[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it Okay to indulge in normie music while drunk and partying?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: images.jpg (8KB, 237x212px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 237x212px
I swear, all the college parties share a Spotify mix or something because every one I go to plays the same songs (One is guaranteed to hear Mr. Brightside by The Killers and All Night by Chance the Rapper at least once during the night). Is it acceptable to sing and enjoy these normie core songs while drunk and socializing? I would rarely listen to this kind of music outside of a social setting. Does the rest of /mu/ do the same?
>>
Why wouldn't it be okay faggot
>>
Of course it's fucking okay,why wouldn't it be? It's not like you can dance to and makeout to shit like death grips,radiohead,NMH or cpt.beefhear and other shit /mu/core
>>
>>75167587
Asking what music you're allowed to like makes you look like a way bigger faggot poseur than enjoying pop tunes.
>>
>>75167754
what makes you say you cant dance to those artists music?
>>
If you can't hold your ground for one fucking party you don't belong on this board
>>
>>75167587
no it's not okay when you're with normals and you hear party music you MUST put your hands over your ears and shout REEEEEEEEEEEEEE to keep yourself safe
>>
>>75167829
You can, but it's not the type of dancing you'll see at a college party.
>>
>>75167754
You can dance to death grips unless you are a fucking disgusting normie pleb like it sounds like you are
>>
What shit white people parties are you going to that they're playing the killers
>>
>>75167587
What a fucking loser. Do you really think that you're better than "normies" because of what music you listen to?
You either enjoy it or you don't, who cares if it's popular or not.
>>
>>75167859
What if it's multiple parties every weekend beacuse that's just what your social circle does?
>>
>>751678298
Have you ever been to a party dude? I can imagine dancing to Death Grips at a rave party maybe but with the rest of those you could probably dance 'artsy' if you know what I mean but nobody does that at a party or in the club
>>
>>75167829
>>75167924
>>
>>75167587
Leave this site ASAP, faggot.
>>
>>75167894
Yeah I'm disgusting for having a social life
>>
>>75167587
Being drunk is when you learn to appreciate normie music
>>
>>75167587
alcohol is bad for your health anon
>>
>>75167966
on /mu/ you are
>>
>>75167587
What party-type situation with a lot of normal people doesn't have normie music
I mean it's fine to indulge in it, make sure you like the music that you do like for the right reasons but if you can appreciate the normie party music in a way that is more of that as an object then that would make sense, but it's not like you'd be liking the music in a creative way
>>
>>75167587
If you go to parties you're a normie in the first place so yeah.
Faggot.
>>
>>75167754

>It's not like you can dance to and makeout to shit like death grips,radiohead,NMH or cpt.beefhear and other shit /mu/core
>implying
>>
>>75167904
Hey! I like the killers
>>
>>75167924
most ppl in clubs dance horribly though. i guess maybe just get drunk and blame it on the alcohol.
>>
File: 8e7.jpg (33KB, 528x404px) Image search: [Google]
8e7.jpg
33KB, 528x404px
>is it acceptable to listen to certain music?
>>
File: fug.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
fug.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>75168179
no
>>
If you are okay with being a pleb then yes it's okay.
>>
>>75168179
yes
>>
>>75167754
>with some college friends
>drunk as fuck
>put On GP by Death Grips
>...
>ALL THE NIGHTS I DON'T DIE FOR YOU
WOULDN'T BELIEVE HOW MANY NIGHTS I AIN'T DIED FOR YOU
ON GP
>>
>help /mu/ I had fun once pls approve
maybe you should take a break
>>
>>75168260
It's different if you're with a few of your good mated,when it's like that we play our favourite songs and get high and drunk and nobody fucking cares but in a party filled with normies they just want to dance drunk to something catchy with a simple dance beat
>>
>>75168367
You're lucky that they somewhat still play agreeable music. Imagine being in an arabic country or india or some shit and they only play that kind of music. If you don't like it don't go but if you go to get wasted it doesn't matter anyway.
>>
>>75167904
Frat and house parties.
>>
>>75167913
Never said I was better than them, just said that I don't like normie core music outside side of party settings. Most of my friends are normies, but I don't think I'm somehow le supperior.
>>
>>75168173
It's really hard to shift blame from autism to alcohol.
>>
why do you need approval from a load of losers on /mu/?

listen to anything if you enjoy it
>>
>>75167587
No.
>>
>>75169162
stop making sense reeee
>>
File: 1505485107998.gif (881KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1505485107998.gif
881KB, 350x350px
>>75169162
>>
>>75167587
>tfw for the first few nights out with my halls we listened to pretty much nothing but safe indie rock and pop tunes until I found out I was living with a /mu/tant
>tfw now we dominate the music discussion to the point that college normies either start to appreciate the music we play or drop out of the conversation entirely

Maybe if you weren't such a pussy you'd be able to tolerate pleb shit AND encourage others to broaden their horizons.
>>
>>75169664
OP here. I met a hardcore autist in my chem class who also browses 4chan regularly. He's an international student from Russia and he's a music enthusiast like myself who also is really into vinyl. I talk about /mu/ tier shit with him (we're even going to a Death Grips concert), but that's it. He doesn't go out much and the rest of my floor/friend group either likes mainstream rap or shit contemporary country.
>>
>>75169664
>be at a college party having a great time
>listen to some nice commonly known tunes
>kinda digging that cute girl I've been talking to
>suddenly the music changes to some ear-melting cacophony
>two weird looking smelly guys start loudly conversing about something called "modal Kazakhi nu-avant breakkraut"
>each sentence begins with "more than implying" and ends with "play-bayan"
>someone attempts to put the killers back on
>gets blasted with 150dB of acapella REEE
>lots of people leave right away
>have to stay so the girl doesn't think I'm intolerant of mentally disabled people
>get called "paytrishoon" by one of the autismos
>didn't even get laid in the end anyways
>mfw
>>
>>75167894
>dg
>not normie tier
lmao how deluded are these redditors
>>
>>75169955
dude no normies like DG, leave your basement
>>
>>75169969
you really are clueless
>>
>>75167587
Haha fucking loser gets invited to parties
>>
>>75167587
again who give a care
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.