[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you take pictures when you are riding?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 15

File: imagen.png (512KB, 676x646px) Image search: [Google]
imagen.png
512KB, 676x646px
Do you take pictures when you are riding?
>>
Does my helmet camera count?

If so, yes.
>>
Very rarely, if I see something interesting and have the time to take out my phone and snatch a picture, and there's not much traffic around. Most of the times I'll just stop though.
>>
>>1014444
>cyclists are smart, they said
>>
>>1014444
that story is pretty sad. good case for wearing a helmet, tho.

also, i don't take pic but sometimes i need to take my phone out of my jersey pocket to change a song playlist or something.
>>
>>1014444
Quads confirm natural selection.

Being on the road is not a game, no matter if you ride a bike, motorcycle, car or semi. You can die or kill someone. Humans are squishy and have evolved for impact speeds no faster than running.
I don't even take calls when I drive or ride, I pull over when I can to do so or call from my rest stop/destination.
>>
>>1014457
Life is too short to wear a helmet or a condom.
>>
>>1014483
your dick is too short to wear a condom
>>
>>1014491
luckily my dick has a built in helmet
>>
>>1014483
>Life is too short

only of you don't wear a helmet
>>
yes
yesterday i crashed into an old lady while entering a highway
i was trying to snap myself going 40 miles
i didn't even have my phone on a mount or anything
>>
>>1014457
Good case for not taking selfies while riding home drunk from the pub
>>
WTF is a Jersey pocket?
>>
>>1014620
A fucking pocket in your bicycle jersey?
>>
>>1014444
I text, drink coffee, take selfies, organize my notes and agenda, maybe read a news paper.
>>
>>1014444

Mounted a dashcam under the saddle, to collect stills (with visible plate number) of cars and trucks that almost wreck me.
>>
Should've worn a helmet.
>>
>>1014620
>>1014630

this made me laugh way more than it should have done
>>
>>1014632
I used to unironically roll cigarettes while driving on the highway back in my stupid teenage years.
>>
That's pretty tasteless and fucked up that they posted the picture
>>
>>1014457

Yeah totally proof. A helmet would have saved her from this injury we know nothing about
>>
>>1014530

Per mile cars kill at the same rate. He's injuries are the primary cause of death auto accidents. Therefore you should wear a helmet while driving. Why don't you?
>>
once I changed a roll of film while riding on a bike path
>>
>>1014737
>Yeah totally proof. A helmet would have saved her from this injury we know nothing about
Your mental illness is showing. It's not hard to find the source and read about the injury. It's not even hard to guess.

>head hits pavement
>this kills the cyclist

Kill yourself.
>>
>>1014457
SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT YOUR FUCKING MAGIC FUCKING HATS! THEY'VE BEEN PROVEN TIME AFTER FUCKING TIME TO BE ULTIMATELY MORE DANGEROUS FOR CYCLIST AND THE COMMUNITY! FUCK YOU!
>>
>>1014799
In this case no. There were no cars to pass a person wearing a helmet closely. In this circumstance, wearing a helmet would be safer.
>>
>>1014457
>good case for wearing a helmet, tho.
Good case for not acting like a total fucking moron, tho.
>>
No, only freds who are slow can take selfies, if you are pedaling hard you can't even leave one hand off your drops. Also the taking pics/slefies stuff is disgusting as usally it comes together with bullshit like twitter or jewbook and the pics are used to brag about non-riding moments.

That girl probably deserved to die, she clearly didn't taught her children the basic rules of cycling, I see no reflective jackets, only one poor light and they are riding on the middle of the lane, and of course, no helmets, which are obligatory in some countries for children on city.
Cycling is about having fun while riding, but safety is the most important thing, you don't take your children on a ride if you don't know the basics, you must teach your children or they will die soon or later.
>>
>>1014457
how do you listen to music while biking? not earphones i hope.
>>
File: 2442424_24231314.jpg (82KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
2442424_24231314.jpg
82KB, 900x600px
>>1014620
It's like a glove box for bikes.
>>
>>1014962
What's it to you what I do?

My training loop has bike lanes the whole way so I never have to interfere with cars. I stay in my lane and they stay in theirs.

I could ride it with my eyes closed.
>>
>>1014969
Im not judging man, i'm asking in a purely inquisitive manner i'm sorry if i came off as rude, Its just that i myself do not want to ride with earphones and was wondering if i could listen to music some other way
>>
>>1014975
I've seen people on beach cruisers with a speaker mounted on their bars but I wouldn't be able to hear that over the wind buffeting my ears when I ride. 'Plus I think that's obnoxious behaviour.

If you're worried about being able to hear traffic then ask yourself if you can tell when a car is about to plough into you buy sound alone, and what counter measures you would take if you could.
Seeing what's going on around you is infinitely more important than hearing what's going around you, and (imo) you should never make a lane change using only your hearing as a guide, in any level of traffic. Always turn your head to see what's coming.

