[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Singapore beat us to self driving cabs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (123KB, 650x385px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123KB, 650x385px
You have to admit here in the USA we've been so busy trying to stop and shit on this technology for some time now. Singapore though just went along with it even got government money to start it up. Why is it that in the USA and where I'm from California is now the laughing stock of the world when it comes to building the next revolutions. I don't understand this frightening fear Americans have over driving jobs being lost either. Most jobs have been lost to time. There used to be a guy at an auto factory that would literally install door handles then his job was taken by machines. The world is changing and if we don't do something about this then the Chinese and Indians will.
http://www.asianscientist.com/2016/08/tech/nutonomy-sg-trial-driverless-car/
>>
>>1001142
Fuck you. Most Asian countries don't seem to value human life very much compared to Western countries (they crank out babies like it's from a factory, wonder why they don't value people, LOL) so of course they DGAF anywhere near as much about whether it's actually safe or not. It fucks up and runs into a crowd of people and kills them all? No problem, shoot the programmer in the head and say "LOL, sorry about your dead family members, tough shit, go make more!" and move on. But go right ahead, go to Singapore and get into one of those deathtraps, be sure to post livestream of your violent death. You 'autonomous car' fags are pathetic.
>>
File: Car_crash_2.jpg (114KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Car_crash_2.jpg
114KB, 800x600px
In the US cagers kill 100 people every day. Worse then every other kinds of terrorists. We better switch to autonomous cars soon. And public transport and bikes.
>>
>>1001142

Self driving cars are fine when you got perpetual traffic jams with 2mph average speeds.

Crowded cities with cars going 60+mph and 90+mph highways are a different story.
>>
>>1001314
robots have faster reaction times than humans, never get tired, never text and drive, never road rage... there is literally no way a robot isn't superior to a human driver at any given speed and condition.
>>
>>1001314
I'll rather be on a road next to a car that's being driven by a robot than middle aged soccer mom coming home from a wine tasting night while reading facebook.
>>
>>1001322
>>1001323

Tell that to the people that have already died in Tesla autopilot crashes.

If something as advanced as a plane still needs human control then cars definitely still do too. I'm not trusting my life to a made in China $20 PCB.

It will happen eventually but no for at least 10 years. We've still got along ways to go.
>>
>>1001169
The irony of this post.
>>
>>1001323
Are you from colorado?
>>
>>1001142
Cages are still inefficient and take up too much space.
>>
>>1001359
>Tell that to the people that have already died in Tesla autopilot crashes.

I don't doubt you but I would looooove to see sauce on this
>>
>>1001440

Someone died three months ago (late May) in the States and it wasn't revealed until a month or so later

http://spectrum.ieee.org/cars-that-think/transportation/self-driving/fatal-tesla-autopilot-crash-reminds-us-that-robots-arent-perfect

http://spectrum.ieee.org/cars-that-think/transportation/self-driving/tesla-autopilot-crash-why-we-should-worry-about-a-single-death
>>
>>1001142
Self-driving and driverless aren't the same thing. People need to get than through their fucking heads.
>>
>>1001446
>>1001359
Tesla's autopilot isn't real autopilot and it was never meant to be used as a driverless system. It's an assistant system that is awfully named.

Besides modern planes can fly completely automated. Including take off and landing. The reason we don't fly in planes without pilots is that people think human pilots are somehow better than a computer.

>>1001417
No
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.