[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people listen to Greatest HITS albums?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: John-Lennon.jpg (233KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
John-Lennon.jpg
233KB, 1920x1080px
>>
Some people are just moms.
>>
>>75142905
for the same reason people make playlists
>>
>>75142977
this
>>
>>75142905
>Normies
>>
>yes, I've listened to every elvis, buddy holly, billie holiday and ray charles album
t. no one
>>
>>75142991
why do people make playlists?
>>
>>75142905
They don't make sense in the modern world but they were valuable in the past and the theory of them still makes a lot of sense, I don't think anyone actually should or necessarily does listen to them as a full album but for artists who only have some good songs and no albums worth fully digging into (like a lot of pop artists), they are an efficient way to get the music you want without paying for overly indulgent garbage

But now it doesn't matter because you can buy tracks or not buy music at all if you want to listen to it, so you can just make your own playlists and the albums are unnecessary
>>
>>75142905
>>75143253
agreed, they used to be an affordable way to explore an artists discography and can still be useful in exploring the discographies of single-based artists

for older popular artists albums werent necessarily cohesive works - it can be really taxing to sit through an old elvis album or something like that - someone like that would better be explored through compilations
>>
>>75143307
fyi there are several Elvis albums that are worth listening to:
Sun Sessions
Elvis Presley
From Elvis in Memphis
The Wonder of You
If I Can Dream
>>
File: IMG_2209.jpg (12KB, 206x212px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2209.jpg
12KB, 206x212px
>>75142905
>band's best selling album is a greatest hits compilation
>>
So they can listen to the songs they like, you fucking moron
>>
>>75142905
because they have all the hits
>>
>>75143461
yeah im sure these are great, ive never really delved into his discography
i think to fully understand his output though, you could find out a lot more from singles on greatest hits comps - he just wasnt really an album artist
>>
>>75142905
rockists, please go
for some bands and genres it makes sense to listen to compilation albums
It's not unheard of that a band has great singles but the rest of the album is mostly filler
>>
>>75143461
Sun Sessions is basically a greatest hits compilation

>The Wonder of You
>If I Can Dream
aren't those singles?
>>
I beat my wife today, oh boy
4 thousand bruises on her arms and legs
and though the bruise was rather small
they had to count them all
now they know how many slaps it takes to get me a fucking cold beer
>>
>>75143928
No they're both compilation albums accompanied by an orchestral arrangement.
>>
>>75142905
because some artists have a shitload of garbage material. some genres are more single-oriented than others
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.