Of course, this is just my advice and I'm not telling you how to live your life. But you may live a bit longer.
>>
>>1014979
so maybe just an earphone in the right ear and keeping attention is a good idea i suppose.
I'm already overly conscious of my surroundings since drivers can be dicks to cyclists in here in the city.
>>
>>1014721
"ciggarettes"
>>
>>1014986
I ride through a busy downtown every day and I find it better to ride with both earphones. It prevents me from getting startled by honking and cars zooming by. Of course I use my eyes before doing any maneuver, wouldn't trust my hearing only even if I wasn't listening to music.
>>
File: unspecified.jpg (109KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
unspecified.jpg
109KB, 1600x1067px
>>1015003
no, cigarettes
>>
>>1015030
oh, right on
hand rolled cigs and coffee sounds good
>>
>>1014721
>I used to unironically roll cigarettes
How the fuck would you roll them ironically.
Also, do you even know what "ironic" means?
Most people here say "ironic" when they actually mean "facetious".
https://www.google.com/search?q=facetious
https://www.google.com/search?q=ironic
>>
>>1014738
>Per mile cars kill at the same rate.
Per mile maybe, but certainly not per hour.

>you should wear a helmet while driving.
You prevent head injuries while driving by wearing a seat belt.

Get your shit together, Anon.
>>
>>1015033
c'mon gramps, get with the times, language isn't static, don't be so french
>>
File: 9WUFpjB.jpg (41KB, 312x500px) Image search: [Google]
9WUFpjB.jpg
41KB, 312x500px
>>1014969
>What's it to you what I do?
Asshats that wear ear buds while driving, jogging or cycling area hazard to others around them because they lack situational awareness.
>>
>>1015037
>c'mon gramps, get with the times, language isn't static,
You still sound like an idiot.
And I'm still waiting to hear how you would roll them "ironically" no matter how you define the word.
>>
>>1015041
I'm really sorry, but I don't feel the need to explain myself to some cranky anonymous dude. Just lurk more.
>>
File: 1445141435046.jpg (98KB, 790x1053px) Image search: [Google]
1445141435046.jpg
98KB, 790x1053px
>>1015042
So in other words, you don't really think, you just parrot phrases you literally, un-ironically heard someone else autisticly say.
Your mother was right.
You're an idiot, and you'll die living in a cardboard box under a bridge somewhere.
>>
>>1015046
jej
>>
>>1015039
No, friend. First of all, not everyone can hear. period. You don't know who is and isn't 'situationally aware'. Second of all, and I know this leap forward in technology will take you by surprise, there is this nifty little thing known as 'volume control'.

>>1015041
He's saying it did it wholeheartedly; it was something he liked to do and it WAS him, as opposed to someone who had taken it on as an affectation purely because it is a hipster thing to do and nothing more.
Are YOU retarded? Or are you only posting like you are, ironically.
>>
>>1014444
Is no one going to check those quads?
>>
File: IMG_20160902_104428474.jpg (900KB, 3016x368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160902_104428474.jpg
900KB, 3016x368px
>>1014457
>that story is pretty sad. good case for wearing a helmet, tho.
>>1014737
>A helmet would have saved her from this injury we know nothing about

>A mother of two died following a bicycle crash moments after she took a smiling selfie on the way home from celebrating her mother's birthday.

>Carmen Greenway, 41, is believed to have had one hand on the bike as she hit a bumpy patch of road and lost control while returning from having dinner at a pub.

>She fractured her skull and died six days later in St Mary's Hospital in Paddington, central London, after suffering a cardiac arrest.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/04/mother-dies-from-bike-crash-moments-after-taking-this-smiling-se/

>>1014465
>Being on the road is not a game, no matter if you ride a bike, motorcycle, car or semi. You can die or kill someone. Humans are squishy and have evolved for impact speeds no faster than running.
>I don't even take calls when I drive or ride, I pull over when I can to do so or call from my rest stop/destination.

Exactly. If I want to take a photo of my ride, I SLOW DOWN, STOP AND GET OFF to take my photo.

