[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dudes selling a Softride with 105/duraace components for $300.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: images.jpg (8KB, 240x156px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 240x156px
Dudes selling a Softride with 105/duraace components for $300. Worth it?

Already have a road bike. Figure a tri-bike would be fun.

Pic related, but not the actual bike.
>>
Good for a lauf and you can reuse the important bits later.
>>
>>1011147 #
So... I should swap the good parts out and become a plaid shirt wearing, corduroy skinny jean stretching, fedora touting hipster and make it a single-speed/fixie?
>>
>>1011156
this... this bike triggers me somehow..
>>
>>1011156
Absolutely
>>
I say buy it, you never know - if you keep it for 20 years you could probably sell it for a bit of money. Might be worth something someday. Could be fun to ride too!
>>
>>1011142
fuck yea Softride!
do it, faggot!
>>
>>1011142
I owned one they are fun as fuck. Make sure the beam is rated for your weight or over. Don't worry about the beam failing, if it does it just goes flacid. Only know because I bought mine from a collector and he only had one fail ever.
I built mine up with mustache bars and bar end shifters and flat pedals. I'm looking for a mountain bike version.
>>
>>1011156
it's a softride you can do whatever the fuck you want
>>
Well, I'm meeting with him tomorrow. Dudes gonna even deliver it to me. Figure I'll give him full price if it's as good as it seems in the ad.
>>
ITT: Post pictures of Softrides?
>>
>>
>>1011156
>that bike
>$300

fucking WHERE
>>
>>1011618
would cop
>>
File: Softride-3.jpg (119KB, 700x469px) Image search: [Google]
Softride-3.jpg
119KB, 700x469px
softboys what up
>>
>>1011645
>a legit airshock
>just for the saddle

keks
>>
>>1011645
Holy shit, from the thumbnail I thought that was one of those hideous, ridiculously heavy Walmer-tier MTBs
>>
Update:
Bought the bike, busted rear wheel, dude gave me $50 off. Bought a reeeaaally nice wheel set for $120. Gonna get it cleaned up and tuned up. Then I'll sell for a $300-500 profit.

Good times...
>>
>>1012797
Can we please get a picture before you sell it
>>
>>1012859
Will do. Have it at the bike shop getting the cassette put in the new wheel.
>>
>>1012873
>at the bike shop for cassette installation
>>
>>1012894
>supporting your local bike shop

Yes? They were going to repair the wheel for me and true it before we found out it was ruined. Figured I'd atleast pay them for something instead of just being a douche.
>>
>>1012897
There's nothing douchy about doing simple repair/installations yourself
>>
>>1012899
I agree. But having a store hold your bike with the possibility of making a dollar and then telling them "thanks, but no thanks." and walking away while they stored your bicycle for a day or two. So yeah, paying them $8 to do a simple repair is fine with me.
>>
>>1011618
I am fully errect
>>
Are these bikes not memes?

It would seem to take the impact off your ass and move them to the next available source; your knees, ankles, wrists and shoulders.

Can someone explain this bicycle design to me?
>>
>>1013274
I don't understand. Your riding position doesn't change. They just change the street point from a rigid vertical support to a horizontal flexing support.
>>
>>1013274

If it takes impact off your ass, it does so by flexing and absorbing energy, not sending it to some other part of your body.

Think of it as kinda like suspension, but designed to only absorb energy you WANT absorbed instead of slowing you down like a speed-goblin.
>>
>>1013274

The softride seatpost only really protects your taint

But when you are standing on a bike, you naturally bend your joints with any impact. When you are about to hit something, most people stand up to take the impact

Softride maybe makes it possible to do that while sitting?

I don't really think softride was ever very effective so it is a moot point

But companies are always pushing roadie-bike suspension systems every few years. Maybe something will stick
>>
>tri-bike
>fun

Pick one. Tri bikes are overly-specialized equipment for funsucking tryhards.
>>
>>1013342
But try-hards pay good money for an advantage, even if they're 50 year old Fred's with a self destruction marriage
>>
>>1013342
>>1013371

Trifags know a thing or two that hasn't caught on with toadies yet

Specifically the super-short cranksets, which help you go hard for longer and LAST

And the "open hip angle" moves they make

And god damned Aero Bars which you'll see on almost every RAAM and tour divide bike that makes it with good time

Tri is love

Tri is life
>>
What the world needs is a RAAM-styled touring bike with Tri geometry for BLASTING your ass across the planet doing 150 mile days
>>
>>1013419
These only apply in the time trial position, and roadie tts already know these things because tri and tt are almost the same
>>
File: post_image5.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
post_image5.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
Here it is.
>>
>>1013749
>splash tape
Of course.
>>
>>1013753
Not my choice. Lol
>>
>>1013749

didn't expect those tubes to be so T H I C C
>>
>>1013753
if it didn't have splash tape I'd have been terribly disappointed
>>
File: VZM.IMG_20161003_195122.jpg (566KB, 2325x1440px) Image search: [Google]
VZM.IMG_20161003_195122.jpg
566KB, 2325x1440px
So, anyone wanna buy a Softride with 2 wheelsets for $950?
>>
>>1013773
I'll give you a dollar and you pay for shipping
>>
>>1013773
Just keep it and ride it
>>
>>1013773

Just make it a sahweet fixayy that you never ride
>>
>>1013869
I prefer my road bike for riding. Fixie are more of a statement than a means of transportation.
>>
>>1013749
>>1013773
Idk if it's just the pictures you took but it looks like horseshit.
>>
>>1013749
> huge black dild between ure legs
>Made in cuckistan
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.