[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy fuck. This is it. Album of the fucking year right here. FUCK.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: a3657669047_10.jpg (297KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a3657669047_10.jpg
297KB, 1200x1200px
Holy fuck. This is it. Album of the fucking year right here. FUCK.
>>
Got a link?
>>
>>75151151
I don't have a download, no, sorry. But it really is phenomenal.
>>
>>75151027
Cool cover, what genre?
>>
>>75151179
Hammock has floated for a while, I guess some would say Post-rock, some might say ambient. Some people might even consider them shoegaze (not on this album though). This album in particular is more like ambient with classical elements for the majority of the album, there are also electronic instruments and the end gets a bit post-rocky for a little.
>>
>>75151224
I would also add that Hammock has pretty heavy Christian influences, although they do not explicitly define themselves as a Christian group. Also, it's completely not necessary to be of faith to enjoy the music since there are almost never any lyrics and when they are they are very ambiguous. It's more the music itself that often has a heavenly sort of quality to it, if that makes sense. I feel like I want to specify it's heavily Christian but also point out that it shouldn't deter you if you're against that sort of thing.
>>
>>75151151
http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/OsXhG9db/file.html
>>
>>75151027
anything beyond maybe they will sing for us tomorrow is hammock rehashing themselves over and over, this album is not an exception
>>
>>75151313
That makes no sense, Hammock had no classical elements and was not heavily ambient at all prior to that, and Chasing After Shadows is distinctly different from anything they'd done before. Departure Songs is admittedly similar to Chasing After Shadows, but then Oblivion Hymns is a total shift in style. Everything and Nothing was then a return to their roots and then Mysterium is much like a better Oblivion Hymns -- which is exactly what the group is quoted in interviews as saying they wanted it to be -- Just a better Oblivion Hymns.

So I guess what you say is kind of sort of true, if you count two same-ish albums in a row and a stylistic return as "rehashing".
>>
>>75151313
fuck off, according to RYM, Raising Your Voice... Trying to Stop an Echo is better!
>>
>>75151357
I never understood the critics on Hammock, I always thought their later stuff was much better. Their old stuff is still great, but their later stuff blows my mind. Apparently all the critics beg to differ, though...
>>
>>75151350
they might have changed their sound in places, but they still rely on the same harmonic/melodic tropes they've been using since 2005. no matter what album i'm hearing, i always get the same "oh, they did this thing before" feeling
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.