[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bike lock developed that makes thieves immediately vomit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>A man approaches a bicycle, handheld electric saw at the ready. He powers it on, starts to drill, and is shot in the face with a noxious spray that makes him vomit uncontrollably. This is the dream of the inventors of SkunkLock.

Thoughts?

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/oct/21/bike-lock-developed-that-makes-thieves-immediately-vomit
>>
>go out drinking
>fiddle with the lock on your way back
>can't optimally unlock the chain due to drunkeness
>get skunk'd

sounds like a great idea!
>>
>>1019852
The shit sprays when the lock is cut into, not fiddled with
>>
File: ralllllph.gif (81KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
ralllllph.gif
81KB, 480x270px
>>1019850
>Thoughts?
Sounds like a solution in search of a problem.
Besides, what's to keep the pukey thief from still stealing the bike?
Finally, viral marketing is prohibited here.
>>
Sounds like this would run into the usual problems with booby traps, in that it has the potential to harm anyone nearby, not just the thief.
>At two feet it was pretty bad. It was absolutely vomit inducing in 99% of people. At five feet it’s very noticeable and the initial reaction is to move away from it. At 10ft it’s definitely detectable and very unpleasant.
>>
I know fuck all about chemicals but wouldn't the compound break down after a while? Also fuck indie gogo.
>>
File: 1441224104813.jpg (260KB, 900x948px) Image search: [Google]
1441224104813.jpg
260KB, 900x948px
>>1019855
Looks like you're gonna get b& for viral marketing family guy then
>>
I suspect it would be more cost effective in the inner city to hire a hobo to vomit on bike thieves for you.
>>
>>1019859
Bystanders letting a thief cut a lock without intervening deserve to get skunked
>>
Theives start wearing chemical smocks.
>>
>>1019850
>Then the would-be thief talks to a lawyer and sues the living fuck out of the bike owner for making him sick
Not legal; you can't do shit like that and not get sued. You could even end up arrested yourself for making someone sick. Also just imagine what sort of shit your life would turn to if it was some underage kid who messed with your bike, got incredibly sick, and maybe ended up hospitalized. There wouldn't be a rock big enough for you to hide under or far enough you could run to escape having your entire life ruined. They won't even be allowed to market it, even if they create it.
>>
>>1020011
You retards realize that it's only activiated if you physically cut the lock right? Like it doesn't just spray at the nigga thats jostling the lock like a clown's flower its sort of like a bank dye bomb.
>>
>>1020011
Inducing vomiting isn't making someone sick. What are you talking about?
>>
What happens if you need to cut your own lock?
>>
>>1020134
Well I suppose you could just wear a gas mask.. I think it's actually a pretty good idea. Better than carrying a lock that costs and weighs more than your bike anyway...
>>
>>1019850
This is stupid, as is honestly using anything day to day but a Kryptonite New York u-lock or comparable Abus u-lock or folding lock, or an OnGuard Bulldog if you're poor and protecting a commensurately cheap bike.

Like, why? The only other lock that's seemed at all appealing ever is the TiGr for sheer sex and sleek, but it supposedly is easier to break than a good u-lock. Long-term locking you might want to use a chain as well as a u-lock.

Otherwise, what do you need out of a lock that 1-2 u-locks and component locks don't get you?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.