[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New bike

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: 17_Propel_ADPRO_1_Red_2000px-w.jpg (238KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
17_Propel_ADPRO_1_Red_2000px-w.jpg
238KB, 2000x1333px
I tried posting in a few threads but no1 is noticing me.

I'm getting a new bike and tossed between:
>Giant Propel Advanced Pro 1 (pic related)
>Felt AR3

There's a local bike shop that wants to sell me the AR3 for 3000 bucks (1000 cheaper than the retail price) so it's like 800 cheaper than the giant (unless giant make me a deal too) but the giant has more proper aero wheels.

halp, also if you want to recommend something different, Im looking for something that can be a general road bike and has the geometry for time trialing and these two seem to fit that.
>>
>>1017318
That's the felt.

I'm in no way a pro rider or anything, my bike's a trek 2300 with some carbon tubes in there. It's pretty old I got it second hand for like 300 bucks and used it for a few years. There's the option of upgrading it but I'd have to change my chain-ring (it's skipping) and probably the drive-train bearings.
>>
>>1017319
The reason I've been wanting to change it is that it generally feels stiffer, feels like it has built up some resistance since I've bought it, maybe it's cause I'm not maintaining it properly. Here's a pic of current bike.
>>
Mk so I guess ironically this is a pretty slow board...
>>
Try and see how many dicks you can suck in one day, then come back to us and tell us how many.
>>
>>1017330
About as helpful as fucking /b lmao what a waste of time you cunts cant even produce a valid opinion
>>
>>1017333
>/b
You need to go back.
>>
File: b.png (35KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
b.png
35KB, 625x626px
>>1017318

if you have 3k to spend on a road bike, ffs do not go into a LBS and buy a complete. Build it up yourself or find something used. Depreciation is pretty bad on high end bikes. Look at all the old overpriced bikes on craigslist, people who bought at the LBS trying to get their money back. It'll never happen, a high end bike from 2005 is worth shit today.

I built up a Neil Pryde Bura SL with Campagnolo Super Record 11 and Reynolds/Tune wheels for less than 3k. The frame alone retailed for $2,500+, I got it on eBay for $700. Every part was found used or NOS, and it kicks the fucking shit out of both your choices.

But if you can't even maintain your old Trek, then forget it. That bike is a death wish.
>>
Propel is sexier + deeper wheels. Just mind their speed wobbles (actually rode a pair).
>>
FUCKING FRED
>>
>>1017401
If he has $3k he's not poor like you. He will just buy a $5k bike in a year when he assplodes his $3k bike.
>>
>>1017318
kys, tripnigger. This is a slow ass board, posting this stupid shit in every thread is retarded.
>>
>>1017401
>I don't agree or relate
>therefore it must be bait
That image destroyed your whole post.
It would be easy for anyone to overlook the fact that you only posted to boast about your poverty and quantity of free time while pushing your anti-LBS agenda, but accusing OP of baiting (aka: trolling) is a bait in itself. It's incredibly hostile and insulting to someone who is asking genuine question. Your hostility scares the crows.

Now feel free to to be hostile towards me while samefagging to agree with yourself.
Don't care. I'm done.
>>
>>1017401
>Cant even maintain

I could, back tire is untrue and the spokes are fuked and rusty (since I bought it) so needs new back tire, needs new bottom bracket, the saddle screw is old and fukn rusted to shit so I need to change that too.. it definitely needs a new paintjob. Idk man its a lot of work.

This is now a Best bang for your buck under 3000$ thread. I want something that can be adapted to time trialing
>>
>>1017318
Why do you have a bike w/o any pedals?
>>
>>1018164
you are suppose to add your own pedals, you are on a bicycle board and you honestly didnt know that?
>>
all this new baiku talk
>tfw student and cant afford a pristine new high end bike.
why live? pic a bike i want.
>>
>>1017318
get the Giant
/thread
>>
>>1018168
>Disc breaks

Why?
>>
>>1018590
because if a droplet of water touches rim brakes, you die!
>>
>>1017318
Can't go wrong with either if you want an aero road bike. I've seen more people opt for the Giant Propel. Plus the Giant comes with 50mm SLR's, which I'd buy. They're very underrated wheel sets. What's the chainset on the two bikes?
>>
>>1018590
Dunno about that frame but the Canyon Endurace has clearance for 32mm tyres with discs.

Most road calipers only have space for 25-28mm so that's pretty nice.
>>
>>1018596
Disc are fine if you don't ever plan on racing. My cycling club which consist of over 100 riders, and not one rides a road bike with disc on our group rides.
>>
>>1017414
not necessarily true. i own a $4000 mountain bike and i work in foodservice.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.