[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hi /n/ i want to start bike racing but i am wondering what are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 5.jpg (1MB, 850x1211px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
1MB, 850x1211px
hi /n/ i want to start bike racing but i am wondering what are the fastest colors? i think red+white+black is the fastest but i am wondering what are your suggestions? i want to make sure i have the fastest colors so i can win. thanks.
>>
>>1017465
As much red as possible.
>>
Everyone knows that red will just make you overheat quicker. Green is the way to go.
>>
Orange for speed and teal to dissipate heat
>>
yellow and statistically proven. all the finishers in tour de france ride a yellow bike.
>>
>>1017465
If you're training in the winter, you want to wear as much red as possible so you stay warm.

If you're racing in the summer heat, you have to take a cue from PC gamers who mod their computers and wear as much blue as possible, because science has proven that blue is the coolest color and you'll keep your core temp down that way.

White is the color of lightning and lighting travels at the speed of light so wear white if you want to go fast.
>>
Yellow for aero.
Green or dark blue for energy management
Polka dots for light weight.
Red for acceleration
White to protect your virginity.
Orange for traction. Very important in Australia so you don't fall off from being upside down.
Pink is for a sponsorship bonus

Black is to moderate the other colors so you don't unbalance yourself. Or if you're swiss and need the extra solar radiation. Or if you're in italy and you suck/ are making fun of the swiss.

You only are supposed to wear rainbow if you defeat all the gym leaders and collect their badges.
>>
If you ride around town in all black on a black frame fixed gear you'll be able to use various jutsus and other ninja type abilities. Make sure you don't use bicycle lights. I have a fixed gear and the appropriate clothing if I'm trying to get around the city fast and the stealth abilities come in handy because you can break cagers mirrors to regenerate MP faster.
>>
>>1017465
black
for sneak attacks out of the peloton, nobody will see it coming! literally, you will be invisible.

this is however a downside. Hundreds of riders are killed each year being run over by support cars mid-race because they are literally invisible.
>>
it's not about colors, it's about design and overall look

anime - sanic fast but no endurance past 500m, dnfs races because too embarassed to show up

pro team - get passed by beach cruiser bitches because you're eternally on recovery day

expensive "classy" shit (e.g. rapha) - secretly hates the taste of espresso, never actually rides

beer theme - confirmed gravity doper, zero endurance

hi-vis fluoshit with mirror - "on your left" is background noise

vagrant - kill everyone on TTs, insane endurance, can't climb for shit

naked - you're mario cippolini
>>
>>1017500

...what if you're a vagrant that wears surf shorts on a CX bike with regular road gearing?
>>
Black lacks colourful pigment, ergo the lightest colour.
>>
Are you fucking serious? What kind of thread is this? But go for the bare carbon with accent Colours, look at BMC bikes, a fully decked out paint scheme can add 200g compared to bare carbon
>>
File: WP_20160123_19_06_58_Pro.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160123_19_06_58_Pro.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
bare carbon + skeleton
>>
>>1017519
i don't think i've encountered that styleway because the vagrants here roll 90s mtb with slix (hipster fashion always trails vagrant style by a few years) or terk hybrids
>>
>>1017465
>red+white+black
It's funny because I ride a 2015 Cervelo R2 with color-matching kit. Fuck.
>>
File: 409.jpg (45KB, 600x477px) Image search: [Google]
409.jpg
45KB, 600x477px
>>1017544
>>
>>1017476
Very incorrect
>>
File: 1410389501616.png (289KB, 700x550px) Image search: [Google]
1410389501616.png
289KB, 700x550px
>>1017523
This. Also matte is scientifically proven to be faster than glossy because of muh aero.
>>
I didnt think the color mattered as long as it had stripes.
>>
>>1017644
Dubs confirm
Yellow is slow
>>
My bike is maroon and white therefore maroon and white are the best bike colors.
>>
>racing
>>>/sp/
>>>/asp/
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.