[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best biking experience thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: hqdefault.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
Post your best biking experiences. Maybe you smashed out a century you'd been planning for months, or hit a jump that'd be scaring you, or whatever else.

>be me
>last few weeks
>autumn approaching Englel fast
>shorter days and cool wind
>finish my day of wage slaving
>jump on my mtb, stick my ipod on and ride to local trails
>Joe Rogan experience master race
>decide it's a special night, stick on a Duncan Trussel episode
>sun is setting, a gorgeous deep blue sky, and Joe and Duncan are discussing the meaning of life

Can't really get more profound than that homies.
>>
I don't ride for leisure at the moment really only a commuter, looking to change that.

I do have a place I go to that is about a 54km round trip where I usually listen to a podcast, I used to love listening to The Biggest Problem which is a comedy show.

When I ride my morning commute I love to listen to news/current affairs.
>>
The two weeks I rode on Majorca earlier this summer. First time I had accumulated vacation days, could take time off and had enough money to actually travel somewhere all on my own. Got a cheap room off Airbnb for two weeks, flights, and rented a nice bike for myself. Ended up riding 1250 km with 23 km of climbing during the two weeks with a few rest days.

I didn't know how much I needed a proper vacation before I landed in Palma and got myself on a bike.

>tfw you come back to work having lost 5 kg when others are complaining about the weight they gained.
>>
My best biking experience was when I witnessed a friend of mine fall asleep on a bicycle while riding downhill, crashing into a guardrail, cartwheeling over it and sliding down the hill.
>>1002761
>Majorca
Wtf is that really how you spell it?
>>
>>1002761

> Job interview in city. Don't know about bikes.
> Staying at female's apartment and running late
> No clean underwear
> Now wearing women's boyshorts
> Subway doesn't go far enough to make it to interview on time
> Jump on cruiser bike
> Take a benzo for nerves
> 3 miles of city riding
> covered in sweat
> Show up for interview dripping
> They lol that I rode a bike
> Benzos doing their job
> Ace interview high wearing womens underwear

Since then I understood the magic of bicycles and got heavily into them, especially touring rides and building bikes
>>
>>1002836
>ace interview high wearing womans underwear
I don't think it was the bike m80
>>
Does anyone ever shirk their life commitments when they get really stressed and just go out and ride for hours?

I got really stressed about university and went for a two hour ride.

Came back and felt so distressed.
>>
>>1003050
Yes I bike and drink beer in the park and watch internet videos to get out of the house sometimes.

I always show up to work though I don't blow stuff off.
>>
>>1002836
How does that conversation go?

Did you just tell this girl you don't have any underwear and she just volunteered them?
>>
File: BirdGirdHeader.jpg (203KB, 1000x469px) Image search: [Google]
BirdGirdHeader.jpg
203KB, 1000x469px
I was 13 years old and late to get home for spring baseball practice, and my dad was the assistant coach. Normally what would happen in this situation, as I lived in a small mountain town with one main road, is he would see me on the sidewalk, pull his truck over and I'd throw my bike in back and hop in - might take 45 seconds.

This time he drove right past, and at first I was pretty upset with myself for letting this happen, but then I realized - I'm on a bike, and the closest field not buried in snow is 20 miles away - I can still make it! So I turned around, rode another mile until I was at the rail tracks, and started toward the field. It took me nearly an hour and a half on my trusty baiku (an alu frame trek 3700, 3x7) up steep grades, down slippery slushy slopes, and through more than one avalanche runoff on a path I had never seen before, but I made it. Triumphantly fist pumping no handed as I passed my teammates who were pretty shocked to see me on my bike.

It was the most stunning ride of my life, the view over the water to the mountains from an extremely well preserved mountain bike path (seriously, it was paved and the gravel underneath was the only trace of damage to the forrest) is something I could never forget.

This image is from Google, but this is a small section of the path. I just wish I had time to take pictures on that ride. I will ride it again someday. Alaska is fucking awesome
>>
It's always a great experience when the weather is just perfect and the landscape looks nice. I especially enjoy this late summer and early autumn.

Anyway, as I don't own a road bike because lolpoorfag, it's always a great experience when some nice person lets me try riding one. I would really like to have a proper road bike to gotta go fast. But I don't see that coming anytime soon. No money, no time, no space to keep it.
>>
I'd never been to Avila beach before but my roommate said you work too hard anon, enjoy your summer while you can. I get up at 4 am, can't sleep, frustrated about other people and losing academic competition. Then I drink my coffee outside and it's just so beautiful in slo, the mountains are red and brown and the sunrise is foggy and gray, so I decide fuck it I'm going to the beach. Never been in the 4 years i lived here so far. Clip in my pedals, bike like crazy up hills downhills, redneck country, no bikelanes, cars honking but I don't give a fuck. Finally get there and I realize my right pedal has broken off its threads and I've been lifting and pushing it down with my clips, but it slides right out to the side. Crank is fucked but I don't care I drink a bunch of diet coke on Avila beach and old fisherman and homeless rv scum look at me like who the fuck on a Tuesday at 6am is out here. I can't fix my pedal and so I bike all the way back on just my left pedal strapped in for up and down. Left pedal grinds the threads and rips out too. I am exhausted and climb on the nearest bus home, was wonderful. 6 hours biking I think pure force of will.
>>
>>1003073

Yep
>>
>>1003050
>and felt so distressed

you felt worse, mate?
>>
Eryone,
>>
>>1006424
He Lives!
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.