[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mu/ confessions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: fat turn.gif (246KB, 212x199px) Image search: [Google]
fat turn.gif
246KB, 212x199px
>*secretly listens to Matt & Kim*
nothin' personnel, kid
>>
blablalballba in the dayliiiiiight
>>
I fucking love emo
>>
I still bump Bloc Party and TV on the Radio like it's 2008
>>
I listen to 90% of my music through laptop speakers.
>>
I love shitty indie pop bands.

Arctic Monkeys, Bombay Bicycle Club, Funeral Suits, San Cisco, Frightened Rabbit, Holychild, Two Door Cinema Clubs, Tokyo Police Club, etc etc. Love them.

Also I browse reddit. Mostly r/indieheads, which is basically /mu/ without all the shitposting
>>
I dance to some trap songs
>>
I fucked Bjork and Taylor
>>
>>75179301
idk if you're joking or not but I actually had sex with Jamie Stewart.
he's a good lay and actually super easy. all you really have to do is talk to him. 9/10 do recommend
>>
File: 1505507146029.webm (1MB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1505507146029.webm
1MB, 1080x1080px
limp bizkit is the last true rock band and better than any proge or alt/post rock that /mu/ fellates (radiohead, swans, GY!BE, the list goes on)
>>
>>75179386
...how is Limp Bizkit better than Swans?
Limp Bizkit of all bands?
>>
>>75179512
actual instrumental prowess
can write a song instead of strumming one note for 20 minutes
fred durst has a better range than michael gira
sounds good
>>
>>75179573
I don't know what to say to that.
>>
>>75179573
i don't even think i have the vocabulary to describe how this one little post makes me feel

you're entitled to your own opinion, i guess
>>
>>75179629
it's an opinion rooted in the objective fact that wes borland has more talent than every past or current swans member put together

i like swans but they're more background noise than music
>>
File: (you) card.jpg (25KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
(you) card.jpg
25KB, 852x480px
>>75179651
You're really good at this.
Here you go.
>>
>>75179347
he probably has aids
>>
>>75179693
just because i'm posting it to stir up controversy doesn't make it any less true or any less representative of my actual opinion. you cannot argue with anything i have said because you know i'm right and that makes you question your integrity.
>>
>>75179386
>>75179573

Fred Durst sounds like shit, especially when he's rapping. That being said LB is pretty fun and the music on their first three albums is great. I always wondered what they could have done with a better vocalist.

That being said, calling them (or anyone) the "last true rock band" is fucking stupid and makes no sense. I will admit that Nu-Metal was probably the last Rock music sub-genre/movement that actually moved the Rock genre forward instead of just completely re-hashing the past or stealing older bands sounds entirely.
>>
>>75179731
You're actually going to make me write a full response, aren't you?
Fine.

>you know I'm right
actually, I think you know you're wrong. the main reasons you listed for Limp Bizkit being better than Swans have to do with technical skill.

>actual instrumental prowess
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-el-CuV1Je8

>can write a song instead of strumming one note for 20 minutes
Complexity isn't everything, anon. Sure, Swans' music can be a bit repetitive at times but Swans is one of those bands that tends to focus more on building an almost palpable atmosphere with their music rather than just showing you what they learned at guitar camp.
Swans, especially in their later work, tends to not only repeat the same sequence of notes for long periods of time, but uses that repetition to build tension to insane points and then follow up with a beautiful, noisy crescendo that really makes the repetition worth it. this can be seen in almost every song on To Be Kind, for example, A Little God in My Hands.

>fred durst has a better range than michael gira
Too bad he uses his 'beautiful' voice to write shitty songs like Breaking Stuff. Again, it's not always about complexity.
The fact that Fred Durst can do cool stuff with his vocal chords means nothing if he doesn't use it for writing better songs.
But it doesn't matter because your posts were deliberately engineered to get a negative response, weren't they?
>>
>>75179902
the worst part of this post is you use "to be kind" as a case for swans being good when it is by far the worst post-reunion album
>>
>>75179902
Not him, but I know your opinion can't be taken seriously since you probably haven't ever actually listened to Limp Bizkit beyond what you heard way back in the day or the occasionaly single you stumbled upon over the years.

Also, cherry picking a video of the lead singer doing a shitty improvised song with a joke guitar solo to "prove" the band lacked instrumental prowess makes you look like an asshole. Good job scraping the bottom of the barrel dickhead.

That being said I love Swans and would take them any day over LB.
>>
>>75179172
fuck yeah dude their early stuff aged pretty well
>>
>>75179187
Only unforgivable thusfar. Save up you literal retard. You will tonguebathe your own asshole the day you decide to stop sucking and get a nice pair of cans. It's an achievable goal for anyone.
>>
>>75179931
>Also, cherry picking a video of the lead singer doing a shitty improvised song with a joke guitar solo to "prove" the band lacked instrumental prowess makes you look like an asshole. Good job scraping the bottom of the barrel dickhead.
Alright, you got me. That wasn't the best argument. I'm not a lawyer.
Still, it doesn't really matter how good the band is at 'shredding' or using techniques like tapping or divebombs or whatever because, again, the songs they write are shit. Their music is insanely tacky and juvenile, and that's fine. Juvenile doesn't always mean bad; look at Wavves or Blink 182. It's just that their music is really hard to like due to the fact that the music, despite the skill of the people who play it, is overproduced, formulaic and not very engaging, and adding some guitar solos here and there won't fix that or make it any better as long as you're not putting any deliberate effort into the song as a whole.
>>
File: 1503635810739.gif (288KB, 399x632px) Image search: [Google]
1503635810739.gif
288KB, 399x632px
>>75179999
>overproduced
not a criticism
>guitar solos
limp bizkit has exactly 5 solos spanning their discography
>>
>>75179982
I've been thinking of saving up for some good IEMs instead. Been looking at the Westone UM Pro 30s, I've only heard good things about those.
>>
>>75179999
>Still, it doesn't really matter how good the band is at 'shredding' or using techniques like tapping or divebombs or whatever

Sorry, but once again, you clearly just haven't listened to them. I'm not exactly blaming you, they're a fucking meme and Fred Durst is a douche (imo he's hilarious though). That being said LB were not a band that would "shred" or do divebombs. Remember that Nu-Metal bands hardly ever did guitar solos. When I say they were talented I mean that they came up with chord progressions, riffs and song structures that were interesting and melodic. Not just boring 4 chord alt rock. I sincerely think had the guitarist, bass player and drummer had a competent singer they could have had something special.
>>
>>75180022
>limp bizkit has exactly 5 solos spanning their discography
You get my point, though, and I think you know that. You're focusing really hard on technicality but that's not really the only factor that goes into writing music.
Also, cute duck gif. May I save it?
>>
I have been trying to learn the same song for about 3 months now.
I have not progressed much and it makes me feel like shit every time I try to play it.
>>
>>75180025
Cans are not the only way, for sure, but what is important is full soundstage. Some IEMs can get you that, but if money's an issue and owning both isn't an easily achievable goal then I would highly recommend saving for overears

t. former Etymotic user that 50/50 regretted expensive earbuds
>>
>>75180092
Is soundstage really that important or what?
>>
>>75179212
Get out.
>>
>>75180138
It's hard to perceive what it means until you have headphones that can render it. Truly a stage, in all of its geometrical dimensions.
>>
>>75180166
You can't make me.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.