[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Low

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: cover.jpg (2MB, 1200x1190px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
2MB, 1200x1190px
I need more like this.

I already listened to "Heroes", it's pretty amazing too, but don't have the same feel on rhythm and synthesizers.

The textures sound very cheesy, but the musicians deal with the instruments so skillfully that it all sounds very cool, probably the Krautrock approach on the "pop" music.
>>
You're gay.
>>
>>75181761
And?
>>
>>75181776
There's absolutely nothing wrong it. Carry on sailor.
>>
It wouldn't be special if there was anything else that sounded like it.
>>
Some of it's main influences are Cluster and Harmonia, though they don't really sound similar.
>>
>>75181729
John Cales Fear, Roxy Music contemporaneous releases, Another Green World by Eno. Its not THAT unique anon you're just showing how little you know
>>
>>75182076
Do you really need to pretend you're an asshole?
>>
>>75181910
I never listened to Harmonia, what do you recommend?
>>
>>75181729
What a great album. His third best.
>>
>>75181729
Theres no other bowie work like this. Closest you get is iggy pops the idiot which is essentially a bowie produced and co-written album that precursored low and though has some of lows sparseness, is far darker thematically and more grounded in black r&b music though mass production is quitre krautrocky as the closer. Station to station is one that bowie has publically said is something of a companion to low but maybe more in lyrical subject matter. First track has some very krautorck aspects though. Other than that, i'd say the pop songs in lodger do have a sparsity that in some sense matches the low songs but they are far more colourful, lyrically and thematically and more instrumentally diverse while also very being experimental in its own subtle ways. All these are good albums.
>>
>>75181729
there isn't much like it but listen to scary monsters if you want more Art pop bowie
>>
>>75182208
Musik von Harmonia
Deluxe

I like deluxe especially
>>
>>75182076
Oh forgot about wno. Dont know cales hing but roxy sounds nohing like low
>>
>>75182250
I like these albums, The Idiot have a sense of goth that no one had at that time and I really appreciate it.
>>
>>75182267
Scary monsters is far to muscular and hard for low. More similar to the upbeat songs on heroes.
>>
>>75182267
I'll go check it out
>>
>>75182282
Thank you anon
>>
>>75182403
Another green world. Closest thing in the world to low just realised.
>>
>"pop"
No, it's just pop music. Nothing special about it. Creative, sure, but what Bowie really did was turn krautrock into schlager.
>>
>>75183127
Its a unique sound nugget
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.