[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

KILL ALL CAGERS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

>I also believe that one of the first rules of good urban design is that we must treat cars as a shameful disease to be hidden from the public view so that urban design can be centered on human beings. The presence of too many cars is deleterious to any urban environment, so having cars right in your face, parked on the curb, is the exact opposite of what we should aim for. Hide the cars away so that you can focus the environment on people, not vehicles.
>>
If you have a bike but not a car, you are either a hipster who works at an organic food co-op or a NEET. I have a bike and a car and wouldn't want to go without either. Both do things that the other can't.
>>
>>1019216
The idea is that we should try to shift toward cities and urban environments where one could very reasonably live with just a bike and no car, instead of resigning ourselves to being dependent on cars because "that's just how it is."
>>
>>1019218
i live 1 hour from town.

my driveway is 2 miles long.

you need cars where i live.

now if i lived in town id just cruise everywhere comfy bike life
>>
>>1019216
>If you have a bike but not a car, you are either a hipster who works at an organic food co-op or a NEET.
Or you live in a city.
>>
>biking home on the way from school, nighttime, cars whizzing past
>getting buzzed (2-3) feet constantly
>start feeling funny, start chanting "CAGERS KILL" with the rhythm of my cadence
>feel myself pick up speed, feel stronger, lighter, more angry with myself and these deathcages and their lazy fat occupants
>become maniacal

CAGERS KILL
>>
>>1019218
>>1019268
Poor niggers who can't afford cars live in cities.

Actual people live in suburbs and commute by car.
>>
>>1019216
>what is public transit
>>
>>1019286
>""Actual people"" live in bumfuck nowhere and are held in grid locks for hours twice a day
>>
File: 1476537713532.jpg (111KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476537713532.jpg
111KB, 1280x720px
>I also believe that one of the first rules of good urban design is that we must treat iPhones as a shameful disease to be hidden from the public view so that urban design can be centered on human beings. The presence of too many iPhones is deleterious to any urban environment, so having iPhones right in your face, in the hands of other people, is the exact opposite of what we should aim for. Hide the iPhones away so that you can focus the environment on people, not phones.
>>
>>1019250
>my driveway is 2 miles long

isn't it just a road at that point?
>>
>>1019250
You don't live in a city. You're irrelevant to the discussion at hand.
>>
Try this, everyone: Read the OP's post in your head in the voice of a petulant 12-year old boy who had an early vocabulary explosion, but is still an immature 12-year old boy, who is also trying way too hard to be all edgy and cool and shit like that -- and failing hard at it. Suddenly what the OP is saying doesn't sound weird and out of place anymore, does it?

Grow up, kids: You'd be living on a farm and wouldn't even own a bicycle at all if it weren't for motorized transportation. Half of you wouldn't have survived childhood. Just get over it and accept it. Besides which, those of you who are normal enough that you'll eventually talk some girl into marrying you, will one day hear the words "Honey, I'm pregnant!", and that will end your bicycle-only lifestyle forever anyway; you'll HAVE to own a car. So just get a jump on being an adult and accept your fate now. Responsible adults own cars. Overgrown children try to live with only their bikey-o. You don't want everyone to consider you an overgrown child the rest of your life do you?
>>
>>1020016
dude its a quote from a native french speaker
>>
>>1020016
>>1020059
and someone who is a LITERAL traffic engineer btw
>>
i need a car for work

and i love my job so i'm keeping the car
>>
>>1020070
>need a car for work

most people who say this are deluded
>>
>>1020097
I can't speak for the other guy but I have a job that requires at least one employee have the ability to drive at the drop of a hat to make sure people's pets can get to a vet. Its not required more than once every three or four months but I cannot look at my clients and customers to tell them I tried to do everything I could for their pet if we had to wait for an uber to move their 80 pound dog to an emergency room.

There are solutions, but due to the rarity of a dog or cat or snake or whatever in our care needing emergency care most of them don't make sense. Logistically, we would have to hire 5+ vet staff at a wage we can't afford to have onsite coverage 24/7/365 for something that happens 4 times a year at worst.

I rely on the herd immunity of managing people who choose to drive to absolve myself of the responsibility a few days out of the week.
>>
>>1020099
Or you could just have a company car for this purpose.
>>
>>1020016
>Besides which, those of you who are normal enough that you'll eventually talk some girl into marrying you, will one day hear the words "Honey, I'm pregnant!"
Considering both my wife and me have always been adamant about no kids and had gotten our shit snipped before we even met each other I'm pretty sure that isn't happening. I do feel sorry for anyone who gets trapped into the hell of having kids.
>>
>>1020105
>no kids
Enjoy being a genetic dead end and contributing to the death of the white race
>>
>>1021146
The thing that's gonna kill the white race is climate change, not people choosing to not have kids. So yeah, the white race is killing itself and everyone else with cars basically.
>>
>>1020016
>responsible adults own whatever mode of transport is most appropriate for their situation
FTFY you dumb fuck. If you frequently need to move around 2+ people at a time to places that lack adequate public transport, you need a car. If you don't, you don't, and a car would be a waste. Turns out that having a family usually puts you in the former category for a few decades, unless you live in a city with an extensive rail network.
>>
>>1021146
Oh I'll enjoy all the freedom and money I'll have all for me and my wife because we don't have kids. I'll let enjoying life with kids to you and everyone else who has kids.

>implying I care about the survival of the white race
>implying I care about other people in general
>implying the white race is in any trouble outside of /pol/'s imagination
>>
>I also believe that one of the first rules of good human design is that we must treat whites as a shameful disease to be hidden from the public view so that human design can be centered on human beings. The presence of too many whites is deleterious to any human environment, so having whites right in your face, sitting on the curb, is the exact opposite of what we should aim for. Hide the whites away so that you can focus the environment on people, not whites.
>>
>>1021159
>>1021151

I'm sorry m8s, I was just baiting and playing devil's advocate

I legit agree with ya ;-)
>>
>>1019216
shit leeroy, I'm a NEET and have two cars, one is a DD and the other is muh autox car.
I still ride my bike everywhere though, it's fun.
>>
At the end of the day there are two inalienable facts that must be faced by all cyclists:

i) Automobiles are necessary to the proper functioning of modern society

ii) Bicycles are not
>>
>>1021161
>uncletomming for cars this much
>>
>>1021159
Wow you have the angry bitter man thing down before you are even in your 50s and alone impressive.
>>
File: Reagan_with_Henry_Kissinger.jpg (75KB, 750x493px) Image search: [Google]
Reagan_with_Henry_Kissinger.jpg
75KB, 750x493px
>>1020016

>real adult
>on 4chan
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.