[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good shoes for bicycling and hiking?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: image.png (740KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
740KB, 1334x750px
What are some good shoes for bicycling and hiking?
>>
Five ten aescent
>>
>>1011814
skateboard shoes for maxxx comfort and inexpensiveness.
>>
>>1011814
New Balance.

Depends what you mean by hiking though. For some people that means gravel trails. For others it means walking in the woods climbing rocks and shit.
>>
>>1011823
Light hiking. Mostly staying on dirt and gravel trails. I'd like them to be well made enough to not have any problems walking through a prairie.
>>
File: iu.jpg (195KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
iu.jpg
195KB, 1000x1000px
>>1011826
desu you don't need anything special for lite hiking or even for real hiking unless its super cold/rough or whatever

I have gone backpacking with pic related and it did fine. I use them for riding all the time too.

Don't be too obsessed about gear, it doesn't matter much.
>>
>>1011831
I know mate but I have to spend money on shoes, so I want it to be well spent. Might just go to rei and try on a few. I definitely couldn't use sandals though. too much pokey shit where I go.
>>
>>1011833
fair enough, if you have lots of prickly plants and shit then sandles aren't fun

check out goodwill/thrift shops too, sometimes its cheaper just to buy a couple pairs of old shoes that are still in decent shape for like $5 each
>>
>>1011826
Yeah you could literally wear anything for this. If it's just fair weather walking on dirt and gravel paths you could wear converse sneakers or anything that fits you in Payless.

If you're hiking hiking and in the rain, snow, and through terrain then you would need hiking boots... But you're a nu-age "outdoorsy" liberal hipster fairy faglord so just put anything on your feet that will cover them. Go for crocs.
>>
Call me crazy but I often wear Converse for bike commuting. They have soft rubber soles that grip petty well to studded platform pedals.
>>
>>1011842
I wear sneakers but they don't work for what I do. So why don't you go wear some crocs? As in crocODILES? As in you should put your FEET inside the mouths of CROCODILES and get EATEN ALIVE YOU FUCKIN PIECE OF SHIT I OWN YOU!!!!! AHAHHAHA (don't bother responding; you'll never recover from this)
>>
>>1011842
Have you walked through a prairie? Go back to your hole, fagboi.
>>
>>1011858
Calling me a fagboi, that's rich, meanwhile you're the faggot who's walking through prairies and shit.

Wear jeans and put on converse, you're soft pussy feet can handle it.

You'd think taking it up the ass would harden you enough to walk through a prairie with your boyfriend while wearing normal shoes.
>>
>>1011861
>I wear less comfortable footwear because it suppresses my homosexuality
>>
>>1011843
Ur crazy.

>>1011814

Other than cycling cleats, I like to wear my very minimal nike shoes with nothing but a not even cm thick sole because it lets me get really great grip on the pedal, almost so much that I can hook my toe around it and pull back and up like if I was hooked in.
>>
>>1011862
>I'm such a mmassie faggot I can't walk on dirt without buying speciality super soft endurance extra grip shoes for my bitch feet
>>
File: 1474414552017.jpg (226KB, 737x601px) Image search: [Google]
1474414552017.jpg
226KB, 737x601px
>>1011843
u wot m8? I hate wearing converse when biking. I feel like my feet can't grip the pedal properly with converse. I'm with >>1011870. I like to wear nike shoes with thin soles. I think mine are nike free running shoes.

>tfw I actually wear converse when walking trails

Only packed dirt and gravel trails though.
>>
>>1011814
KEEN
>>
>>1011814
Approach shoes.
>>
>>1011814
>bikecycling
sk8/bmx shoes, adidas sambas, sidi or dromarti if you're gonna be pro as fuck with cleats and shit

>hyking
depends on the weather and your load, but I like brooks cascadia shoes for sunny dayhikes and asolo clompers for mud and wintery shit

kinda want a new pair of jungle boots but idk who makes good ones anymore
>>
File: picrelated2.jpg (94KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
picrelated2.jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
>>1011814
OP assuming your a guy NB leadville are definitely top pick.

wear these to every hike from 3 miles to 12 mile roundtrip hikes. never let me down

good life too

NB leadvilles got good traction n are light. take my word for it.
>>
>>1012040
>NB
the is no reason to pick NB or Adidas or whatever over brands that specialize in hiking shoes like Merrell and Salomon
>>
>>1012046
there's no reason not to, either.
>>
>>1012040
You can hike with these for 4 kilometers until your ankles explode
>>
>>1011814
For cycling it depends on how serious you are and what type of riding you do.

If you casually ride road bikes you can use any type of shoe really unless you pedals that require cleats.

If you are riding mountain bikes you could get away with just about any type of shoe even ones you would use to hike in. Skateboarding shoes do well because they are usually cheaper and really comfortable.

For hiking keen and Merrell have some good options. I am more keen to keen (pun intended). The more serious hiking you do the higher cut of boot you will want to get.
>>
File: WP_20160815_13_13_17_Pro.jpg (3MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160815_13_13_17_Pro.jpg
3MB, 3264x1840px
>>1011814
>Five ten aescent
>>
>>1012046
Op is walking on dirt paths, gravel trails, and prairies apparently which is a fancy way for saying grass. He doesn't need "HIKING" shoes. First of all this thread does belong on /n/, second of all he "claims" he would like to use the shoes for "cycling" "too".

New Balance or literally ANY walking or running shoe will suffice.
>>
I do a ton of hike-a-biking, and the five ten impact high tops are awesome. Five ten 'enforcer' is a very similar non-leather alternate version.
>>
File: sundayhike.jpg (42KB, 474x265px) Image search: [Google]
sundayhike.jpg
42KB, 474x265px
>>1012046
>>1012057
I can tell these posters are fatbody casuals. Go on another shopping spree at REI before that difficult 4 miler, gotta get that ankle support and don't forget poles!
>>
>>1011814
I wear my steel toes everywhere.
Biking, fancy restaurants, hiking, whatever.
My work paid for them so IDGAF.
There are hiking/mountain type shoes that attach to your pedals.
>>
File: sam_1492[1].jpg (2MB, 4000x2248px) Image search: [Google]
sam_1492[1].jpg
2MB, 4000x2248px
SPD hiking shores and boots are available, as well as more casual shoes..

Pic related. Shimano MT91's.
See also: Shimano XM 7, XM9.

If OP doesn't use spds, then just keep in mind that cycling performance increases with stiff soles and light weight for efficient power transfer.

Some basic BMX flat pedals will work well enough for casual riding with pretty much any shoe mentioned here.
>>
adidas terrex shoes and pretty much any of their trail running shoes,
i use their slingshot TRs and they are great for flat pedals, and comfy for hike and bike.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.