[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /mu/ hate Arca so much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Vulnicura.jpg (481KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Vulnicura.jpg
481KB, 3000x3000px
I feel like if you guys didn't know he produced this you'd like it more.
>>
>>75154890

I don't think he's hated that much, just his new album was disappointing for some people. And Arca didn't do much on Vulnicura anyway, he came in when the album was nearly done.
>>
>>75154890
/mu only hates arca because of his last album and how much gayer he's gotten. back when xen came out there always threads about arca going down.

also vulnicura is a dope album, but arca didn't actually do a lot on the album.
>>
>>75154940
>>75154954
I know he didn't do a lot, but people routinely say that he ruined Bjork's entire new output, and that the new album is going to suck because of him.
>>
Entranas is literally a masterpiece and better than arca in every way
>>
>hate
dunno, a lot of it is probably just homophobia. I mean he does get extra -gay- at times so it's to be expected and on this site too.

As for his music, he's got some interesting stuff, but somehow even his normal length albums seem full of filler. Pretty unique style too, but the whole dark creepy evil vast hell nightclub thing gets old pretty fast and since he's not really exploring much outside of it it ends up feeling more like a gimmick. Like look at Aphex Twin for example. He changes his sound every main album.

Also I noticed there's a pretty big opposition to the rise of this style of modern futuristic electronic music (wonky, uk bass, glitch hop, vaporwave, hypnagogic pop etc). And yeah honestly I think it's kind of worrying to think that maybe this will probably turn out to be the future of electronic music, especially looking back at what "experimental" music meant in the past.

Vulnicura was good tho but only because Bjork was there to balance it out.
>>
>>75154890
he is one those gay people that want to call attention so bad that it becomes sad as fuck.
>>
>>75156019
>Also I noticed there's a pretty big opposition to the rise of this style of modern futuristic electronic music (wonky, uk bass, glitch hop, vaporwave, hypnagogic pop etc).
Because it's mostly trash and ironic rehash of better old genres.
Signed: oldschool electronic music fan.
>>
>>75156094
>call attention
Well he's an artist and an 'experimental' one on top of that so really the idea is that he can do and does whatever the fuck he wants. It's not like he expects the mainstream audience to listen to his shit in the first place. In fact you could argue that him having homosexual themes in his music is pretty avant-garde and worthy of praise. Compared to say, movies, music was never that queer throughout the years so he's technically pushing boundaries.

I don't like the dude either, but saying that you shouldn't express yourself through your own art is bullshit.
>>
>>75154890
>Arca produced this
wtf I hate Vulnicura now
>>
I listened to some of Arca's work and it just hasn't clicked with me
>>
>>75156156
This. Especially vaporwave, which is just shitty chopped and screwed.
>>
He's someone who rejects norms so hard, but for some reason, it registers as completely authentic. He's good at what he does, as far as his non-lyrical work goes, he's crushed genre through incredibly detailed soundscapes, beats etc. His self titled is also one of my favs but maybe it's cause I speak spanish and am gay so he gets me in the feels.
>>
>>75157259
You think Arca would like you? ;)
>>
>>75154890
We love him? At least the queer-leaning posters with taste.The Gate will be AOTY.
>>
>>75154890
Hes solo work isn't that good, The production in this album is good. I don't like the new song tho, reminds me of his work lol.
>>
I feel that his percussions/drums sound too messy to the point that I loose track of the rhythm speed; maybe if he placed in a 4-to-the-floor beat or a steady hi-hat I would be able to get a better sense of rhythm speed.
I hate the bass synth in Lionsong. It blends in with the bass drum and makes the song feel like the song itself has a cutoff effect.
I think Bjork's best work is with Neelee Hooper, but I think she should work with Emile Haynie(produced for FKA Twigs and Lana Del Rey) since he does make good trip-hop tracks. I would be curious what would happen if she worked with Trevor Horn, though.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.