[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best /n/ video games? Railroad Tycoon is all I can think of.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

File: railroad_tycoon.jpg (232KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
railroad_tycoon.jpg
232KB, 1024x768px
Best /n/ video games?

Railroad Tycoon is all I can think of.
>>
File: sc3k.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
sc3k.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
>>1012052
srsly?

>tfw I've played this game to death to the point that it's no longer a challenge to get a big ol' suprplus after just a few years
>>
OpenTTD dudes
>>
that 3d "simulation" thing they hook up to some exercise bikes at the gym
>>
>>1012052
Cities Skylines has pretty good traffic simulation.
>>
>>1012052
Mariocart
>>
>>1012065
Represent!
>>
>>1012052
>implying trade transportation tycoon doesn't exist
>>1012065
I can't read
>>
>>1012069
zwift?
>>
Cities Skylines with mods is pretty GOAT tier
>>
>>1012052

Paperboy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNk4-Up1aws
>>
Transport Fever is shaping to be a bretty gud.
>>
>>1012084
>Mariocage
>>
File: Sharkey & Co., 1982-10-17.png (626KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Sharkey & Co., 1982-10-17.png
626KB, 1366x768px
I'm also a fan of OpenTTD, it's a remarkably open-ended game that can vary considerably depending on the settings you use and decisions you make.
>>
Is there any game that just lets me build urban rail and tram lines through comfy neighborhoods?
>>1012065
>>1012188
I found this one too difficult to get into and almost impossible to make a profit.
>>
superautism
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI5Eaz1rRrA
>>
>>1012199
>too difficult to get into and almost impossible to make a profit
Yeah, OpenTTD definitely has a learning curve (particularly orders and signals) and the most frustrating part comes at the very beginning of each game when you have to establish a small income source that will allow you to invest in big (read: interesting) projects.

But it's a lot of fun once you overcome the initial challenge, I suggest you give it another try, and start off with ships before moving up to trains. Also, don't bother with road vehicles, they have their uses but it's hard to turn much profit with them.
>>
/n/ OpenTTD server when?
>>
>>1012206
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
File: Zeppelin Giants of the ky.gif (85KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Zeppelin Giants of the ky.gif
85KB, 640x480px
>>
>>1012148
lmao at the recumbents being a threat.
>>
File: tram_catenary_1280.jpg (784KB, 1280x548px) Image search: [Google]
tram_catenary_1280.jpg
784KB, 1280x548px
>>1012199
>Is there any game that just lets me build urban rail and tram lines through comfy neighborhoods?

Train Fever lets you do that.
>>
Sid Meier's Railroads is pretty fun
>>
played RRT2Gold to fuckin death!

played RRT3 to death

played loco-commotion (free game on RRT3 disks) until I almost had an aneryism from it

currently playing (and modding) Anno1404. modding makes it a fun ship combat game as opposed to a town builder
>>
>>1012052
Transport Giant was pretty solid.
>>
File: simscr02.png (2MB, 1920x1015px) Image search: [Google]
simscr02.png
2MB, 1920x1015px
>>1012199
Simutrans let's you run tram on regular railway and normal trains on tram tracks if you want.
>>
Factorio. Logistics all day every day. Conveyor belts, robot hands, trains, transport robots. Pure transportation start to finish.
>>
>>1012773
Came here for this. Factorio has all autisms
>trains
>factories
>digital logic
>ayyyys
>>
>>1012234
>/n/ OpenTTD server when?

server: ripsnorter.aushack.com
pw: fred
>>
>>1012213
FIRS makes the game even better. Over 70 different industries. And all the newgrf trains and stations are amazing. It also has some pretty good music for an indie Open game.
>>1012754
I've tried playing Simuturans a couple of times, but it just seems even more difficult to understand than TTD or OpenTTD.
>>
>>1013125
>>1012234
how do you play openttd multiplayer?
>>
post kohctypop, spacechem or infinifactory scores or ask for mine
i'll try to beat yours
>>
>>1013463
become a bigger transport tycoon than the other guy
>>
>>1013475
Like in the same scenario? But do all people have to be online at the same time? Seems kinda complicated seeing how those games last for hours.
>>
File: simcity_n.jpg (746KB, 2046x768px) Image search: [Google]
simcity_n.jpg
746KB, 2046x768px
What does /n/ think of my city's transport system? Even though it's pointless I've colored in imaginary lines for teh lulz. The rail lines irradiate from my main station.

I wish there were a sc3k mod where you can actually define the transit lines and it affects operating cost and wether sims will use transit. Trams would be fine too, desu. Although laying down rail lines right along streets is kinda like LRT.
>>
>>1013125
Noice.

>>1013504
On some servers the game stops when nobody is online, not on this one though.

You should be able to run your company unsupervised for a few decades. The only obstacle that can ruin you are outdated vehicles that aren't available anymore and can't be renewed. Can be fixed by setting it up so that vehicles never expire or by playing post-2050 when no new vehicles come.
Also deadlocks, but that would really be your own fault for building a shit network.
>>
>takes days to complete a journey
>income is proportional to distance travelled
>passengers don't expect return journeys
>bigger stations have a bigger capture area
hmm, if I were going to program a transportation game I'd make a few changes to this formula.

There would be 2 modes.

1: A small scale map showing sections of routes in detail so you can design stations, build tracks through cities, bridges and so forth. The timescale ranges from pause to real time so you can watch neat steam locomotives slowly accelerate to an hour per IRL minute so you can observe multiple trains at a busy station and make sure everything is working correctly.

2: Once you have built something you switch to the large scale map which has lines for tracks and red dots where vehicles are. Here you build long distance rural tracks, manage business and time can go by faster so a year can pass in a minute or 2.

Your income depends on how efficiently you set things up as well as supply and demand. Imagine 3 locations, A, B and C, and it takes a train an hour to go from one to another. If you set a train going along the route ABCABC... it will record that it takes an hour to go from A to B and 2 hours to go from A to C and your passenger incomes would be calculated based on that. If you set another train going CBACBA, now it only takes an hour to go from A to C. The total time of a return journey will have dropped from 3 hours to 2 hours, increasing the quality of the service and demand. Even more trains increase quantity but quality doesn't increase as much (a train per hour vs 30 minutes) resulting in diminishing returns. The player observes all this, one step at a time, and uses the information to decide what to do next. If D is 3 hours away they might decide to have 1 train collect passengers at A, B and C before heading to D, and the travel time of A to D is recorded as 5 hours.

Freight is a mixture of fun industries (coal + iron = steel) and a town's goods along similar lines.
>>
In a little while it will be fh3
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.