[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bike Computers and Strava

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1447932228154.jpg (61KB, 540x404px) Image search: [Google]
1447932228154.jpg
61KB, 540x404px
Are there any that stand out for about $250 CAD? Also, what does a computer have to be in order for it to be compatible with Strava? GPS right?

Right now I'm using a fitbit surge and it's an overwhelming piece of shit that breaks down in a couple months.
>>
Just get a Garmin 520. Set up your Garmin connect profile, and link your Strava account to it. Then download the Garmin Connect app and Strava app on your smartphone and link the Garmin 520 by Bluetooth to your phone with the Garmin connect app running in the background. After you're done your ride, your Garmin 520 can save and auto upload your ride to Garmin connect & Strava through your phone. If you get anything below the Garmin 510, 520, 810, 820, 1000, you'll have to manually plug your cycling computer into a computer to manually upload.
>>
Buy a $20 used smartphone
>>
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Bryton-Rider-330E-No-Cadence-No-HRM-GPS-Bike-Odometer-Computer-Free-Ship-/131869864387?hash=item1eb40e71c3:g:EP8AAOSw9eVXXiWH

Google says USD115 is about CAD150. If you want to get closer to your 250 budget, get the 530e, which has a much larger screen.

Main benefit to these computers is that they have auto upload to strava via wifi, and 35 hour battery life.
>>
Cateye Stealth 50, you have to use a computer to upload to Strava, but hey it's like $70 and still supports all the Ant+ sensors.

The only minuses are it's pretty limited compared to the tons of data you can keep track of on the fancier ones and it doesn't have an altimeter so it's pretty fucky when it comes to accurate climb data in the mountains.

If you want the features, Garmin 520. Just make sure to look up how to download local maps because the stock world map sucks.
>>
>>1018822
What app is a good app? I have no service.
>>
I'm looking at this guy

https://www.amazon.ca/Lezyne-Super-GPS-Cyclocomputer-Bluetooth/dp/B00WKSSOZS?SubscriptionId=AKIAIJQOLMEHAHYV4K2A&tag=outd004-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00WKSSOZS
>>
>>1018709
check out the Bryton rider 310. GPS, ANT+, power capable. only like $150 USD for head unit, heartrate monitor, and cadence sensor.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bryton-Rider-310T-GPS-Cycling-Bike-Computer-w-Heart-Rate-Monitor-Cadence-Sensor-/191916820512?hash=item2caf224820:g:2m4AAOSwuzRXfoGF
>>
>>1019239
> Supporting ANT+ Heart Rate*,Cadence sensor*and Power Meter, the Rider 310 can definitely take your workout to the next level.
Supporting =/= actually installed?
>>
>>1018838
>>1019239

I was going to buy one of these but I was reading a review that claimed they had a 0.2 Hz update rate (ie screen updates once every 5 seconds), and couldn't find any info anywhere on the internet to prove or disprove the claim, can you tell me if its true?
>>
>>1019466
I have the rider 100 and it updates instantaneously
>>
>>1019467
He means the GPS and how many "dots" it will make. There's no such thing as "instantaneous", all GPS have a rate at which they fetch data from the satelites; the faster, the more accurate your speed and position will be recorded.
>>
>>1019466
Isn't 1 hz = 1 second?

.2 would be 5 times a second.
>>
>>1019473
no, lower hertz corresponds to longer period
>>
>>1019467
>>1019469
>>1019473

holy shit

to think that /n/ scared SI-autist away, and this is what's left in his wake.
>>
>>1019478
Ya...I guess that makes sense.

My computer isn't running 4 trillion seconds per operation.
>>
>>1019466

Can someone answer my question :<
>>
>>1019486
It's either true or false.
>>
they all suck and ppl cheat on all of them. real niggers just ride with a watch.
>>
>>1019666
1. I wouldn't cheat myself. I only ride for me.
2. Nice satanic trips
3. I'm selling my watch to buy a computer
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.