[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What, if any, Odd Future/group member albums are worth listening to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

What, if any, Odd Future/group member albums are worth listening to
>>
Earl Sweatshirt
>>
Earl is the best one
>>
>>75151390
>>75151400
which album to stard, Doris I guess?
>>
Earl
>>
>>75151411
i dont like shit is his best
>>
>>75151411
Start with the s/t EP and then listen to Doris, from there listen to I Don't Like Shit and then finally Solace.
>>
>>75151428
>>75151445
thanks boys, time to go for a walk
>>
>>75151411
The earl mixtape
>>
>>75151452
alright
>>
Earl, Frank and Tyler
>>
What's /mu/ think of The Internet?
>>
>>75151364
Tyler: all albums, except Goblin is skippable and Bastard isn't necessary. Wolf and SFFB are fantastic though

Frank: Channel Orange, Endless, Blonde, the 2017 singles

The Internet (Syd tha Kid + Matt Martins + whoever else) are actually really good -- first album was weak, but Feel Good was great & Ego Death was stellar.

Earl: EP & IDLS are both pretty good. Doris is also good, too, but a little bit of filler on there

The group as a whole: OF Tape Vol. 1 was pretty good back in the day; Vol. 2 wasn't great but "Oldie" is an absolute must

That's it for full releases; coincidentally, that's also most of them.
Mike G made a few decent chopped & screwed remix tapes if you're into that.
>>
I Dont Like Shit I Dont Go Outside / Blonde / Flowerboy

Thank me later
>>
>>75152131
This.
Although I wouldn't say Goblin is skippable. I'd say just listen to everything Tyler has done from early to most recent, you can see his progression and it's cool. Plus Goblin has some good tracks
>>
>>75152173
Man I'm glad you said that, I actually do agree with you. It's definitely his weakest release, but I think it's still alright. "Analog" is one of my favorite songs by him, and the title track, Yonkers, and She were great too.
Tbqhwyf it's like a 3 or 3.5/5 album for me, which is certainly listenable. + that's my favorite thing to do with a new artist: listen to all their shit in order and watch how they grow.
>>
>>75152293
>>75152173
Also, you're even *more* right, cause I guess what made Wolf so amazing when it came out was how much of an all-around step-up it was from his stuff before
>>
>>75152138
Thank me later isn't an OF album
>>
artist tier list
S Tier: Tyler, the Creator, Frank Ocean
A Tier: Earl Sweatshirt
B Tier: Mike G, Matt Martians
C Tier: Hodgy, Syd
D Tier: Domo Genesis, Pyramid Vrita
F Tier: Left Brain
verdict: listen to raider klan instead fag
>>
File: 1505260388520.gif (2MB, 540x652px) Image search: [Google]
1505260388520.gif
2MB, 540x652px
Trying to think of some neat gateway rap for someone that's not really into it. Anyone game for recommendations? So far I've got:
>Brockhampton - Fight, Gummy
>Childish Gambino - Sweatpants, 3005, Heartbeat, Bonfire
>Kevin Abstract - Miserable America
>Earl Sweatshirt - Hive, Chum
>Tyler - Tamale, Who Dat Boi, Ziploc, Rusty, Domo 23
>Lil Dicky - Professional Rapper
>Kendrick - Humble, Element, King Kunta, DNA, i
>Beastie Boys - Intergalactic
>Jay Z/Kanye - Otis
>MF Doom - Sofa King, Accordian
>Kanye - Runaway, BLKKK SKKKN HEAD, The New Workout Plan
>Pusha T - Trouble on my Mind
>Capital STEEZ - Free the Robots, Evol love
>>
wolf, channel orange, doris for the OF feel
flower boy, blonde, idlsidgo, ego death if you dont care for OF feel
>>75151927
steve lacy and matt martians are extremely talented. steve lacy demo is fantastic though drum chord theory was just okay
syd ruins the group
>>
>>75152519
death grips
>>
>>75152519
I'd remove Heartbeat at least for Bino, if not also Bonfire. They sound dated now; use like The Worst Guys or Worldstar or something instead

Tyler's Tamale *could* be heard as annoying, I'd try his more storytelling tracks like a lot of the rest of Wolf (Colossus, Awkward, Cowboy, etc.) Try See You Again & Boredom & November

For Yeezy, The New Workout Plan is like a song-long skit. Try (Spaceship, All Falls Down, and Jesus Walks), as well as (We Major, Diamonds from Sierra Leone, and Heard 'em Say), & (I Wonder, The Good Life, and Flashing Lights)

I also recommend A Tribe Called Quest. Like "Award Tour" or "Scenario"
>>
>>75152519
>Earl - Huey, Faucet, AM // Radio
>Kanye - We Mayor, Jesus Walks, Spaceship, We Don't Care, Through The Wire, Heard 'Em Say
>Kendrick - Alright, Sing about Me
>MF Doom - One Beer, Vomitspit, Potholders, My Favorite Ladies
>>
>>75151411
kitchen cutlery, earl, doris idlsidgo, solace
its a good way to see his progression even though doris is better than the last two imo. Jet age and frank are also great.
>>
some tracks from domo's rolling papers are cool. tyler produced that album too. i like the song super market a lot
>>
>>75152466
>Tyler and Frank above Earl
wrong
>>
>>75154490
seconded, Domo gets overshadowed a lot but he's put out some pretty good stuff
>>
>>75151364
Tyler the Creator - Cherry Bomb and Flower Boy
Earl Sweatshirt - Doris and I Don't Like Shit
Anything from Frank Ocean
Anything from Syd the Kid/The Internet.
>>
File: 1460389318983.jpg (62KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
1460389318983.jpg
62KB, 736x736px
>>75151927
best thing to come from OF for sure.
>>75152543
without syd theyd be trash. her voice is really really nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSlnd4YnmGI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z32HJ7PHnKY
>>
>>75152519
dude. lyrical rap is shite. try some melodic artists
>>
>>75155653
>MUH MELODY
kys
>>
>>75152131
Bastard was the best thing he ever made
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.