[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Caliper Brakes aren't dead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: EECycleWorks.jpg (391KB, 1200x824px) Image search: [Google]
EECycleWorks.jpg
391KB, 1200x824px
Cane Creek just bought EE Cycleworks

Makers of the lightest, most awesome caliper brake on the market

Stay mad, disc jockey trend hoppers

http://blog.fairwheelbikes.com/2016/08/26/ee-cycleworks-merges-cane-creek/
>>
File: ee3.jpg (65KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
ee3.jpg
65KB, 800x533px
My hydro dick BB7 Sypder lol get fu**ed

This is engineering at its finest. No gimmicks.

> 169 grams per set
169 grams per set
> 169 grams per set
169 grams per set
> 169 grams per set
>>
File: timthumb.jpg (17KB, 300x422px) Image search: [Google]
timthumb.jpg
17KB, 300x422px
312g PER SET

lol

lol

"muh rain"
>>
File: 1315351797804.jpg (63KB, 363x494px) Image search: [Google]
1315351797804.jpg
63KB, 363x494px
>get caliper brakes
>40mm gravel tires
>having to deflate everytime to install wheel
>>
>>1000656
>wat is release
>wat is barrel adjuster
>>
>>1000669
>wat is completely irrelevant
>wat is no issues with disc brakes at all
>wat is just werks
>>
>>1000669
>I'm a fair weather Sunday cyclist with one wheelset
Caliper brakes are a pain in the ass with wheelchanges. Especially if you've got both carbon and alu wheelsets because you've gotta change the pads also. With discs, especially decent hydro ones it's just take wheel off, put new wheel in and it's ready to ride again.
>>
Op is mad that his obsolete bike isn't able to sell for much on Craigslist anymore

;_;

Get a job and you can have a nice modern bike too
>>
>>1000669
>release
>barely able to clear a 28mm tire
>having to fuck around with barrel adjuster everytime you change a flat
>>
>>1000670
Oh, so you're a dick brake imagining imaginary problems with calipers, but you haven't actually seen one in your whole life. Allow me to laugh at your sad little life.
>>
>>1000675
It's easier for me to just let some air out
>>
>>1000673
lol, so you only ride in rain with disc brakes and wider wheels?

also you forgot adjusting your pads everytime you change wheels with discs

I own both and when raining your mayor concern ain't stopping power but wheel traction.
>>
>>1000675
How about you fasten the wheel first and inflate second if you have a flat, you herpaderp?
>>
>>1000678
>>1000682
>install wheel
>pump tires with air
>realize there is still a leak
>go through the entire process again fucking around with the brakes
>>
>>1000673
If you have the exact same hubs. If you don't you need to realign the caliper, so not likely easier m80. Also, not many people switch between carbon and alu braketracks, and the few who do can easily switch pads for the few races they do. Or have their mechanic do it. Or, like sane people, buy carbon rims with allow tracks. I'm willing to bet a pickled herring that you're a neet who don't own multiple wheelsets but are just role playing on the Internet.
For all practical purposes calipers make wheel changes easier. See a bike race once, would you.
>>
>>1000684
>entire process
It's a tiny lever you moron. Undoing the quick release is ten times as much work as opening a caliper. Also, learn to fix flats.
>>
DISCLETS RAGE ITT
>>
>>1000676
Jokes on you I have 200mm discs on my mtb, but it's nice you could laugh at your own poverty lmao.
>>
>>1000638
Wew this is dope to know. Thx for posting anon
>>
>>1000638
Looks cool
>>
>>1000638
>>1000640
KCNC CB1s are lighter, and there are things like AX which are even lighter.
>>
>wanting extra material on the worst place possible (the edge of the rim)

>wanting shitty braking performance on carbon rims

>wanting the structural integrity of your rims compromised whenever you use the brakes

Fuck rim brakes. Only trains use rim brakes these days. Enjoy your 200 year old technology.
>>
...I like drum brakes. I'm partial to roller brakes. Coaster brakes are fine. Especially since all three can be found on various internally-geared hubs, most of which can be easily kept lubricated with a heavy gear oil without any further maintenance. Maybe just pop open gearing once in a while to make sure the lube is doing iss thang.

P. effortless yo.

[DISCLAIMER: AN IGH CAN ONLY RARELY MATCH THE GEARING RANGE OF A CLUSTER+CHAINRINGS. THEY MAY WEIGH SLIGHTLY MORE THAN CLUSTER+DERAILERS+XTRA CHAINRINGS. SOME IGH MAKE WHEEL CHANGES EASY, SOME DON'T; LEARN THE DIFFERENCE. THE MORE YOU KNOW ~~~~~~*]
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.