[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wtf anon, why aren't you listening to Pavement?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

File: e0d4d9ce.jpg (36KB, 790x555px) Image search: [Google]
e0d4d9ce.jpg
36KB, 790x555px
wtf anon, why aren't you listening to Pavement?
>>
>>75148679
Malk-y I love u wit cho bird lookin ass
>>
I am though, boss. Terror Twilight today
>>
Pavement is shit
>>
listened to crooked rain and it sounds like a field recording of a teenage band doing soundchecks, wtf
>>
>>75148712
I like that a lot but it feels more like a solo Malkmus album instead of a Pavement album
>>
File: 4876783.jpg (35KB, 696x696px) Image search: [Google]
4876783.jpg
35KB, 696x696px
>>75148737
>>
I do.
>>
Best Malkmus solo? Pig Lib for me
>>
>indie wank
>worth listening to
At least the shitty guitar virtuoso wank has some variety that comes in through its technicality. Pavement's just shit.
>>
>>75149363
Pavement has a more practical grasp of music theory than every single prog and post-rock band. And a much better sense of irony.
>>
>>75149382
Not at all. It's no different a grasp than generic pop music writers, which itself is a very basic grasp based on early Baroque era ideas.
>>
>>75149398
Yikes
Why don't you name some of these great prog and post rock bands haha.
>>
>>75149429
(Suddenly disappears)
>>
>>75149382
>Pavement has a more practical grasp of music theory
[citation needed]
>>
>>75148744
That's probably why it's so good.

I mean yeah it doesn't have the classic shambling pavement vibe of good times but is that necessarily a bad thing? It's much more fleshed out and actually constructed as opposed to just thrown together

Also listen to uhh "mirror traffic" by SM and the Jicks it is pretty good also but with a tinge of awful Portland 40y/o+ liberal NPR vibes but it's generally good
>>
>>75149508
If I need to explain this to you, I imagine you have literally experience in songwriting, elsewise you're deluded with your own ability to put random chords and notes down on a page with impressive solos which are you going randomly over the scale the song has been written in (probably some try hard serious one like F#)
>>
>>75149605
>*NO experience
>>
>>75149605
>I imagine you have literally experience in songwriting
I've written about 80 published songs.

How about you?
>>
>>75149627
Post one. I've personally studied Bach (pronounced Bawhhhug) in the Basel conservatory and have written multiple serialist chamber pieces.
>>
>>75149627
I have over 300 confirmed songs bub
>>
>>75149659
>I've personally studied Bach (pronounced Bawhhhug) in the Basel conservatory and have written multiple serialist chamber pieces.
Great so you'll be able to provide a citation then?

I'll wait
>>75149665
How many are copyrighted and published?
>>
>>75149683
all of em
>>
>>75149696
>>
>>75149716
I am trained in 12-tone composition and I’m the top cellist in the entire NY philharmonic
>>
>>75149774
>>
>>75149683
I literally won't be able to, because I'd have to compare the sheet music of Pavement to every single prog and post rock band which is not possible on this site much less feasible, and would also require an objective definition of the word practical and grasp which is literally impossible. But assuming your going to continue this and say it's proof your correctness, I ask you to provide citation that ANY prog or post band has a more practical grasp of music theory than Pavement, as well as proof your band is relevant in any way to this.
>>
what about the voice of geddy lee, how did it get so high?
>>
>>75149829
Nope, you are just stalling now.

You made a claim, you need to back it up or recant.

Which is it?
> I ask you to provide citation that ANY prog or post band has a more practical grasp of music theory than Pavement, as well as proof your band is relevant in any way to this.
Why?
>>
>>75149825
I ghost performed for Glenn Gould.
>>
>>75149869
Okay, if you're unwilling to provide proof that any post or prog band is better than Pavement. I'll assume Pavement has a better grasp. Or you can give me your Skype and I'll explain why it's better. Assuming your not 12 fucking years old. Oh by the way, ITAOTS is a combination of Shakespeare and Bach.
>>
>>75149846
I KNOW HIM, AND HE DOES!!!!!!!
>>
>>75149929
>if you're unwilling to provide proof that any post or prog band is better than Pavement.
I don't need to, because the initial argument YOU made is
>Pavement has a more practical grasp of music theory than every single prog and post-rock band
The burden of proof is on you.

For argument's sake, let's compare Pavement to, say, A Passion Play by Jethro Tull.

>ITAOTS is a combination of Shakespeare and Bach
That's one of my favorite albums btw
>>
We are witnessing an argument of pure logic by two of the greatest minds of our generation

A battle of wills to stack up against the greatest mythical epics of ancient times
>>
>>75149983
Track 1: random licks and a couple arpeggios played up and down a scale
Track 2: again, arpeggios and simple broken chords played up and down scale wtf is this gay ass shit
Track 3: pretty good actually
Track 4: eh, sounds like some weird bon jovi shit. little tonal direction, melodically a mess... and yup, I'm looking at the sheet and it consists of nothing but C major scales...
track 5: this is legit just disney channel music. I didn't study at Basel (Bach [pronounced Bawhhhug]) to LISTEN TO DISNEY MUSIC. Funny voice though.
track 6: all the same key, all the same time cigs. saxophone solo. (Worth pointing out the album never plays on quietness or loudness, everything is the same volume)
track 7: UGH IVE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS. THIS IS SO UNSATISFYING. JUST FUCKING NOTES FROM A SCALE PLAYED BY SPAZZES WITH ZERO PROGRESSION, JUST FUCKING POUNDING AND SPAZZING ON NOTES DUDE SOUNDS LIKE PRINCE CHARMING FROMSHREK AHHHHHHHHHHB
>>
>>75150208
This isn't a citation.

Try again. Be sure to use sources and chart it out and illustrate your point. Should be easy for you since you are clearly not a teenager and have an in-depth knowledge and experience in theory yourself, right?
>>
So is Pavement intentionally being boring or what? I don't get it.
>>
>>75150251
The thing is, that's just a transcription of my master thesis on Jethro Tull from when I got my doctorate at Basel. If you think music analysis is performed in any other way, I suggest going to a conservatory and getting your world rocked.
>>
>>75150294
Not a citation. Try again.
>>
My god you people suck so much. I mean so much. And you both have small dicks.
>>
>>75150371
>And you both have small dicks.
That's not what your mom said
>>
>>75149966
you're my fact checking cuz
>>
>>75150408
epic
>>
>>75150408
holy crap
>>
>>75149228
s/t because Phantasies is an incredible song
>>
File: 10sec.jpg (86KB, 464x376px) Image search: [Google]
10sec.jpg
86KB, 464x376px
>>
>>75151245
Ween
>>
>>75151245

Swans
>>
>>75151245
guided by voices
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.