Which doesn't include me, because selfies are retarded.
>>
File: 1457525550246.jpg (87KB, 743x570px) Image search: [Google]
1457525550246.jpg
87KB, 743x570px
>>1015053
>He's saying it did it wholeheartedly; it was something he liked to do and it WAS him, as opposed to someone who had taken it on as an affectation purely because it is a hipster thing to do and nothing more.
So now "ironic" also means "pretentious"?
Be honest: do any of you actually know what the words "ironic", "facetious" or "pretentious" mean?
How about "plebeian"?
>>
>>1015055
No, jesus christ, this board isn't fast like /b/ to have your shitty RNG dubs thread I cant believe I wasted a post to tell you to fuck off.
>>
>>1015118
That's not even the sense I'd use pretentious in. It's an affectation, it's ironic.
Not pretentious. There are lots of things I could do ironically that are not pretentious.
>>
File: 1EJUlqy.jpg (37KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
1EJUlqy.jpg
37KB, 460x460px
>>1015122
So, "no", you don't know what those words mean.
K, thanx.
>>
File: 1469505910162.jpg (32KB, 334x372px) Image search: [Google]
1469505910162.jpg
32KB, 334x372px
>>1015129
Why don't you try something else, like telling me that Frankenstein in the doctor and not the name of the monster.
>>
>>1015055
Welcome to the no-fun hellhole that is /n/. Argumentative cranky old men playing with toy trains and starting scarecrow arguments with cyclists about things they know nothing about in a deliberate effort to keep them away while adamantly refusing to admit when they're wrong. Their sole agenda is to keep the post count for this board as low as possible so they can watch their retarded train thread age over several years. They unironically think that a two year old thread is something to be proud of.

>>1015120
>I cant believe I wasted a post to tell you to fuck off.
>wasted a post
>wasted a post
>wasted a post
>wasted a post
>>
>>1015129
lol who wouldn't laugh at these fat sacks of shit? I bet one of them has a kid with a black guy
>>
Yes.
>>
>>1015039
>a hazard to others around them because they lack situational awareness
Explain? Give me an example.
>>
File: 009.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
009.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>Do you take pictures when you are riding?
Maybe.
>>
File: IMG_20140611_213043.jpg (424KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140611_213043.jpg
424KB, 1200x1600px
Shit like this really bothers me when I've broken the windshield of a car with my face when we we were both going around 20mph when I wasn't wearing a helmet.
>>
File: 484146302.jpg (207KB, 594x414px) Image search: [Google]
484146302.jpg
207KB, 594x414px
>>1015035
This is a helmet intended for use in a car.

In any type of racing competition, drivers are required to wear helmets. This is because even with a five point harness, a full cage, a head and neck restraint device, the helmet is still likely to help a person survive an accident. Your daily driver doesn't even have these extra safety features. If you want to tell someone on a bike that they need to wear a helmet when they ride because they can get hurt or killed, then you should be wearing a helmet when driving. Otherwise you are a hypocrite.

inb4 you attempt to bullshit around this by saying it's not necessary, or make up that it's different for bikes, or that you are special, you annoying hypocritical piece of shit.
>>
>>1017625
>In any type of racing competition, drivers are required to wear helmets.
Yes.

>This is because even with a five point harness, a full cage, a head and neck restraint device, the helmet is still likely to help a person survive an accident.
Well, you need somewhere to attach the HANS (Head And Neck Support) device, and your earlobes sure won't do it.

>Your daily driver doesn't even have these extra safety features
Your daily driver has airbags, which would do nothing in a racing car as you're strapped into the 6-point belts, HANS device, and helmet, all of which together prevent you from moving far enough to make contact with an airbag.
>>
>>1017625
go ahead and don't ride wearing a helmet then. One less retard for the Gene pool.
>>
>>1017739
An airbag will kill me because I am short.
I honestly want it taken out of my car, and wish it were an option, not a standard thing.
Fuck you, thinking everyone's six fucking foot tall.
>>
>>1017770
You can get airbag switches installed by your car dealer.

You'd probably want a helmet then.

Wonder if you could take the upholstery of the chair and stuff more padding in so it fits you better. It's pretty popular with people who want a racier fit.
>>
Allah Akbar
>>
>>1014632
I masturbate while going through parks
>>
>>1015159

>Bikie getting spiky
>>
If I'm on a road I'll pull over and stop just like I would if I was driving a car.
>>
File: of_course.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
of_course.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>1014444
From the landscape sometimes.
>>
>>
File: ootomnliivs.jpg (571KB, 1000x1242px) Image search: [Google]
ootomnliivs.jpg
571KB, 1000x1242px
Yeah, I take photos (including selfires) all the time. I also eat, drink, chat, listen to music, browse web and change clothes while riding. But that's not dangerous because I'm skilled cyclist. I'm also skilled at wrapping bar tape.
>>
>>1017739
Why did race car drivers wear helmets for decades before HANS was a thing? According to your logic the helmets would've been useless before the invention of HANS.
>>
>>1020436
They pretty much were, senpai. They snapped the neck of more than a few race drivers. It was just chalked up to one of those 'that's how it is' things, and people still wore the heavy helmets because it was ' better than nothing'. Even when they were useless in any impact where the full body helmet (car) crumpled so badly that you needed it, and added a breaky-necky failure mode where you didn't even have to crash that bad.
The world is full of examples where intuitively plausible, supposed failsafe mechanisms introduce new and more serious failure modes at a higher rate than the improbable failures they were supposed to guard against.

See Dale Earnhardt.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.