[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sweat Prevention Tips for Commuters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1468893470187.jpg (13KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
1468893470187.jpg
13KB, 225x224px
Hi /n/

I've been a commuter on a bike for a while but recently moved to a new place where I have to ride over a steep hill.

When I get to work I get sweaty. We don't have showers so I'm at a loss.

How do you prevent sweat?
>>
>>1012135
I bring an extra set of clothes and deodorant that I change into when I get to work, but if that isn't an option you could try drying off with paper towels in the restroom.
>>
becoming fit. Take that hill for a month and a bit and you should dry up

If you're a sweaty person by nature and getting used to the incline still leaves you looking like a wet rag, then you're kinda boned. Use powder and deoderant to get ride of as much of it ass possibly, carry a towel if its really bad, and if for whatever reason there is no alternate route and the sweat keeps pouring out invest in a small motor so that you stress a bit less over that hill. Not much else you can do.
>>
File: 1457381591777.jpg (37KB, 513x700px) Image search: [Google]
1457381591777.jpg
37KB, 513x700px
>>1012138
>If you're a sweaty person by nature and getting used to the incline still leaves you looking like a wet rag, then you're kinda boned
This is me.

However I'm not fit at the moment because my workout bike is out of commission.

I'm thinking about tackling it today anons.

Wish me luck
>>
Notice you sweat more when you arrive and have stopped cycling. Because your body is warm and gets warmer without the flow of air on you to cool you down and wick away the sweat. So maybe leave earlier and slow down for the last five or ten minutes to moderate your body temperature.
Dunno. I'm just using logic (at 3:10am) but it might be worth thinking through.

Also cut down on diuretics like caffeine and alcohol.
>>
>>1012135
1. Ride slower;
2. Go around the hill rather than up it;
3. Wear breathable, ""technical"" fabrics (NO cotton);
4. Carry a small towel and a deodorant;
5. Use the accessories mentioned in #4.
>>
Are you wearing a backpack? Get a pannier or something.
>>
>>1012143
This is what I do, 5 minutes or so to just ride around and cooldown then I towel off.
>>
I shower before leaving the house (because I'm not a fucking pig) and just arrive 5 minutes earlier to cool down and carry a little towel and "normal clothes". I commute in full lycra because it's just easier and my jeans won't get destroyed by riding. Changing when you arrive at your destination won't take you more than 5 minutes unless you're a girl (and you have to reapply make up or whatever) or incredibly overweight.
>>
>>1012135
Walk that hill or harden the fuck up.
>>
>>1012135
Wear proper bike clothes, use the lower gears and always bring a change of clothes
>>
>>1012163
>(NO cotton);
Baby, why you gotta do this to me?
>>
>>1012205
Not him, but yeah, my work wear is basically just plain t shirts anyway so I wear unmarked/unbranded tech stuff. Mostly black Uniqlo stuff. I'm drier when I arrive and dry off much, much faster.
>>
>>1012205
Cotton keeps the moisture inside (as in "in itself and close to your body") rather than getting it out and stops being breathable after just a little sog shows up which is contributing to the sweating factor.
Trust me, I have experience with this shit.

Also, having a shirt to change into at work (or carrying one) works even better.
And drop the backpack in favour of a rack bag/pannier/whatever.
Cheers.
>>
>>1012137
Basically this.

Also, haven't tried this yet, but my colleague suggested rubbing Sodium bicarbonate under my armpits, said that it helped him.
I'm guessing it kills of the microbes so it might not be the best solution long term.
>>
File: 141560138.jpg (590KB, 678x1024px) Image search: [Google]
141560138.jpg
590KB, 678x1024px
>>1012175
>Are you wearing a backpack? Get a pannier or something.

THIS.

Holy moly, I wore my bag a few times and it would collect moisture like a son of a whore.

You guys recommend cycling jerseys? You guys recommend any autumn-temperature cycling jerseys that would be good for removing moisture?
>>
Drive a car and use ac you fucking pussies
>>
Baby powder
>>
get an e-bike
>>
Electric bike
>>
>>1014910
>current year
>being a cagecuck
>>
Look for showers
Use paper towels
I like to cooldown after a ride, usually just pack a meal and walk around in the sun for 10 mins with a friend before class starts and the sweat has evaporated off by then, anything extra i can wipe with paper towels.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.