[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I move to Vancouver? Ontario has too many cagers.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: vancouver.jpg (214KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vancouver.jpg
214KB, 1920x1080px
Should I move to Vancouver? Ontario has too many cagers.
>>
File: IMG_0635.png (1MB, 2200x1700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0635.png
1MB, 2200x1700px
>>1012890
Montreal has cheap rent and the metro is better than the sky train.

I don't own a car and I get by fine. I have a communauto membership that I use for my bi weekly grocery run to Costco(daily needs are met by walking distance shop)
>>
>>1012907
Je parle pas français.
>>
>>1012890

Have you ever been to Hongcouver? Pedestrians and Cyclists pretty much don't have the right of way. shits scary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S6GNzVJ1VU
>>
>>1012934
is west coast canada and US going to be annexed by China anytime soon?

are they leading up to that or what
>>
>>1012914
1/3 of the island is anglophone and I'm one of them :)
>>
>>1012934
Biking in Van is excellent what are you talking about.
>>
>>1012907
If you can speak French. If you don't speak French, you can't get the good paying jobs and only thing left are call centers.
>>
>>1013017
i work at a tech start up making 40k a year with benefits and i never speak french at work
>>
>>1013034
>40k a year
how much is that in not monopoly money?
>>
>>1012952
tru fax

Not too many bike paths, but lots of designated side streets. Most drivers are afraid of hitting you, and tend to give you loads of room. Just don't ride down narrow main streets like Kingsway that have zero provision for bicycles and are constantly filled with cars.

Good weather, lots of freds to drop, a few hills here and there.
>>
>>1013046
Pretty much every major road in the city as a cycling route running parallel to it, like with main and ontario. I commute here and its ok, the problem is that most cars don't seem to give a fuck about stop signs and just coast through them.
>>
>>1012890
Fuck no OP, it's a great place to bike but cost of living to wage ratio is horrible desu. Consider again when our housing bubble pops.
>>
>>1012941
Phoque off on est plein
>>
>>1013046
>designated side streets
I don't want to bike in your poo, Pajeet.
>>
>>1012890
Some places are better then others but the fact is Canada is a cager country like the states.

Where did it all go so wrong?
>>
>>1013051
>the problem is that most cars don't seem to give a fuck about stop signs and just coast through them.
Spoiler: So do you, on your bicycle. The only difference is that cyclists, and good drivers (hurr), check for cross traffic. The average vancouverite doesn't.

>>1013149
Don't live in Surrey :^)

>>1013186
I don't know maybe the 3.4 people per km^2 density of our country? Our close proximity to the US? Not being a third world muslim refuge? Think about it for a second, dipshit.
>>
>>1012890
Learn Cantonese first gweilo boy
>>
>>1013186
Vancouver never built a freeway into downtown like most other North American cities.

>>1013052
This guy is right. The city is having a housing crisis right now. Vacancy rate is near zero and super overpriced. You might get here then end up having to move out to Surrey or Coquitlam which aren't very cycling friendly.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.