[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you carry your bike lock /n/ ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: 71zHHO8h2YL._SL1500_.jpg (70KB, 689x1500px) Image search: [Google]
71zHHO8h2YL._SL1500_.jpg
70KB, 689x1500px
How do you carry your bike lock /n/ ?
>>
trunk bag
>>
Backpack.

I've got a cable lock and a D lock and both came with bike mounts that I used for a while but eventually it became easier to just carrying them in my backpack. Because I often ride my bike without needing to lock it up or use the backpack and the times when I do need to lock it up is when I need my backpack as well. So the locks just stay in the backpack now.
>>
>not mounting to handlebar so it can double as an aerobar.
>>
In the laptop pocket of my bag. If i also have my laptop with me then in the main pocket.
Sometimes i stick it in that weird bottomless pocket on the back of the bag, which i don't know what it's for but i assume it's specifically for u locks. It doesn't work that well.

If i don't have by bag i stick the lock in my belt.
>>
>>1002308
I don't even have a bike lock because I don't have the sort of bike you can carry a lock on anyway, and I'd be insane to leave it anywhere out of line-of-sight or otherwise locked up inside somewhere where it can't easily be stolen. I'd recommend the rest of you follow suit and not leave any bike you care about 'locked up' with things like this. Take you bike inside somewhere or just don't ride to places you can't.
>>
>>1002314
This. Didn't buy a light ass bike to carry around a heavy ass u-lock on the frame.
>>
In the car. I only use it as a little extra deterrent when I'm parking somewhere with it on the roof rack.
>>
File: TiGr-Mini-Lock-3-LumberJac.jpg (64KB, 980x670px) Image search: [Google]
TiGr-Mini-Lock-3-LumberJac.jpg
64KB, 980x670px
>>1002339
lel

I keep a mini-U in my bag. I would like to go out sometimes without a backpack, but I hate putting it in my belt, or worse, putting it on the frame where it rattles like crazy.

I'd like to get something like pic related, because it looks light and secure enough that it wouldn't rattle, but at the same time don't want to be the guy who paid >$100 for a dorky looking piece of shit.
>>
>>1002492
I know all locks are deterrents more than anything else but I'd be more concerned about it being an ineffective piece of shit before being a dorky one.
>>
>>1002494
Read the independent reviews, you'll see it's at least on par with normal U-locks. Can be cut, but with significant effort and time.
>>
>>1002498
Fair enough. I was just worried about it from the looks but that's reassuring.
>>
On the stem.
>>
Wrapped around my headtube.

4chan working yet?
>>
Tried mounting the holder on the frame, it and the lock literally would not fit anywhere in the triangle. I just carry it and my backtire cable in my backpack.
>>
>>1002736
>>1002713
RATTLERATTLERATTLERATTLE
>>
>>1002770
_Tightly_ wrapped.
>>
It's Spring here in Australia so I carry my D-lock in my hand to swat magpies.
>>
>>1002308
>How do you carry your bike lock /n/ ?

I did mount it on the seatpost, but the wheel wore it down. Duck taped it, and now keep in a trunk bag.
>>
>>1002799
Wait what?
The wheel wore down your lock? You DUCT TAPED your lock? Wtf?
>>
>>1002806
>The wheel wore down your lock? You DUCT TAPED your lock? Wtf?

Well, I had the mounting on the seatpost, but I couldn't fit it in the front triangle with the water bottle cage. So I tried placing it within the back triangle, angled between the wheel and the pedals.

Didn't work, I think the mounting must have slipped until the wheel and the lock touched, where motion on the wheel in motion probably dug into the lock to the metal core. Duct tape couldn't prevent it, but it does cover up the damage, so I just leave it be for now.
>>
File: worf2.jpg (36KB, 450x390px)
worf2.jpg
36KB, 450x390px
>>1002809
what the fuck am I reading hahaha
>>
>>1002308
Over the handle bars.
>>
>>1002831

Handlebarcoil master race.
>>
>>1002770
It's great because half the time yelling at people doesn't work. If they don't hear me yelling and the rattling then they have earned a close up. Maybe next time they will pay fucking attention to the trail.
>>
File: it just works.jpg (99KB, 999x564px)
it just works.jpg
99KB, 999x564px
>>
>>1003727
bretty obvious solution here. though doesnt work with low clearances
>>
>>1002831
>>1003727

>>1002770
>>
File: xxxxx.jpg (206KB, 960x820px)
xxxxx.jpg
206KB, 960x820px
>>1003751
>>1002770
>>
In a pannier
>>
>>1003727
>deliberately scratching your frame
>>
>>1003727
I would but cables are on the top of my frame.
>>
In my bag of course

http://www.bogear.com.au/packs/messenger-bags/sindrome-messenger-bag
>>
>>1003727
Disgusting casual
>>
File: new york standard.jpg (161KB, 608x720px)
new york standard.jpg
161KB, 608x720px
>>1002308

Backpack

I've got one of these heavy ass fuckers. I tried having it on the frame and it was shitty.

I also have a Kryptonite Mini orange one, but I lost the key. Otherwise I'd carry that one around.
>>
>>1004014
I just keep mine on the stem.

>inb4 rattle
>inb4 muh scratched frame
>inb4 inb4
>>
>>1004016

Well personally I would rather not have those problems.

If I'm commuting, or riding for a long time, or staying a friend's house, I will definitely put the lock in a backpack.

Only if I'm going out to a party do I ditch the backpack and carry the lock some other way.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.