[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this is the type of shit i listen to at work. we have pandora,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

this is the type of shit i listen to at work. we have pandora, but everything i put on is met with bitching. what can i listen to that doesn't suck, but would be tolerated when i'm surrounded by people who wear confederate flag tshirts?
>>
Jason Aldean
Lynyrd Skynyrd Radio
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy-SiZSlmhI
>>
>>75159200
jason aldean is on repeat along side brantley. but i must say florida georgia line is a bit of a guilty pleasure
>>
Skrewdriver
>>
so far i've gotten them to tolerate 90s alt. pleb, i know, but its the best i got.
dropkick murphys is a hit, but i hate that celtic shit. it just breaks up the monotony
>>
>>75159280
Johnny Rebel would go over well.
>>
>>75159186
>his is the type of shit i listen to at work
>picture of le country man with american flag geetar

Are we supposed to know who that is? Anyway, what kind of stuff do you play that gets met with bitching? Also, how old are you and your co-workers?

Assuming your co-workers just want to hear bro-country bullshit I would try to compromise a bit. Personally I would either play some old country music that's actually good, such as some Willie Nelson or Waylon Jennings. Also some Neil Young might go over well, though a lot of people hate his voice. From there I would probably try some Alt-Country, Uncle Tupelo, Son Volt or some of Wilco's more straightforward stuff.
>>
>>75159405
>Are we supposed to know who that is?
no he just stands for generic radio country
>Personally I would either play some old country
haggard nelson and cash are fine but i want to stray from country
>how old are you and your co-workers?
im in my 30s, they range from early 20s to 60s. small new england town.
>what kind of stuff do you play that gets met with bitching?
things i think are moderately accessible: dr dog, beck.
i listen to things like math rock, shoegaze, punk. i don't think my taste aren't that inaccessible.
>>
File: Ween-12GoldenCountryGreats.jpg (19KB, 303x300px) Image search: [Google]
Ween-12GoldenCountryGreats.jpg
19KB, 303x300px
>>
>>75159186
Listen to Chris Stapleton.
>>
>>75159186
looks like Rich Evans in the thumbnail
>>
>>75159510
Maybe try some rockabilly like Reverand Horton Heat? Kind of bridge the gap.
>>
>>75159510
Fair enough. Props to you for having the balls to math rock, shoegaze and punk around who i'm assuming are total normies. I wouldn't have the nerve. Also, good taste.

That being said it sounds like you just don't have much genuine interest in anything they might enjoy, which is unfortunate but I guess that's bound to happen. Chances are they wouldn't even be open to Alt-Country anyway. And you're definitely not gonna be able to appease people who are in their 50s or older who probably haven't payed close attention to music since the 70s.

Anyway, good luck.
>>
>>75159738
>rich goes on stage with detuned guitar
>strums and laughs hysterically for duration of concert
>martin scorsese directs

Pure kino
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.