[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dadrock/ thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 5.jpg (142KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
142KB, 1000x750px
Is dadrock the ultimate alpha genre, /mu/?

>listened by people who have 100% had sexual intercourse multiple times
>shows great parenting, as it is a good way to bond between parents and children
>promotes moral values and family
>songs remind you of special moments you had with your parents
>great for karaoke, as it is fun to sing while it is not complete garbage
>liked by normal people who can hold their shit together and live a stable life
>concerts are memorable and bond hundreds of thousands of people together with music
>non-degenerate lyrics about love and working class struggles
>guitar solos display skill and add to the song
>not written for basement dweller losers whose "superior taste" will ultimately be forgotten because they can't socialize

Also, what is your favorite /dadrock/ song, or song that your parents showed you?

My mother introduced me to Paint it Black by The Rolling Stones. (I don't actually even like them that much.)

Discuss.
>>
>>75152905
>listened by people who have 100% had sexual intercourse multiple times
I bet your dad didn't have sexual intercourse
>>
anon you are adopted
>>
How old were you when you realized dadrock was your favorite type of music? I was 20.
>>
OOOOOO SWEET CHILD O MINE
>>
>>75152964
i used to think that until i developed facial features similar to my parents, but now I am more sure that I am not.
>>
for me it's contrarianism for the sake being superior to other contrarians and basically just ending up liking something popular
>>
I listen to Boston, The Ramones and occasionally some other dadrock shit when I get bored and I feel like listening to easily digested shit and I'm still a lonely beta failed virgin failed normie piece of garbage
>>
It's cool man but the past is dead support the shit that's out today.
>>
File: 51FTDX31ABL._SX355_.jpg (22KB, 355x354px) Image search: [Google]
51FTDX31ABL._SX355_.jpg
22KB, 355x354px
My mom introduced me to The Beatles but if I were a father, this is what I would introduce my kids to.
>>
>>75153023
similar here, but some of those songs, despite being just okay, meant something to me

>>75153035
i think that 90% of the people here don't even care to listen to anything released after 2005, most of the recent stuff posted here is taylor swift shitposts.
>>
>>75153035
Time is a flat circle
>>
I gave an oppotunity to dadrock/classic rock and i'm glad i did it and it proves that you can't dismiss an entire genre or style. Still can't understand the fuzz about The Who though.
>>
>>75152905
yeah, I like Sonic Youth and Nirvana too
>>
>>75153101
Whoa.... man that's hella deep dude... fuck.....
>>
>>75153105
the who isn't dadrock imo, I like them a lot, but wouldn't consider them that, never seen an older person talk about them, they sound just a little bit crazier than usual to meet the criteria.
>>
>>75153144
This... This is what I'm talking about. This is what I mean when I'm talkin' about time, and death, and futility. All right, there are broader ideas at work, mainly what is owed between us as a society for our mutual illusions. Fourteen straight hours of staring at DB's, these are the things ya think of. You ever done that? You look in their eyes, even in a picture, doesn't matter if they're dead or alive, you can still read 'em. You know what you see? They welcomed it... Not at first, but... right there in the last instant. It's an unmistakable relief. See, cause they were afraid, and now they saw for the very first time how easy it was to just... let go. Yeah, they saw, in that last nanosecond, they saw... what they were. You, yourself, this whole big drama, it was never more than a jerry-rig of presumption and dumb will, and you could just let go. To finally know that you didn't have to hold on so tight. To realize that all your life - you know, all your love, all your hate, all your memories, all your pain - it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream, a dream that you had inside a locked room, a dream about being a person. And like a lot of dreams, there's a monster at the end of it.
>>
>>75153035
Fuck this attitude. I like old shit so I'm going to keep digging deeper into it.
>>
>>75153165
My Generation and The Who Sells Out in a degree sound a little crazy, but the rest sounds too tame and generic imo.
>>
>>75152905
My dad used to blast music in the room my Sega megadrive was in and outside of my bedroom while he went as far away from it as possible and watched TV with the volume all the way up. I grew up tortured by Queen, Phil Collins, Slade - all the worst dadrock.
He still acts like that to this day. He gets his music from this one shop where he buys anything the owner tells him to because he thinks they're friends. Dadrock is literally for betas like my dad.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.