[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you walk into a bike shop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: ronnie.jpg (248KB, 600x1125px) Image search: [Google]
ronnie.jpg
248KB, 600x1125px
>tfw you walk into a bike shop
>>
File: images.jpg (12KB, 323x455px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 323x455px
>>1012643
>'Hi can I help you?'
>Oh I was just checking out yo-
>'Do you need any help?'
>No thank just having a look a-
>'can I point you in the right direction?'
>No I just want to-
>'I'll be right here if you need me'
Then I have to put up with him hovering around me because I'm usually the only customer in there because the internet is a thing that people use and he butts in every 5 minutes asking if I need help with what I'm looking at
If I tell him what I want he'll upsell the shit out of me and rush me out the door with 5 things when I just went in there for an emergency tube.
Half the time I'm looking at something that I plan to get off the internet later anyway lmao
>>
>>1012651
A lot of places 'make' you do this.

At my current job, I have to chose between having my supervisor pissed at me, and possible lose my job, for not upselling, or having cunt customers who don't understand that certain people have jobs act like I raped their mother when I repeat the upsell phrase.

Just say no thanks a couple times and move on. He probably doesnt' want to talk to your autistic ass either.
>>
>>1012651
>not buying from your local shop
You're the reason they have to sell you so hard. Do your research on the internet then buy local, pleb
>>
File: 1455598229880.jpg (664KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1455598229880.jpg
664KB, 1920x1080px
>>1012673

>paying for overheads just for brick and storefront

plz go

Save my ducats and get it delivered to my door with tracking and insurance
>>
>Go to LBS
>all the employees are fat
>never come back
>>
I cant justify a 100%+ premium over buying online
>>
>>1012643
>chain goes behind the rear wheel
what the fuck is going on here

not to mention there's no chainstays. in fact there's just one seatstay. lefty rear triangle? cannondale is at it again.
>>
>>1012743
Its a trike
>>
>>1012672
>just take it up the ass like a grateful customer you are

'no'

Stand up to your boss or don't work in an ungrateful retail job, don't shove your problems unto unsuspecting customers.
>>
>>1012643
>work at the LBS
>get mad deep employee discount
>still order online

I'm sure some shops aren't as awful about this, but working for a small shop, we only placed QBP orders every so often, once we qualified for discount shipping, and even then they might be out of stock. I'd wind up paying the distributor price +15%, but if you look for it, there's good deals to be had online that rival that.
>>
>>1012651
>>1012672
Perhaps it's a British thing but I've never experienced this, in any kind of store. I tell them once that I don't require assistance (it's not really common that they'll even offer) and that's it, they'll go off and try to be of more use somewhere else. What may happen sometimes in really large stores is you'll go off to another part of the store and get offered help from a different person.
>>
>>1012673
>browse online
>hundreds of different choices for each component
>go local
>sry mate, we only have one thing
>puts the shittiest chinese garbage you could find on the table with 200% price markup
Yeah nah mate.

>go to one store
>ask for some minor part for someone's bike
>$1.20
>go to a different store nearby out of curiosity
>show the part and ask what's the price
>$2.80

My only use for LBS is truing wheels but not for long since I'm planning to make my own truing stand.
Fuck all of them and god bless bikes for their serviceability.
>>
>>1012879
>I've never experienced this
you're probably in an area where stores are less desparate for customers.
what I've found is always that stores that get very few customers because of where they're located are really aggressive with upselling because they're about to go out of business constantly
>>
>>1012884
>god bless bikes for their serviceability
Amen. That's one of the reasons I switched from a car to a bike originally, I was tired of mechanics fucking me over (one literally forgot to put my oil cap back on after a service).
>>
>>1012913
>(one literally forgot to put my oil cap back on after a service).
I had one that lost 2 rollers from a bearing and assembled the drivetrain as-is and trashed the gearbox as a result. He agreed to cover the cost of replacing it after I threatened him with suit.

Goddamn kikes.
>>
The only bike shop I respect here in Phil LLY sells junky had pipe bikes for $300. But their mechanics know everything. If you go in asking for an obscure vintage part, three have it, and they like you for even knowing the name of it. $5 fit an MTB brake booster or whatever. Bring in a frame lighter than 40 lbs and they'll be like "chill bike here is the entire history of it" The owner is into nice vintage bikes and self very expensive ones at shows
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.