[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you don't wear a helmet, you deserve what you get.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 10

File: helmet2.jpg (38KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
helmet2.jpg
38KB, 500x500px
If you don't wear a helmet, you deserve what you get.
>>
I agree
>>
>>1018886
this won't help when you fall on your face and hit your chin/nose on the asphalt.
>>
Dry forehead and wind in my hair?
>>
>>1018947
Hitting your chin and or nose rarely causes permanent brain damage.

Falling off your bike at 30kph and then having your head whip the ground with all the momentum of your falling body as you flop to the ground, then we might have a different story. Or your head slapping to the windscreen of a car that tailgates you or whatever.
>>
File: giro.jpg (26KB, 479x479px) Image search: [Google]
giro.jpg
26KB, 479x479px
>>1018947
checkmate, atheists
>>
I hope I die or have some children that die of cancer
>>
If you dress like a slut, you deserve to be raped
>>
>>1019135
If you eat meat, you deserve cancer.
>>
>>1018886
If you wear a helmet you deserve to be called a fag. By me.
>>
>>1019193
Being called a fag by a fag makes one not a fag, so I take that as an honor. Fag.
>>1018975
I would wear this. 10/10 helmet
>>
File: tld lime.jpg (48KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
tld lime.jpg
48KB, 600x600px
>>1019204
>I would wear this. 10/10 helmet

>tfw it matches my kit
>>
So I get to be comfy with literally no consequences, sounds good.
>>
>>1018886

Knowing how to fall properly and having a good set of traps is equally as important as a helmet. Your head shouldn't be hitting the pavement in a crash.
>>
>>1019232
Hey there middle schooler!

Let papa frank tell you a thing or two about accidents.

As soon as you have your first proper fall, you will realize that you don't posess super powers like the heroes in the cartoons you like to watch. When you really get into a major blunder, your head will hit the ground in less than a second, and you know what, by the time that happens, you have not even realized that you have even fallen off your bike. This may result in a major booboo.

Also the muscles on your neck, what you think you can actually stop your head from hitting the ground as you summersault trough the air or why do you even bring that up.

No worries kiddo, I don't know if you have gotten your training wheels off yet or can you even achieve the blinding speed witch is 15kph with your wallmart full sus mbt, but as soon as you get a little older, gain more experience and speed, you will realize that you are just a human. A human that absolutely cannot be prepared for absolutely everything that happens.

>Your head shouldn't be hitting the pavement in a crash.

That sure is an ideal situation that one could hope for, but unless you are an anime character, you really don't have that much control over your body in every imaginable scenario.
>>
>>1019282
wew, lad.

just hand the kid a darwin award and be done with it. natural selection will weed out the helmetless dead-enders over time.
>>
File: kn_20ramsay_20eating_20pizza.0.jpg (247KB, 1254x688px) Image search: [Google]
kn_20ramsay_20eating_20pizza.0.jpg
247KB, 1254x688px
>>1018947
>a thing designed to protect your brain won't protect other parts of your body

I guess it's okay if you dont wear a helmet cause you dont have a working brain anyway
>>
>>1018886
>If you don't wear a helmet, you deserve what you get.

I don't deserve all this pussy
>>
>>1018886
you mean mad pussy?
>>
>>1018886
sound logic. I hear similar logic from cagers all the time: "if you ride a bike, you deserve what you get." NICE. I haven't laid a bike down commuting in +10 years. I rarely wear a helmet commuting cause my avg. speed is probably 15mpg. Conversely, I always wear a helmet for recreational riding cause thats where heightened risk (from trying to experience the exhilaration of reckless speed) becomes a factor. motorists present the only risk for non-helmet wearing riding, and no bicycle helmet is DOT approved. So, I guess the point you're making is you only ride for sport, never for commuting, and therefore you fall over and fuck your shit up often enough that a helment becomes a required feature of being on a bike? fucking amateur. Or, you must be australian. I apologize if its the latter.
>>
>>1019282

It's funny how I've had 100's of brutal crashes yet I've never had a serious head injury or concussion. inb4 get gudder, I ride MTB, crashes are part of the game. btw I wear a helmet 90% of the time I'm on a bike.

