[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it harder to learn to ride a bicycle or learn how to swim?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: 1473292655377.jpg (29KB, 500x538px) Image search: [Google]
1473292655377.jpg
29KB, 500x538px
Is it harder to learn to ride a bicycle or learn how to swim? I can barely remember learning either.
>>
File: 1464798477100.jpg (572KB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1464798477100.jpg
572KB, 1200x1500px
It took me 3 hours to get a bike rolling enough to enjoy it

It took me 1.5 years of learning how to swim to enjoy it

Make of that what you will
>>
>>1003671
I would imagine it depends largely on how much your inability to swim is caused by fear of drowning.
You fall off a bike, you're not gonna die, but even coughing on a bit of water can be fucking scary. Feels like you're gonna die.

As far as simple mechanics go, I think it's easier to learn how to doggy paddle from scratch than it is hopping on a two wheeled bike from the start. Balence is a hard thing to learn if you can't already do it.
>>
I think learning to swim without arm floats was a lot easier than learning to ride without training wheels - but like you say, it was so long ago that it's hard to remember.

On the other hand, I think getting better at swimming is harder than getting better at cycling - especially if you don't live on the coast or work on a ship. You can just casually bike around or commute to work and get better every day on a bike, but swimming requires straight-up training.
>>
>>1003671
>Is it harder to learn to ride a bicycle or learn how to swim? I can barely remember learning either.

I still don't know how to swim.
>>
>>1003671
>Is it harder to learn to ride a bicycle or learn how to swim? I can barely remember learning either.

Humanity has been swimming for thousands of years, while bicycles have only been around for one hundred years.

Point goes to swimming there.
>>
I learnt to swim at a far younger age than when I learnt to ride a bicycle. I don't remember how hard it was to learn.
I vastly prefer walking and swimming over cycling. I'd even rather do backstroke, my least favourite stroke, over cycling.
Also, anyone who can't do a 400 metre IM doesn't know how to swim.
>>
>depriving yourself from two additional ways to move through space
Think about it like this: if humans could fly but you had to learn how to, wouldn't you?
>>
File: 1473285677730.jpg (42KB, 480x336px) Image search: [Google]
1473285677730.jpg
42KB, 480x336px
>>1003688
>>
File: 11738-ssj_goku.jpg (43KB, 416x408px) Image search: [Google]
11738-ssj_goku.jpg
43KB, 416x408px
>>1003711
>>
>>1003671
Swimming is harder. I learned bicycle in one day. Swimming took a lot more.

Learned bike when I was 9 learned swim when I was 11
>>
>>1003846
Ive learned swimming in exactly 17 min
>>
>>1003688
[spoiler] I still don't know how to ride a bike, but I know how to swim. [/spoiler]
>>
It was harder for me to learn to bike, I never was really scared of water but I was scared more of falling on a hard ground.
>>
File: 1473417696549.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1473417696549.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Swimming is good if you don't want to drown but I'd certainly never swim as mode of transport.
>>
>>1003881
I almost swam as a mode of transport once, but the person who was to drive me to the body of water had a tantrum instead and I ended up unable to do so.
>>
swimming is easy

swimming fast is way the fuck harder than cycling fast tho
>>
>>1003688
>Why don't black Americans swim?
>>
>>1005161
There is nothing of value to steal underwater.
>>
>>1004056
>office is located on a river bank
>you can row to work

shit is cash tbfam
>>
>>1004062
This. On road or especially on trails nobody passes me. But when swimming its sometimes hard to keep up with old men.
>>
>>1005245
>being suspended in liquid that is touching your genitals and touching the genitals of old men

I'm kind of turned on anon
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.