>>
>>1019942

not a problem but I never say no to things being easier
>>
My 2nd bike posted here >>>1019373 is an old step.thru frame.
I've laced a new nexus sg3c41 3 speed coaster brake hub to it and lowered to gear ratio to aids in quick acceleration and for small but sometimes pretty steep inclines.
But putting any really power through the pedals(which I nearly never do for multiple reasons) makes the frame distort so much,its really an unpleasant sensation,when standing next to the bike holding one end of the handlebar and shaking the the bike side to side the frame flexes so damn much.

However,this also makes my and some other similar bikes have such a plush ride even with rock hard >4 bar pumped up tires,its like it has some tiny form of built in suspension,I'm very fond of how my gazelle bike rides,thought not every step though frame shares this ride quality.

Here in the coastal Netherlands nobody gives a flying fuck about a male riding a step through frame,bikes are not a status symbol of any kind here,people just ride their bso-tier omafiets whenever it doesn't have a "flat wheel" or a dropped chain.
Which are a lot,I literally know streets that have more than 30 bikes parked with 2 flat tires and a stiff rusty chain.
Kek
>>
> downtubers
>>
>>1019862
That's not a ladies bike. It's a step through. It's for anyone.
>>
A mixte is a male stepthrough, which gives a fairly stiff frame. Other alternatives are folding bikes like Bromptons, which are eay to mount.

I dumped my touring bike a while back for that reason because it was a fucking chore to hop on and off with a load on the back, but with at MTB it's easy as. MTB are also semi-stepthrough.
>>
>>1019869
pros:
you can get on it more easily
better for wearing dresses/skirts while riding

cons:
it's significantly heavier
it's significantly less stiff and structurally strong
less availability, hard to find them on anything but lower end hybrids and cruisers

that's about it
>>
>>1019862
Rivendell cheviot is pretty neat--if you're into being obstinate and willing to put down 2 grand on a mixte.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (35KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
35KB, 443x332px
I don't know where shouls I post this but, where a good place on the internet to look for this kind of bikes online with international shipment? Im in mexico the bikes we tend to ride here are mountain or beach bikes,. I wanna get a step tru like the ones of my japanese animations,. Seriously I find very aesthetic and pleasent the look of the japanese sutdent bikes.

Should I just open a thread for weeb bikes?
>>
>>1020720
yes pls, well riding standing up definitely looks more dramatic in these bikes, how else are you gonna go chase your waifu ?
>>
>>1020744
I just like them m8, weeb bikes are cute.
>>
File: 20160915_211427-1.jpg (944KB, 2943x1699px) Image search: [Google]
20160915_211427-1.jpg
944KB, 2943x1699px
It's better with an engine
>>
>>1020003
Mixtes are nice, I think Soma has a mixte model.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.