[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bob Dylan at Budokan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Why do people hate it?
>>
>>75192921
It's a live document of a disliked era. Not by me, but bear in mind that a good chunk of Dylan's listeners are sixties dipshits who feel an ego investment in the notion of his authenticity, a notion he has devoted careful and painstaking effort to destroying in every decade of his career, but which still crops up even now. Doing showbiz arrangements of his old songs bothered these people.

Also, it came out at a time when there was a huge amount of racism in the West about Japanese rock audiences. Doing a live album in Japan was seen as an intrinsically anti-soul, corporate move.
>>
>>75193222
So it wasnt really about the songs themselves?

I kinda liked the album.

https://vimeo.com/181178229
>>
>>75193308
All the songs had already been released on studio albums. If you mean the arrangements, I think the objection was on bullshit symbolic rather than artistic grounds, yes.
>>
People thought Dylan was selling out to hard rock stadium music and were angry with him.
>>
>>75192921
is he wearing make up in that photo because of the whole 70s glam era, or is that just the quality of the photo?
this is important.
>>
File: dylan.jpg (18KB, 400x392px) Image search: [Google]
dylan.jpg
18KB, 400x392px
>>75193554
he used to wear eyeliner for some reason
>>
File: 1447218975338.jpg (3MB, 10000x10000px) Image search: [Google]
1447218975338.jpg
3MB, 10000x10000px
>>
>>75193554
During the Rolling Thunder tour reacted to glam late by wearing eye makeup and sometimes white mime makeup. Mick Ronson was in his band at the time. This look follows on from that.
>>
Must suck to be Dylan, everytime he does something new with his sound everyone screams he's a sell-out traitor to folk music and literally the devil himself.
>>
>>75193723
I think he does it on purpose specifically to troll those people.
>is hailed as a protest folk god
>goes electric
>is hailed as a rock god
>goes country
>is hailed as a country god
>goes christian rock
>everyone hates his christian rock phase
>keeps doing it anyway
>returns to his folk rock sound, gets more praise
>goes traditional pop
>gets a nobel prize
>recites sparknotes in front of the committee
>>
>>75193807
>is hailed as a country god

What album/s?
>>
>>75193827
Nashville Skyline era
>>
>>75193807
>>everyone hates his christian rock phase

I think people are coming around to that stuff now. I hope they are.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.