[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

N****R Stole My Bike!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: stripped-bike-small.jpg (41KB, 341x253px) Image search: [Google]
stripped-bike-small.jpg
41KB, 341x253px
So some bastard stole my bike today. I'm a little mad right now.

But I'm just wondering if its even worth reporting to the police. There were no cameras at the location it was stolen from so the chance of catching the guy or getting it back seems minuscule. I'm in the UK if that makes any difference to anything.

Has anyone here managed to get a stolen bike back? Have the police ever been any help whatsoever?
>>
Where did you leave it and how long?
>>
>>1017887
I have, but only because I lived in a small town and was lucky. You'll probably never find your bike, mate.

And nope, unless it's a very flashy bike (with a weird frame) or you put a gps or some shit like that inside the frame, they won't help, especially in a big city where bike thieves are commons.
>>
Might be a good idea to file a police report if you're planning on getting a new bike paid for by your insurance.
>>
>>1017908
It was locked to a pillar under the stairs of my apartment block. So it was someone who had access to my building, but that doesn't help much as there are quite a few people who live here and lots of delivery guys and other randoms that can get in and out every day.

>>1017927
>new bike paid for by your insurance.
Nope, no insurance.

>>1017920
>You'll probably never find your bike, mate.
Yeah, I'm not expecting to get it back. I'd like to do something I just don't know if reporting it is worth the hassle, a waste of police time or something.

It was a nice bike by most peoples standards, but nothing particularly special.
>>
>>1017936
yeah, I keep mine inside my apartment. recommend you do the same
>>
>>1017887
Report all such events. Reports, at the very least, go to statistics to determine which districts get funding, how often cops patrol, and other things such as neighborhood campaigns to get cameras installed or whatever. It might not get you your bike back but crossing your t's and dotting your i's is a good thing to do for your whole neighborhood. And if the cops bust a theft ring and get your bike back, they can get it back to you.

tl;dr Report it.
>>
File: fob_300x300.jpg (48KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
fob_300x300.jpg
48KB, 300x300px
yeah well it depends if the stolen value makes it a felony or not, don't know how much it is in the UK, but in that case police is obligated to investigate if you report.

Don't left valuable things at the outside anyway.
Next time remember to use two hardened steel chains or large U locks.
One for each wheel and the frame and both locked to a secure spot.
Only locks with the plain type of keys like pic related, with as may slits as possible, not dented nor tubular keys.
Of course, don't use easy-to-unlock levers on the wheels and saddle and secure them with screws and nuts instead.
>>
>>1017887
It's absolutely worth reporting if you at least have a serial number

if you dont, and you got it from an LBS, they might be able to pull up what it was.

if you got your serial number, its proof the bike is yours, and if the nig takes it to anything like a pawn shop or used bike shop you're very likely to get it back
>>
Reminder you can stick a note inside a handlebar, a threadless stem, write on a bottom bracket or bottom bracket axle or the fork steerer, so your name is on it proving ownership in case it ends up in some shady pawnshop.
>>
>>1017936
do you have renters insurance? Bikes are covered
>>
File: 1476214605803.png (629KB, 493x534px) Image search: [Google]
1476214605803.png
629KB, 493x534px
>>1018136

That's brilliant
>>
File: insert.png (657KB, 1139x472px) Image search: [Google]
insert.png
657KB, 1139x472px
Remember that scene from premium rush where he puts the paper in his handlebars.
>>
>>1018220
No, I've never seen that shit before and you're a gay fixiefag, not that there's anything wrong with being gay, it just describes your homosexual nature filthy fixie fag
>>
File: bike.png (1MB, 830x619px) Image search: [Google]
bike.png
1MB, 830x619px
>>1018226
I actually dont like fixies but I did like the movie. (pic related is my bike)
>>
>>1018227
You fucking downquill
>>
>>1018611
>Forced meme again
>>
>>1017887
https://bikeindex.org/stolenhttps://bikeindex.org/stolen I think you should report it to the police or add your frame-number to one of these databases. Maybe thereĀ“s a little chance, that someone looks in one of these databases before buying your bike, or maybe sometimes the EU will do more against bicycle theft, like for example sharing the dates of stolen bikes between the countries.
>>
>>1017887
Yes, report it. Always. Give every detail you can. No joke. Recovery chances are next to 0 but it's better than doing nothing. Put some flyers up and see what others come up with. Offer a reward for recovery.

>>1017936
>leaving it outside
>at an apartment

That will cause bikes to vanish. Just take it inside. No joke.
>>
>>1017936

>he doesn't carry his bike up the stairs to his apartment every day

You deserve to have it stolen. Maybe the new nigger owner will love it more and give it proper care.
>>
>>1018136
Better yet, hook up a device with a GPS system inside there.
>>
>>1018989

:(
>>
>>1017887
Always report it to the police. If you don't, it won't turn up in the statistics and nothing will change.
>>
>>1018023
adding on this put super glue and a steel bb inside the allen or hex screw head on your bike seat clamp if you have that system.
>>
>>1020062
wax > super glue
>>
>>1017936
kill everyone in the building
>>
>>1018226
You seem like the real faggot here. What do you care what someone else enjoys?

>Oh man, that guy over there likes cookie dough ice cream!? That's not my favorite, fa-faggot!

>>1018227
nice
>>
File: idKk8BX.gif (2MB, 325x244px) Image search: [Google]
idKk8BX.gif
2MB, 325x244px
Write your name on a hotdog and slide it in your frame
>>
File: 1476839101428.jpg (128KB, 479x418px) Image search: [Google]
1476839101428.jpg
128KB, 479x418px
I've reported my bike being stolen and the cops found it in a pawn shop.
and I live in Chicago so good work CPD.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.