[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best of both worlds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Best of both worlds
>>
I dunno straya
>>
>>1010144
came here to post this
>>
>>1010133
>Best of both worlds
Yea, for a child.

These kinds of newsboy cruiser frames are almost always sized for riders who are about 12-14 years old. They're simply not big enough for adults. The ONLY way they're useful for an adult is if you don't have to actually pedal the thing.
Tho this one does have a welded-on rear rack, which I think is A Good Thing. (that no US companies seem to sell, but anyway)

I have no objection to engines on bicycles, but this one is a total-loss 2-stroke which does burn very dirty. China even banned these things, and is forcing people to electrics now.
Not that this necessarily pollutes less overall, but an electric motor has no tailpipe to spew smoke.
(And to be honest--there were also a lot of 2-stroke mopeds and motorcycles present before in China, also. They're getting rid of those too)

Also that rag-joint on the rear wheel tends to break spokes.
>>
>>1010133
>australian anything
>best
m8.
>>
File: emu.jpg (41KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
emu.jpg
41KB, 750x450px
>>1010133
Hi there
>>
Those are some sick axle but washers
>>
>>1010263
>They're simply not big enough for adults. The ONLY way they're useful for an adult is if you don't have to actually pedal the thing

The ultimate solution is to make a bigger and heavier version for adults.

I bought mine when I was 14 but someone would still have to pry it from my cold dead hands.
>>
>>1012295
I have one. Its super fun for basic trail riding can go 30mph and do 75mi on a tank
>>
File: romet-ogar-200-45-1553748.jpg (129KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
romet-ogar-200-45-1553748.jpg
129KB, 1024x682px
Used to ride ogar 200 since i was old enough to get a moped license (13yo).

My father removed the factory chokes and put Jawa 50 parts.
Glorious 60km/h of 2 stroke commie engineering
>>
>>1012378
fuck yeah, romet is boss
>>
>>1012295
>The ultimate solution is to make a bigger and heavier version for adults.
I ordered one of the Worksman "adult" cruiser bikes for a project once--ordered it new from the factory.
It was okay for the price, but it was still too small.
Worksman is bullshit; the thing is still sized for teenagers. I am 6'2" and it was nowhere near big enough; the handlebars were in my lap, cuddling up to my balls.
The only reason that it is "large" is because the smaller frame is a couple inches smaller than the "large" frame.

If you wanted a truly adult-sized newsboy cruiser frame, you'd probably have to build it yourself. All of the ones I have ever seen were teenager-sized. The Worksman was my last hope.
>>
>>1010263
>These kinds of newsboy cruiser frames are almost always sized for riders who are about 12-14 years old. They're simply not big enough for adults.

Is this "newsboy" cruiser a special type of bike or are you referring to cruisers in general?
I find cruiser bikes rather comfy and I'm 5' 10" but awfully leggy (manlet torso on long legs and I look taller than my actual height). Then again, I ride a 29er cruiser, MTB, or 700c road bike usually so all my bikes have similarly sized wheels. Even a 26" cruiser is just as comfy as a 26" mountain bike.

>>1012295
They have a 29er cruiser at Wal-Mart, aluminum frame, for $150. Its an okay bike for basic riding. There is a Huffy one even cheaper but it's all steel, which you may or may not prefer.
>>
>>1012567
Probably because their definition of "adult" was Chinese, where the average adult is about half a foot shorter than Westerners.
>>
File: 1383219084357.jpg (247KB, 800x560px) Image search: [Google]
1383219084357.jpg
247KB, 800x560px
Serious question, does anybody fucking make mopeds anymore?

It doesn't look like Tomos is around anymore, and the big names like Honda and shit seem only to make moped 'scooters'.
I don't need something like pic related, but I don't want a scooter. If I want a scooter, I'll get a proper one, not a moped version.

I don't mind paying a couple grand if I'm the first user, but it doesn't even look like I can look for them online.
>>
>>1013381
No one makes mopeds anymore except the Chinese. Also you picture has no cranks and is therefore not a moped. It's just a small motorcycle based on a moped frame.
>>
>>1013381
honestly what you should get is a bike with an electric assist system.
there's no real reason for a old school moped anymore, the motors are too heavy and loud
>>
>>1013417
But I think they're cool and I'm short so I don't look silly on one
>>
>>1013394
>No one makes mopeds anymore except the Chinese
Honda are Japanese and they make mopeds.
>>
File: peugeot_vogue_50_2t_blue3.jpg (108KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
peugeot_vogue_50_2t_blue3.jpg
108KB, 800x800px
>>1013381
Three examples from Europe
#1 Peugeot Vogue 50
>>
File: gtxblaurechts.jpg (402KB, 1204x915px) Image search: [Google]
gtxblaurechts.jpg
402KB, 1204x915px
>>1016344
#2 Pony GTX from Switzerland
>>
File: TOMOS_725x725_Classic_blue.png (525KB, 725x725px) Image search: [Google]
TOMOS_725x725_Classic_blue.png
525KB, 725x725px
>>1016345
And Tomos from Slovenia (they still are alive and kicking)
>>
I'd get an electric bike over these: no sound, no smell, more reliable, potentially more torque
>>
>>1010133
how many hours did it take to upload this?
>>
File: honda-ruckus-6.jpg (112KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
honda-ruckus-6.jpg
112KB, 1024x768px
>>1016346
>>1016345
>>1016344
Doesn't seem to be a viable option for me in the US, at least in my price/mechanical knowledge range.

Set in motion the steps to buy one of these babes instead.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.