[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Childhood is thinking 1 is their best album. Adolescence is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0385.jpg (417KB, 856x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0385.jpg
417KB, 856x1280px
Childhood is thinking 1 is their best album.

Adolescence is thinking their later period is the best because its so le wacky and experimental.

Adulthood is realising 65-66 was their golden era but also the pre Rubber Soul is better than post Rubber Soul.

Discuss.
>>
>>75194117
Adulthood is realising that John and Paul were a couple.
>>
>>75194117
Adulthood is realizing Abbey Road is their best
>>
File: john no.gif (489KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
john no.gif
489KB, 500x300px
>>75194348
>Abbey Road is their best
>not Revolver
>>
>>75194370
No shit
>>
>>75194348
Adulthood is realising that they left the best songs available off the album. Paul didn't want to waste his best stuff now he knew the band was over, John was blocked by Paul from including his best new song, Cold Turkey, and George would never be allowed to make the other two look uninspired, so apart from Somewhere only the comparitively slight Here Comes the Sun got on. Imagine if they'd done All Things Must Pass or Beware of Darkness. Imagine if Paul had given them Maybe I'm Amazed.

But on the other hand, adulthood is also realising that the Abbey Road medley was Paul being kind to John.
>>
>>75194117
True wisdom and maturity is realizing that 1 really is their best album.
>>
>>75194452
Something, not Somewhere, sorry.
>>
>>75194452
Sun King is the best song on the entire album
>>
>>75194348
*worst desu
>>
>>75194517
T. Idiot
>>
only post on the beatles since 2013 i've seen here that hasn't made me wince
good on you for figuring it out OP
>>
>>75194292
This
>>
>>75194496
It's nice, but it's barely a song. John had been so junk-sick that he could hardly write - the Get Back tapes show lots of these scuzzy squibs by him that are just loping riffs and nonsense lyrics that peter out after a minute. They all have an absolutely ugly, contemptuous energy about them which was refined out on the journey to recording a few of them as Lennon's contribution to the medley. Sun King is that, plus a near-plagiarism of Fleetwood Mac's Albatross. What the fuck is Carry That Weight? The end of their relationship within the context of the Beatles is Paul's incredibly kind gesture of letting Lennon put that bullshit over the end of Golden Slumbers so he could feel like he was contributing.

Come Together is just a garbling of You Can't Catch Me saved from plagiarism by Paul and George. Because is legit, but there isn't much of it, as a song, and the music is arguably co-written by Yoko Ono and Beethoven.

Which makes it more frustrating that with Cold Turkey ready to be included, Paul vetoed it. That song was the best thing he'd written in a year.

Abbey Road is the only Beatles album where the production is too good for the material.
>>
>>75194613
>Abbey Road is the only Beatles album where the production is too good for the material.
that's why it's their best, thanks for explaining
>>
>>75194713
Why would weak material and gleaming production be a good thing?
>>
>>75194779
its not weak you're just stupid
>>
>>75194805
Be serious, please.
>>
>>75194826
I've never been more serious in my damn life. I'm gonna rape you...
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.