[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Synthesiser/Drum Machines/Other Kit Recommendations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: korg_ms20_mini_alt_lg.jpg (68KB, 1200x668px) Image search: [Google]
korg_ms20_mini_alt_lg.jpg
68KB, 1200x668px
I'm a DJ who is wanting to start producing house and techno music in Logic Pro, I've got a budget of around £1000 to spend on equipment, I've already got monitors and a basic MIDI keyboard, what other equipment would you recommend to increase workflow and creation of mad sounds?
>>
An education/ piano skills
>>
Any decent book or video recommendations are also welcome
>>
>>75145900
Either a) learn how to play the piano properly and start from there or b) get a cheap sequencer
>>
>>75145920
>>75146097
piano skills for house and techno ? It's a plus but not needed

>>75145900
If you want a mono synth, the ms20 mini is a good pick. Bass Station 2 is fantastic too.
If you want poly for under 1000 get a digital synth because you'll only find 4 voice synths and they're not really good.
>>
>>75146304
Well you're asking how to increase workflow and creation of mad sounds, that would do it. I don't recommend you enroll at a college right away or anything, but find an instructor that could point you in the right direction. I went to college and even the introductory courses were too hard for me. I may go back eventually though.
>>
>>75146330
I'm not OP, I'm not asking anything. I was just pointing out that it is possible to make EDM with basic knowledge in music theory
>>
>>75146365
>it is possible to make EDM with basic knowledge in music theory

no shit
>>
File: Akai_MPC3000.jpg (62KB, 654x600px) Image search: [Google]
Akai_MPC3000.jpg
62KB, 654x600px
ana akai mpc of some sort. even the old ones is so good you can load up samples from a few good drum machines and then sample a few sounds from records and you are already working on a track
>>
>>75148066
In this day and age how is this more appealing than using a DAW?

An MPC is still a computer, just one with no memory and a calculator display.
>>
>>75148134
If you're somebody who wants to wail on some pads and really use it as an insturment and not just a DAW, like me, then you might like the MPC. However if you're looking for a DAW, then yeah MPC is just another DAW.
>>
>>75146304
>If you want poly for under 1000 get a digital synth because you'll only find 4 voice synths and they're not really good.
there are cheap analog polys, alpha junos and jx8p for example
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.