[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: a4099353330_16.jpg (127KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
a4099353330_16.jpg
127KB, 700x700px
Any opinions on this one?

https://youtu.be/F9L4q-0Pi4E
>>
>>75138589
10/10 one of the only good vaporwave albums, next to virtua.zip
>>
>>75138589
dude ugh its so good
>>
>>75138589
Vaporwave is cancer because quality albums such as OP's, Blank Banshee, and others are limited to being part of a shitty meme genre.

I'm glad to hear Saint Pepsi got threatened over using the Pepsi name. He has moved on from the meme. George Clanton (E:SPIRIT) has followed suit by sticking to his name and forgetting his vaporwave persona.
>>
only good vaporwave album. wish there more melodic pianos like in the first track rather than silly sounding beats though
>>
>>75138607
>38607▶
>>>75138589 (OP)

True I happen to love a lot of vaporwave but the genre is just so oversaturated with lazy or excessively pretentious shit
>>
I don't understand why this is referred to as a vaporwave album

It's mostly just ambient, if anything
>>
>>75138639
you know ESPRIT is releasing a new album in November, right?

and chill dude, it makes me sad that people like you can't get into some really great pieces of art just because you can't look past vaporwave as a meme
>>
>>75138714
He's at least distancing from vaporwave, but I'm a hardcore vaporwave fan. I've got cassettes galore, I just hate majority of the producers and fans. They make the entire genre look like they purposely stuff their heads up their asses seeing who can get it farther.
>>
>>75138589
great album desu senpai
>>
>>75138869
Honestly I'm inclined to agree with you.

This is easily one of my top 3 vaporwave albums and even i get sick of the pretentiousness that is Hong Kong Express. and he just kinda represents many of the artists in the scene
>>
>>75138667
it's inspired by the visual aesthetics of vaporwave but it's not actually vaporwave
>>
>>75138589
Leading dreampunk album.

I know HKE personally, and he's past this kind of stuff. But this was his goat for me.
>>
>>75139174
Yeah that's what I was assessing from it.

It just seems like an ambient/downtempo release. There's a pitched down vocal sample every so often on like the 3rd track but other than that I can't find anything tangibly vaporwave about it.
>>
so comfy
third track is the best
>>
what are the vaporwave essentials?
>>
File: TYHsJ1y.jpg (3MB, 3745x4500px) Image search: [Google]
TYHsJ1y.jpg
3MB, 3745x4500px
>>75139829
You got the ultra guide http://vaporwaveultra.tumblr.com/post/94077486425/vaporwave-essentials-guide-ultra-edition

Then you got the more recent nu edition. Which I'm on, bonus points if you guess which.
>>
>>75138667
>>75139174
>>75139248
I find it captures the same feelings that regular vaporwave does, maybe more on the melancholic side though. It's not vaporwave because it lacks a lot of sampling, but the fact that it was inspired by it is almost tangible.
>>
how do y'all feel about pic related?
>>
one of my favorite albums of all time. it's my phone lock password and wallpaper. 10/10 neo-tokyo vibes
>>
>>75138589
Quick reminder that Dream Catalog are doing a second pressing of 新しい日の誕生 that hasn't sold out yet.

https://dreamcatalogue.bandcamp.com/album/--18
>>
>>75141893
Would you mind posting a phone wallpaper version of the artwork?
>>
>>75140155
Thanks bro
>>
>>75140155

Does anyone have a copy of "Lonely Streets" by w u s o 命?

I checked out the Vaporwave Mega (https://mega.nz/#F!iwABUApY!MaExct8QR-gKyg_2zdt1YA!y5RwTL5K) but it's not in there and it's not on Rutracker either.

I found a ZIP file for it but it was password protected with no password provided.
>>
>>75141909
Second
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.