[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions on Marc Bolan and T.Rex?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

Opinions on Marc Bolan and T.Rex?
>>
I actually had a decent t rex phase when i was younger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX24L7toKzY
>>
the most gloriously retarded lyrics ever
>>
My favorite 70s artist and pop artist ever, I'm obsessed. I even love the early psych-folk shit with the mind-bogglingly stupid lyrics.
>>
I fucking love T. Rex.
>>
T. Rex is fucking awesome and Marc Bolan was a way better musician and songwriter than most people realize. There's a reason prettty much every influential musician around in the early 70s thought he was a genius. His lyrics might have been awful, but the dude could put together a good rock song; it's a shame most Americans seem to regard T. Rex as a one-hit wonder novelty band.
>>
>>75180918
I don't know why we basically rejected Bolan, it was clear he had what it took to be a global superstar.
We have a tendancy not to embrace actually good UK rock.
>>
>>75180858
>>75180918
His lyrics are great. Best kind of lyrics to have in a song.
>>
>>75180976
Some of them are so goofy it's endearing.

One day she came like a seagull woman
One day she came
One day she came like a seagull woman
One day she came
One Day

One day we change from children into people
One day we change
One day she went like a seagull woman
>>
>>75180985
Exactly, I absolutely love that kind of song writing. It's so much more interesting than lyrics that make sense.
>>
Marc told Tony Visconti that you could only truly 'get' his lyrics if you've read Lord of the Rings
>>
>>75181011
>Bolan was obsessed with Lord of the Rings, but he was dyslexic and had never read it. Lying in bed together, June read the three volumes out loud to Bolan - 'and The Hobbit too,' says Tony Visconti. 'She filled in all the pieces that were missing in his life.' June became his lover, chauffeur, minder, mentor, and eventually, his wife.
I love this man.
>>
>crashed a Mini into a tree

Possibly the lamest rock and roll death ever
>>
>>75181053
He predicted it
>>
>>75181053
He wasn't even the driver.
>>
>>75181053
His former bandmates is just bizarre.
>The day prior to his death, Took purchased morphine and hallucinogenic mushrooms for himself and Billiet, and the evening before Took died, they both injected themselves with the morphine.[21] Took's death certificate records the cause of death as being asphyxiation after inhaling a cocktail cherry. Drugs were not listed as a contributory factor,[23] even though Took's death is often listed as a "drugs misadventure".[24]
>>
>20th Century Boy
>"Haha dude it's called 21st Century Digital Boy but yeah Bad Religion is fucking sick bro."
>>
>>75180918
>a way better musician and songwriter than most people realize
This.
He's actually a fantastic guitar player. Could play Chuck Berry licks better than any other white guitarist, always has a perfect tone for the song, his solos are always perfectly tasteful, each note is right.
Bizarrely the only musician I've heard rate him is John Lydon
>>
>>75181110
>choked on a cherry

Ok I take it back, THAT'S the lamest rock and roll death
>>
>>75181233
A new challenger approaches!
>It was widely reported that Ace killed himself playing Russian roulette.[4][5][6] However, Big Mama Thornton's bass player, Curtis Tillman, who witnessed the event, said, "I will tell you exactly what happened! Johnny Ace had been drinking and he had this little pistol he was waving around the table and someone said ‘Be careful with that thing…’ and he said ‘It’s okay! Gun’s not loaded… see?’ and pointed it at himself with a smile on his face and ‘Bang!’ — sad, sad thing. Big Mama ran out of the dressing room yelling ‘Johnny Ace just killed himself!'"[7]
>>
>>75181253
While that was fucking stupid, blowing your head off with a gun is still cooler than choking on a cherry
>>
Electric Warrior or The Slider?
>>
File: Bolan Crash.jpg (172KB, 1024x673px) Image search: [Google]
Bolan Crash.jpg
172KB, 1024x673px
>>75181053
It would be if it wasn't the spoopiest death in rock
>In the lyrics to the song Easy Action he sings:
>“life is the same as it always will be,
>Easy as picking foxes from a tree."
You can look up more about it as well
>>
>>75181582
>>75181063
So he happened to mention trees in a song? That hardly counts as a spooky premonition, come on now
>>
>>75181783
Wait I only just noticed the number plate, guess that is a little spoopy
>>
>>75181783
He was warned about idolizing James Dean as he might also die in a Porsche crash. He said "i'm a small man, i'd like to die in a mini"
>>
>>75181807
It gets spoopier:
>In the lyrics of Celebrate Summer he sings
>"Summer in Heaven in '77"
>Bolan died in the late summer of '77
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.