You sound like one of those angry British cyclists that get's into hissy fits with "cagers" after they cut you off.
>>
>>1019464
>I've never had a serious head injury
>wear a helmet 90% of the time

Well gee, I don't know if you are trying to disagree with me or what.

I only get hissy fits when someone brings up retarded points about safety and the effect of one selfs actions in case of a random accident. Sure you can prevent most accidents in traffic by thinking ahead for a little bit, but when it comes to major blunders there is not much you can do.

The worst I have had happen on a bike is the time I scraped my knee to all the way to the joint, but I still wear a helmet on my head and not kneepads.
>>
>>1019282

I've flipped full body over the handlebars onto concrete with only a skinned knee, no fucking helmet or other gay shit. If your body goes limp you don't often have injury unless you impact something like broken glass or metal shards. People survive getting tossed by tornadoes or falling out of planes because they go limp.

I mean shit, I've fallen off cliffs or crashed cycling/blading/trailrunning. Never hit my head. Your shoulders would get in the way first. And on a bike I rarely crash, only when I'm doing stupid shit, so unless I get smashed by a deathcage it's unlikely, and a helmet won't save you from a murderbox.
>>
File: 1477103881525.png (272KB, 505x640px) Image search: [Google]
1477103881525.png
272KB, 505x640px
why WOULDNT you wear a helmet? do you think that """that girl""" who you passed going 20mph would have fucked you if you weren't wearing one?

>2016
>putting what people think of your appearance over your well-being

cmon
>>
>>1018975
modular is better, this is the only good one on the market.
>>
>>1020058
imo people not wearing helmets(on road bike at least) looks just as stupid as people wearing baggy pants or something like that.
When you ride a road bike the correct appearance is the full lycra with a helmet, sure it makes you look like a faggot in some peoples eyes, but thats just how it is
>>
>>1018975
>>1020081
The fuck? I don't want to play space trooper on the streets.
>>
File: 1328270881302.png (4KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1328270881302.png
4KB, 429x410px
>>1020017
>Your shoulders would get in the way first.

I'm not even going to argue with you guys anymore, because the points you make are so fucking retarded.

Sure, I'll just say it, it is aboslutely IMPOSSIBLE to hit your head in a crash, no matter what happens. Humans are actually desingned like that, if your head ever even comes close to the ground that proves first of all that you are gay and second of all that you are also a spastic retard.

Converstation over, helmet's effectively proven 0% useful and 100% gay in any situation by flawless arguments that cannot be argued.
>>
>>1020081
that Giro model IS modular, though!
>>
File: 580753355.jpg (99KB, 509x339px) Image search: [Google]
580753355.jpg
99KB, 509x339px
>that will be 500 shekels plus tip
>>
File: Girls.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490KB, 449x401px
>he dosen't know that the skull is already a helmet and any accident that would damage the brain through the skull would also damage it through a helmet
>>
>>1018975
holy shit if you actually wear that riding around on a road bike
>>
File: 1337861531577.png (13KB, 523x497px) Image search: [Google]
1337861531577.png
13KB, 523x497px
>>1020522
i dont own a road bike, but i definitely ride my bike on the road
>>
If you really cared about your savety, you'd be wearing a full face motorcycle helmet. Cycling helmets don't do shit for protection.
>>
>>1020529
they only care about pretty helmet colors so they can accessorize with their spandex underwear like the faggots they are.
>>
im not an athiest so i wear a heavenmet
>>
I never used to wear helmets but I work in a hospital and all the road collisions really make you think

I hate the fact it makes me sweat so much or at the very least doesn't allow the wind to deal with my sweat

I think the benefits of a helmet are mostly psychological
>>
>>1019437
>average speed
>miles per gallon
These are the sort of degenerate casuals we are talking about people. Name 3 good reasons apart from "muh hair" not to wear a helmet as a just in case. You still wear a seatbelt even if you havent crashed a car in 1p years, so how is a helmet any different
>>
>>1020536
The psychological benefits of a helmets are negative.

1. Makes you feel a false sense of security, leading to more dangerous riding activity.

2. Makes cars drive more recklessly around you because they think you're safer
>>
>>1020561
>1. Makes you feel a false sense of security, leading to more dangerous riding activity.
i wear pads for when i run out of talent. you'd be stupid not to.

>gonna huck myself off this crag without any PPE whatsoever
not bloody likely, friendo
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.