[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

new goals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: bike.jpg (14KB, 256x170px) Image search: [Google]
bike.jpg
14KB, 256x170px
hey guys, i ended up getting a set of toe straps, and some padded shorts.
so i started cycling
my first goal 7.6 miles 3.8 miles each way
and my second goal (today) i did 17 miles
8.5 miles each way.

how many miles do you think will be challenging enough for next weeks goal
>>
also, wow the difference of being strapped to the pedals. it feels kinda awkward just pedaling. trying to keep the rhythm just sorta idling. but when you dig down in a high gear to pump that shit out. it really feels good to push and pull as hard as you can.... fuck it feels good
>>
http://www.bicycling.com/training/fitness/100-mile-goal
>>
>>1014835
How long were you in the saddle to do those 17 miles?

If you're really unfit/slow, you might want to focus on time in the saddle vs set distances
>>
>>1014847
>http://www.bicycling.com/training/fitness/100-mile-goal
thanks guy
>>1014847
maybe hour and a half i think. traffic here sucks dick
>>
>>1014835
I did 20-30 for the longest time to get adjusted.
Up the bike trail to the next city and back, no stops and commuting during the weekdays. Now I've worked my way up to 60.
I'd say don't rush it, get used to being on the bike for long periods and traversing varied terrain/climbs and obstacles and forming good habits/posture (up with cadence, down with resistance).
My goal is get in shape to do a 315 mile tour(my first) next year.
Best of luck with your goals OP.
>>
>>1014838
Stop mashing
>>
>>1014847
>If you're really unfit/slow, you might want to focus on time in the saddle vs set distances
This. Minimum riding time should be like 1h 20/30 min, those 20-30 minutes just for warming riding at a easy pace, and the last hour to ride hard or doing intervals.

To gain endurance, just ride that time, and every few weeks, add it 10% more.
>>
>>1014970
Don't listen to this guy.

During the week you do speed/tempo rides and on the weekend you do 1 big long distance ride taking it easy.
>>
>>1014925
why no mashing?
should i avoid strength training on the bike?
>>1014971
i would like to train for endurance, i am going to start (after hurricanes in florida leave) doing 24 miles 2 days a week at least
i will probably build up to it
>>
>>1015444
You should build up muscle at the gym and then ride your bike. This is specially true for your core muscles.

And you should keep your cadence high (90-110 RPM and effor low. It looks retard at the beginning, but it will realize it will actually make you go faster and make you feel less tired. Also, heavy loads will destroy your knees and make you quit cycling
>>
>>1015467
Sorry for the typos, my phone is messed up.
>>
>>1015444
You're not "strength training" when you mash on the bike, you're just going slower and shattering your knees.
>>
>>1015444
Not the original reply but not unless your going to be a track sprinter
Although I've been riding a fixed gear bike for about 8 months and I've noticed quite a bit of strength gains
>>
>>1014835
>inb4 people tell you that you are going to die if you use toe straps
>>1014970
>riding easy for the first 20-30 minutes
>being this much of a literal fucking downtube
FILTHY
FUCKING
CASUAL
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.