[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT we discuss Flower Boy. Tyler obviously created something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

ITT we discuss Flower Boy.

Tyler obviously created something insanely special here. It feels years ahead of its time. It's redeeming, honest, enjoyable, and the sound collage was masterfully picked. Cannot stop listening/10
>>
>>75192384
6/10 at best
>>
>>75192384
I honestly enjoyed Cherry Bomb more.
Asap Rocky ruins everything he touches.
>>
I like 911/mr lonely and who dat boy to a far lesser extent but yeah it's pretty good.
It unironically got me into hip hop.
>>
>>75192384
DUDE I'M GAY LMAO
>>
>>75192384
It's the MBDTF of 2017. I dare you to name a more quotable album that came out this year.
>>
>>75192479
pure comedy
>>
>>75192479
Saturation
>>
It's a 7/10 at best. The sound and lyrics are great, but there's too many slow moments and an overabundance of guest singers.
>>
>>75192447
OP here,

Glitter, November, Boredom, Sometimes are all great melodies too.

Soundwise: the reverb guitar, and the Frank Ocean vocals, the track flow all work well. It feels part of this highly contemporary Blonde sound that's going in a fresh direction. Kendrick's Damn, while you're in the hands of a master does feel tired and well-traversed.

Idk I've gotten more with repeated listens. I've been a /mu/tant for many years and this album really sticks out for me. my aoty. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
I've listened to See You Again basically every day since the album came out

name a more quotable line than "I wonder if you look both ways when you cross my mind"
>>
>>75192858
so good
>>
>>75192858
kendrick did it first lol
>>
Such a great album. Easily AOTY for me tbqh
>>
>>75192509
>Rent-A-Center calling erryday
>Nobody home, they knocking on the door
>Now I skrrt, skrrt, skrrt, skrrt
>In toys I only dreamed that I could afford

>the lyrics are great
>>
>>75192858
Favorite line on the album desu
>>
>>75193852
different context obviously and no kendrick is not the first person to say that line
>>
>>75192384
>Tyler obviously created something insanely special here. It feels years ahead of its time. It's redeeming, honest, enjoyable, and the sound collage was masterfully picked. Cannot stop listening/10

This would apply had you posted Cherry Bomb.
>>
What's with everyone's love with "Sometimes..."?
It's just an interlude
>>
>>75192384
>years ahead of its time
how exactly?
>>
This is just FL Studios-tier pop instead of FL Studios-tier edgy rap. Props on Tyler for evolving so much but let's not act like he's doing anything revolutionary or groundbreaking here when it comes to the instrumentation/atmosphere/etc. It's literally entry-level production techniques
>>
>>75192858
Kendrick and Katreada did it first
>>
File: OMEGALUL.jpg (67KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
OMEGALUL.jpg
67KB, 800x800px
>tyler the creator
>>
>>75192432
> Asap Rocky ruins everything he touches.
Unless he's with Carti
https://youtu.be/fApnRYRdgME
>>
>>75192384
sounds like its from 2012 but k
>>
>>75196804
Carti sounds like he is autistic, mumbling all the fucking time with no fucking sense
>>
>>75192420
>t. hasn't listened to the album or doesn't enjoy hip-hop
>>
theres absolutely nothing breakthrough about this album

Big Fish Theory on the other hand,
>>
>>75192384
AOTY hands down
>>
See You Again is his best song
>>
I love it all. Im Not huge on who dat boy but that's just me.

Fucking fantastic album, seriously did a great job on the soundboard.
>>
>>75194097
i unironically love this
>>
>>75196804
He fucking murders that track, I wish he was like that consistently. Live Love A$AP is great though.
>>75193852
>>75196158
Busdriver did it before both of them.
>>
>>75198332
this. I like the direction Tyler took though, I'm excited to see what he does next.
>>
>>75198301
how is 6/10 a bad score?
nothing about this album is great or bad. if anything ppl who like this mess only listen to mainstream hip hop.
>>
>>75192858
I need an album composed entierly of Tyler the Creator and Kali Uchis duo
>>
Decide to give it a fair chance
*press play*
>"BITCH FUCK"
*turn off*
>>
>>75195545
it aint he just dickriding
>>
>>75192384
It's a great album, probably aoty and one of the contenders for aotd. It's a modern pop classic. It's just beautiful.
>>
>>75192384
Really good. Tyler finally made an album that's worth his talent.
>>
File: bottomlessscumfuck.jpg (77KB, 507x514px) Image search: [Google]
bottomlessscumfuck.jpg
77KB, 507x514px
>>75201017
lmao

It's really good, I was already a Tyler fan before it but it really knocked my expectations. Damn, I should listen to it again. Have a picture of Bottomless pit merged with the album cover I made in Dreamscope
>>
>>75198332
>Big Fish Theory
It was okay I thought Summertime 06 was better
>>
tyler is trash
>>
ugh stop overhyping shit dude. MBDTF isn't even worth the hype. GOOD ALBUMS, but fuck, it isn't groundbreaking, it's just good and very well done.
>>
>>75193852
You mean George Clinton?
>>
>>75203887
He took more risks, not all of which landed, but it was far more interesting than Summertime 06
>>
>>75204433
I thought the story and presentation was much better but I agree that the risks were interesting
>>
>>75200203
I listened to Who Dat Boy so many times before the album dropped that I think it ruined it in the context of the album.
It breaks the flow for me and I don't know if that would've happened if I hadn't heard it before
>>
>>75204349
The fucks your problem. Some people like the album more than you. Let them use their words.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.