[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Exploration thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1474838720917.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1474838720917.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
I'm out on the W&OD trail in northern Virginia. Enjoying the beautiful quasi-fall weather and doing a bit of exploring. Never been this far before. Figure I'll turn back after my water break.

What sort of exploring does /n/ enjoy?
>>
>>1010846
That's not the W&OD Trail. That is perhaps a pic from one of the connecting trails but not the W&OD. I ride the 90 miles on the trail down and back at least once a week.

That being said, rural exploration in exurban areas is the best. North of Leesburg in Waterford, Lovettsville, Taylorstown, etc. is the shit for NOVA folks.
>>
>>1010875
Yes it is... it's in Vienna. That connection you see is heading into a park. I took the picture with the trail behind me.

But yeah, I love checking out little areas off of the trail, especially Herndon town center and Reston tow center.
>>
Check out the Carolina bbq brothers in Ashburn. Great little local place right on the trail. https://g.co/kgs/x95mza
>>
>>1010877
Meadowlark! Yeah, ok, I know the connecting trail now. You can head west all the way to Leesburg or Purcellville for more nature scenery, or you can go to Old Town Alexandria or Washington DC, Arlington, etc. NOVA has the most extensive trail network next to the SF bay area that I know of. Bring up Google Maps and set the option to "bike" a whole bunch of trail and bike lane options will open up.
>>
I go to fancy neighborhoods in my city, the kind the buses don't even go, and just cruise around looking at people watering their gardens and whatnot
They're almost always up in the mountains so I get a nice view of the city too
>>
I like to drive an hour or so to somewhere new to mix it up. The Sam ol' in town routes get stale. I'll do some research beforehand with the Google man and try to find roads where there ain't no street view and plot a route.
>>
File: wew.jpg (152KB, 935x701px) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
152KB, 935x701px
I bike to and break into abandoned buildings and trails around Pennsylvania

>>1010846
Virginia looks so wonderful I wanna ride down there after my ride to NY
>>
I love doing slow century rides that force you to stop in new towns and talk to people. Before I had a smart phone I was guaranteed to get lost. That was fun and exciting too. Ended up meeting a lot of strange people

>>1010947

I follow this instagrammer I think
>>
>>1011014
https://www.instagram.com/embowers_/

???
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.