[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

Holy shit
>>
black
gay
that hair

never gonna listen to it :)
>>
This is the best album ever made
>>
>>75140931
As a 26 year old millennial man this is greatest album I have ever heard. Frank Ocean is a god.
>>
SPEAKIN OF NIRVANA IT WAS THERE
>>
listening to this rn for the first time in a year and it def holds up, its a really great record!
>>
/r/im14andthisisdeep
>>
best lyric thread
>Now and then you miss it / Sounds make you cry
>Some nights you dance with / Tears in your eyes
>>
>>75142775
this.

It's like this people never listened to anything else in their life
>>
Why does this music all have the same fucking beats in it?

I cannot for the life of me figure out why you would take a beat machine sound, the literal sound you hear in all of these fucking albums and songs, and copypaste it.
>>
>>75140931
It's not good.
>>
>>75142788

nah this is legitimately a genius album.

The aesthetic is so interesting coming from an artist in Frank's position (especially after something as straight-forward, direct and safe as Channel Orange).

It's so ridiculously raw and minimal. All around. The recording was obviously very spontaneous, the song structures are linear and wandering, sounds were intentionally kept unvarnished to betray a sense of intimacy. It seems like it was a direct response to a lot of the safe, sickly sweat, clean over-production that's so rampant in RnB today.

This album is definitely going to be a game-changer for the genre whether you like it or not.

And none of that is even mentioning what an amazing lyracist frank is. It's a beautiful narrative about conflict of identity (among other things).

I can understand how you'd listen to the album and be like "uh...did he finish this?" but it has so much depth upon repeat listens, please just bare with it.
>>
>>75143175
It's amazing how weak this makes channel ORANGE look by comparison, when that album seemed like such a definitive statement right up until Blonde came out
>>
>>75143261

yeah lol. A couple weeks after this came out I was hard pressed to say it had usurped CH, but at this point there's no question.

Talk about fucking artistic evolution.
>>
14 years olds
faggorty reunion
>>
>>75143175
It's not like I don't like the album but you're pushing it with the game-changer, you can keep repeating it but it's simply not true

just because another shallow pop musician (Lorde) said it,doesn't make it true but hey apparently the bar is really that low

Still can't see how anyone in their right mind would claim Channel orange is superior because it's so safe and bland compared to this

the new shit he put out is awful too (except maybe Channel until the vocals hit) but like he says it here, It's all downhill from here...
>>
>>75143261
>>75143175
blond is not some masterpiece

channel orange is by far the best album, two times more rich than blond, you're hype hype bandwangonner talking shit out your ass
pulling a fuckin pre-ready review to this shit everytime as somebody would care

overrating every hype

also got back literally to reddit/frankocean
>>
>>75140935
go back to pol
>>
>>75143446

Well no Channel Orange, while being safe, was still brilliant. It was just very direct in terms of songwriting (Although most critics didnt get the narrative; it being in part a commentary on the shallow, unfulfilling material existence of American upper class youth). It checked all the boxes of what a great RnB/Soul album should be.

And i don't give a fuck what Lorde says she doesn't make very notable music.

>>75143484
Listen to it more, guy. It's what RnB will be in 5 years.
>>
>>75143484
>hype hype bandwangonner talking shit out of your ass
AYUDAME
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.