[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck does he put out a 10/10 classic as a debut, then

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

How the fuck does he put out a 10/10 classic as a debut, then do literally fuck all for the rest of his career, essentially coasting on the celebrity of his celebrity? Is Snoop the biggest meme in music history ? He's still famous as shit today even though his one good record was 25 years ago.
>>
File: 1556394.jpg (17KB, 296x300px) Image search: [Google]
1556394.jpg
17KB, 296x300px
>>75189199
Some peak at their first.
>>
snoop ordered the hit on tupac
>>
>>75189199
managing to stay relevant through stuff like drop it like it's hot, pop features, and building his image around dude weed
>>
>>75189214
I find this is especially true in hip-hop. Thing is, your first record is your entire life (up to that point) in the making. All the most exciting and impressive things you had to say are usually said then and there. The most impressive acts are the ones that top themselves as their careers go on (Kanye, Kendrick, Doom, OutKast)

Other acts where the first album is heads-and-shoulders the best:
Jay-Z
Nas
Dr. Dre
Biggie
Redman
>>
>>75189263
>Reasonable Doubt
>Best Jay-Z album
You act like The Black Album doesn't exist
>>
>>75189291
Jay-Z has a good discography, but Reasonable Doubt is easily his best album and one of the best hip-hop albums period. Black Album isn't even as good as the Blueprint anyway.
>>
He doesn't need to do shit, just make appearances on other people's albums and live off being one of the richest rappers of all time.
>>
>>75189199
I'd rather talk about how retarded this album cover is
>>
>>75189326
>Black Album isn't even as good as the Blueprint anyway.
The Black Album's worst song is Justify My Thug
The Blueprint's worst song is Girls Girls Girls
>>
>>75189369
Really? I find it hilarious
>>75189375
Okay? I hope you understand there's more than one song on an album.
>>
Didn't he help write a lot of shit on The Chronic/2001 and all west coast music between the years of 1992-1995? DATS ALOTTA CLOUT
>>
>>75189462
2001 was pretty dope, I'll give you that
>>
>>75189402
>I hope you understand there's more than one song on an album.
The Black Album's best songs were December 4th, 99 Problems, Change Clothes, What More Can I Say, Moment of Clarity, and Lucifer
The Blueprint's best songs were Takeover, Heart of the City, Never Change, and Song Cry
I think I've said enough
>>
he's a legitimately cool dude and he sells everybody in the celebrity circles weed
>>
>>75189507
Ok, I like the Blueprint more, you like Black Album more. That's about as far as this discussion is ever going to go.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.