[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steel Frok + Crabon Fram

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 3725406835_90391fbc39.jpg (33KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
3725406835_90391fbc39.jpg
33KB, 400x300px
Why do we have this backwards? Are we stupid?

Carbon frame saves weight and is comfy.

Steel fork prevents sudden-carbon-fork-death

Instead we do alumnium frame + carbon fork for maximum danger and death and discomfort

When will the cycling world WAKE UP
>>
Weeks on my ride,bitchhhh
>>
OP SHOULD WAKE UP INSTEAD

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/frame-materials.html
>>
>>1004821
>alumnium frame + carbon fork for maximum danger and death and discomfort
Stop making me scared of riding pls.
>>
Practically every road bike in the past 5 years has come with a carbon fork and you rarely hear of them breaking, aside from someone driving into a garage with the bike on the roof of a car.

The fork is also protected from impact during falls / dropping by the tires front to rear and the handlebars side to side.
>>
>>1004821
If you're paranoid about a carbon fork breaking (which doesn't happen unless it's defective, it's used inappropriately, or you're an idiot that damages it during installation) then wouldn't you be even more paranoid about a carbon frame? If the headtube decided to come off it'd be just as bad as a fork snapping and a break anywhere else is still going to be very bad.

Aluminium frames are lighter than steel whilst not being anywhere near as expensive as carbon ones, whilst carbon forks are lighter than aluminium ones and the price difference is relatively small as they're much simpler to manufacturer compared to frames.
>>
>>1004821

The steel fork is probably just going to snap the headtube off if shit goes wrong sooo. It's better to just not crash.
>>
>>1004821
Crab on what? A crab on a carbon bike with a steel frok! He has too many legs to pedal!
>>
>>1004958
You're right, we should go with steel frames and steel forks.
>>
>>1004821

Crabon frame, crabon fork, crabon wheels, crabon bar, crabon stem, crabon nachos...

I don't get your point.
>>
>>1004821
Fuck that
If you aren't rolling full Chromoly then you should stop riding
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.